Come Back To Me...

An Unaccepted Apology...

 

He rushed towards sleeping Heechul ,as he stirred in his sleep, mumbling something...troubled expressions on his face..May be another nightmare or a memory of some kind ...he couldn’t tell.

This was quite often with Heechul. Sometimes, he would wake up screaming, crying in the middle of night...Hankyung  would do his best to calm him down by hugging him tightly and caressing him. Heechul would then fall asleep again, clutching Hankyung’s hand.

He would never remember what the dream was about later...whether it was just another dream or a memory..even if he remembered something he wouldn’t be able to tell it properly...

Hankyung hummed a lullaby as he Heechul’s forehead softly..Smiling as Heechul’s expressions became peaceful again as he calmed down... unconsciously reaching for Hankyung’s hand....

He had been hopeful..when he felt a movement in fingures curled around his palm.It had woken him up.He couldn’t understand it at first as he stared at them groggily..But then he had realized what has been happening...he was happy ..so happy..

He looked at Heechul’s face hoping that finally he would open his eyes...

“Heechul...”He called out slowly tightening his grip on slender fingers.

Heechul  stirred  for a moment but then he started to shake vigorously, struggling to breath..His eyes still closed..pained expression on his face...Hankyung stared in horror..as all the machine started to buzz loudly..setting him in deep panic..

“Heechul......NO...nurse......Doctor...”He shouted..as he rang for help.

He was still clutching Heechul’s hand calling his name.. thinking what he should do when doctors came rushing..He was reluctant to let go but he understood that it wasn’t helping Heechul in any manner.

He stood outside the room, helplessly looking at the struggle the weak fragile body was having for several next minutes..then everything was calm again....the machines started to beep again..normally..He exhaled..shaking badly...He didn’t realized when it started...he sat down holding his head with both of  his hands...as tears started flowing..he sobbed...sobbed in fear he had felt in last few minutes...fear of losing him...

They were sitting in front of the doctor who was explaining Heechul’s current state. His mother firmly holding his hand...still a bit shaky...

“He couldn’t breathe properly...”Doctor explained.

“We were afraid about this...Because of lack of oxygen he has slipped in the state of Comatose..or coma in simple terms...”

Hankyung’s heart sank when he heard this..his mother’s grip tightened.

He stared at the brain scan images.... images of Heechul’s brain..

“There’s something seriously wrong in your brain Chullie...  the wiring is all messed up...badly.......”He had commented once when Heechul had either said or done something stupid.

“Heyy..It’s one of its kind...one you can’t understand..”Heechul had stated firmly, sticking out his tongue.

He couldn’t understand it really...as doctor’s explained something,pointing at some part using some heavy medical term  he couldn’t understand..He wasn’t interested in it though..all he wanted to know the consequences...what was going to happen to his Chullie....

 “ Mr.Han,I know it’s hard for you but I have to tell you..what might happen from here....”doctor said getting full attention from Hankyung now.

“The worst cases..He might never wake up again or He could be in vegetative state forever ”he said in soft voice..

Hankyung shook his head vigorously...no...these were NOT the possibilities he  was even considering..Nor he wanted to listen to them..

“I am sorry but we have to tell you all the possibilities..but look at slight brighter possibility He could wake up duration unknown for now  but may forget his life..either temporarily or permanently....”

Hankyung stared at him blankly...

“Or he could wake up and be alright in every manner and go home with you happily just after few therapy sessions here....”doctor completed his sentence smiling slightly..

Hankyung liked that idea..Heechul going home with him...Both of them happy once again..a small smile broke on his lips as hope fluttered again..

“There it is... you like it don’t you...we love it..and we will do every possible thing for it to become reality....be patient and hopeful, son...”He completed his hand gently.

Hankyung left doctor’s cabin, eager to go back to Heechul.. his mother still holding him firmly.But then he saw someone...Siwon ...standing there, may be waiting for him..something clicked in him as images of Heechul’s earlier struggle ...struggle for a single breathe came in front for his eyes...he had caused it all...and this man...he was the reason..his mind filled with rage...he moved with lightening speed before anyone could understand anything....

“Why...??WHY did you come??He yelled grabbing Siwon’s collar as he looked at him shock on his face.

“I was happy...WE were happy..why did you have to come into my life??Why..??”He screamed in agony ,tears flowing freely....still grabbing the collar tightly..

His mother had come to his side trying to calm him down..his appa with other hospital staff was trying hard to loosen his grip..as Siwon tried to argue, explaining something.

