Are You Really Him..??

An Unaccepted Apology...

 

“Heechul...stop playing around and eat......”Hankyung pleaded looking at Heechul who was busy playing with Heebum,completely ignoring Hankyung who was standing with the bowl in his hand....

“Come on, finish this...”Hankyung tried again.. Heechul finally decided to take a bite..the last one of the  porridge which he absolutely HATED..but was apparently healthy...because Hankyung says so....

“I talked to your friend today....”Hankyung said..putting the bowl  aside.

“Mimi friend.....why didn’t you let Heechul talk with him then....?”Heechul complained ,pouting...

“We will meet him soon..and then you can talk ....arraso..”Hankyung assured .

“What will Heechul tell Mimi....Ahh...his new toys..the new story Heechul read... and that new cap of his right...??..ummm.....will he tell him about the reason he wakes up in the night...??”He tried to ask ,looking for Heechul’s reaction eagerly.

Heechul kept quite..busying himself with his toys around..

Hankyung signed..he didn’t want to push Heechul...He just have to be patient for now..May be Heechul will actually tell something to Zhou Mi..

“I will tell him about fairy mother....”Heehchul said suddenly...still busy playing...

Hankyung looked up..hopeful..Heechul had said something...but what does it mean....fairy mother...?Is it something from his dreams..or in the story he read or might be from TV...he had no clue..

“Fairy mother...?”He asked cautiously...as Heechul just nodded.

“What about Fairy mother..?”He continued ...still hopeful...

“I will tell Mimi about it...it’s our secret...”Heechul answered in low voice...as good as whispering...

Hankyung couldn’t help but laugh...He knew about it..Heechul would do this...sharing some of his ‘secrets’ with only  his Mimi friend....it’s like it was their pact or something.....Heechul would say these in low voices...some of them would be very silly...like how he broke a glass and blamed  it all on... once again poor Bummie...or how he poured down the milk down the sink when Hankyung was not watching...but it showed the trust he had on Zhou Mi.....

It has been days since Zhou Mi had started talking with Heechul.He would sit with him..just two of them...as Zhou Mi tried to peek in the confused mind of Heechul...trying to lit at least a small corner of that darkness filled mind and brain...asking him various questions...giving him direction to think about his past...He was not that successful per say...But Heechul was responding very well to him trying to cooperate at his best...Zhou Mi had won his trust...and that was more important...even though he was still very skeptical about Hankyung being his Hannie....

 Days were passing and  Heechul’s physical injuries were healing slowly...therapies were going on..helping his body to function as before..he had started to walk around a bit...but nothing could be said about his emotional state...he would still ask about his Hannie now and then...but Zhou Mi would assure him that he will soon remember everything....

“You look excited...”Hankyung said as soon as Zhou Mi entered for his session with his Heechul.

“I am...I just have an idea...let’s do one experiment...hope it works...” Zhou Mi was all excited.

“Heechul..I just want to do something ..will you..”He asked locking the door behind him.

Heechul just nodded.

“Ok...Now just lay down and relax...close your eyes and ....just don’t think about anything ok?”He instructed taking a seat in front of Heechul.

“Good.....”He said when Heechul obeyed him..Hankyung just stood in the corner watching the scene.

“Now Heechul, did you see I locked the door behind me...?”Zhou Mi questioned.

Heechul nodded again.

“Great...how many of us are here now...?”

“umm..three..me ,you and that person who says he’s my Hannie...”Heechul answered, his eyes still closed.

“Right..just three of us...now I want you to concentrate on my voice..do you recognize my voice Heechul...?”Zhou Mi’s voice was careful.

“yeah..I guess..”Heechul answered.

“I will stop talking now...but I want you to concentrate on whichever voice you hear ...just forget everything else and think about only that voice...”Zhou Mi said instructing Hankyung to come near.

“Talk to him...”He mouthed.

Hankyung looked confused..But he had to trust Zhou Mi..but what should he talk about..

“Hey Chullie...I am sorry you don’t remember anything...but you don’t have to worry..I am here...I will tell you everything...everything about us...”Hankyung talked in a low soothing voice..He saw Heechul’s expressions changed a bit, he contracted his eyes, closing it tightly....giving his full attention..