“No...Don’t you dare to use those flashy, cheesy words on me again...I had told you many time that I was with HIM...but you had to seduce me didn’t you...just what the hell were you thinking....??”He was yelling on top of his voice...his shaking had returned and he has started to breath hard.

Everyone in hospital was staring at this scene. As Hospital staff frantically trying to find oout solution to it.

“And myself... glorious fool ...f***ing idiot,I was blown by your charm...Do you know how I treated him..Do you know how much he was hurt...Do you know what our ‘little fling’ have cost him...Do you know anything??”He was breathless now..like his lungs were running out of air...Siwon’s face had started to blur now..but he still talked...

“He didn’t deserve all this...get out...GET OUT.....”He used last of his power to blurt it out..

He felt like he was drowning ... Everything was blur now ...he heard Siwon’s voice yelling out for him his hands trying to hold him as he fell...drowning deep under...but he refused that touch even in that state...he kept on drowning.....

He heard his mother’s voice coming from far way... there was no air left to breath..he struggled...struggled for some air to take in..he was happy for one reason though...he could feel Heechul’s pain...like they shared something common.....

“Breath baby....You can’t be like this...Be strong for him...for YOUR  Heechul... Breath slowly”He heard his mother..heard that name..he had to be there with him..he had to be strong...

He gasped...taking in all air he could..His head was ringing and his body had gone cold...sweat covering it...he breath in slowly..going limp due to exhaustion.....

He woke up on bed next to Heechul..He stared at the IV drip for sometime,as each drop fell ..He then rolled on his side to have a look at Heechul’s face..peaceful face...

He dragged himself up.. pulling out his IV..He stood next to Heechul’s bed for sometime..

“Hi baby...”He whispered slowly sitting down next to it.

“I talked to the doctor and he mentioned a few possibilities..you know how they are...always ‘exaggerating’ things..your words...”He smiled remembering.

“He told me that you may never wake up or you may forget everything...but that’s not true...you will wake up and you will remember everything right...ok you are allowed to forget the part where I was being a ‘harsh heartless idiot’ to you...I will be glad if I could erase those memories myself..but even if you remember them and get mad at me ...it will be still ok....any damn thing will do..until you promise to return back to me ...and remember even if you decide to tease me by sleeping some more...I won’t lose..I will be here with you..to your side..no matter what happens....But that won’t happen because you will wake up.....you...”He suddenly stood up pointing his finger at unconscious figure as if he is warning him...

“You Kim Heechul..you are not allowed to forget a thing about me..about us...You will wake up...and whine about being in hospital first..then you will lash out at me for being so stupid and ruthless to you..your feelings..you will curse and slap me..you will...and I will listen to every word, silently saying you are right...because you ARE always right aren’t you?”He paused smiling.

“And then when finally you are calmed down a bit I will beg you ..I will beg you to take me back...to forgive me........You will forgive me right ...you will forgive this dumb china man of yours won’t you?”He questioned his voice shaky...as he sobbed waiting for one answer he wanted to hear for so many days...response which never came..but he was not giving up..

He spent his days lying next to Heechul,their hands laced together as he whispered memories of their days together...right from the day they first met...

Siwon kept on making appearances but he ignored him now and let his appa deal with him..as he tried to remember each day from last several years...each day..each minute..each moment that they had spent together...remembering every minute detail and saying it in soft voice...may be Heechul could hear him...may be it  will prevent him from forgetting anything....may be it will give him strength to come back...come back to him...

Many a times he would fall asleep like that...holding Heechul’s hand firmly...He would dream of him waking up in his arms,smiling at him...

He thought he was still dreaming when he received a call from his mom telling him that Heechul had woken up...he had finally woken up...He had ran back to hospital when he realized he was not dreaming..that Heechul had ACTUALLY woken up.... he had missed it...the moment...as he had gone to get some medicines...but nonetheless He was awake...His Heechul...

He ran in full speed...thinking of the things he will say to Heechul..but as he came nearer to the room he got scared...he never asked his mom in what state Heechul was...what if...

He paused for a moment in front of the door...He exhaled and opened it...

The noise made Heechul to turn his attention at him..He held his breath as two chocolaty eyes stared into his...Then he heard one name....a sound so blissful...

“Hannie.......” 

 

 


Thank you new subscribers...

Love ur comments...glad you all are liking it...It means so much to me.. really ^_^