“Just relax....you hate that....closing your eyes that tightly or even furrowing forehead because that would give you ....wrinkles  of course...”He smiled as Heechul relaxed a bit..

“You are one of your kind you know...with unique mindset and visions... people may say you are weird..but I just love it...the uniqueness in you..you never fail to amaze me ...my very own magician’s hat...I really can’t tell what would come out of that amazing brain of yours suddenly...even after all these years....It’s amazing...you are amazing...the sunshine in my life...ohh you even hate this...these lines...you think it’s ummm ‘cheesy’... but I know...you love them secretly....”Hankyung watched as Heechul’s face suddenly became a bit surprised.... like he had realized something.

He looked at Zhou Mi...who signalled him to keep talking...

“It’s always been like this...you and me..us... together with each other...right since we were young..I mean I was young., since you...well you never really grew up did you...??I sometimes think that you are still that 14  year old boy I met on school ground...and instantly fell in love with...those days were magical...I wish we could go back..and start over...you and me...we.... “

“Hannie...”Heechul shot up,looking around the room.He then looked at Hankyung confused.

Hankyung was shocked..did Heechul just ....

Zhou Mi immediately came to his side, instructing him to keep talking.

“I ..I wish you to remember everything..the precious memories of ours...I want you to recognize me..your Hannie...but even if you don’t.. it’s still ok with me...because we can make new memories...you and me...we will be together always...”Hankyung completed in shaky voice..his eyes teary.

Heechul was still staring at him in confusion...like his mind and brain were fighting....

“Heechul...do you recognize this voice..?”Zhou Mi asked in calm voice.

Heechul just glanced at him...again turning his gaze on Hankyung.

“Heechul..?”Zhou Mi waited, for Heechul’s reaction..

“It was him...”Heechul whispered..barely audible...still looking at Hankyung..with widen eyes.

“It was Hannie...”He said finally looking at Zhou Mi.

“But it was Hankyung talking wasn’t it..?You saw it  and we are just three of us in this room...”Zhou Mi tried to make his point.

“It was him....Hannie...”Heechul repeated in low voice..

“Why does he sound like Hannie..?”he questioned Zhou Mi.

“May because he IS your Hannie...Heechul  could you make out any image...any picture in your mind when you were listening to him...?” Zhou Mi questioned looking expectantly at Heechul’s confused face.

Heechul shook his head.

“But I recognize this voice...that was my Hannie...I have heard it...when...when...”

“When you were unconscious..?”Zhou Mi completed him.

Hankyung looked at him surprised realizing what Zhou Mi was doing..Zhou Mi just smiled.

“He used to talk to you when you were unconscious..that must be the reason you remember it and even  recognized it even though you don’t remember anything else.....Heechul...just relax a bit..I don’t want to put much pressure on you.....”Zhou Mi said getting up..

“I will be back in a moment...”He said signalling Hankyung to follow him.

“you..you sound like him..are you...are you really him..?”Heechul asked Hankyung in skeptical voice.

Hankyung  smiled..widely...nodding...he was happy...he just wanted to go and hug Heechul...but he couldn’t risk it...but..but..Heechul had recognized his voice...may be he was still confused but at least..at least he would think in that direction now...wow ..that was great...

“That was...That was...Aishhh I don’t know what to say...”He nearly screamed in happiness when he was with Zhou Mi in his cabin.

Zhou Mi smiled.

“Yeah...You did great...when you told me you used to talk to him when he was in coma...I thought about this..the subconscious mind is always awake and that’s why people in coma sometimes can hear whatever going around them...”He said sitting on his chair.

“When I told Heechul to lay down, his subconscious mind started working as he started relaxing..Well...medical theory apart...you hate them anyways right...?”He commented smiling.

Hankyung just smiled. He relaxed a bit, leaning back on chair..after so many days he had felt this happy..even though it was small advancement..but still..it mattered so much to him..

“Well...we have come this far...but he’s still confused and scared..but now he at least has a voice to his Hannie..we just have to coincide that voice with your face...He must have already started thinking about it....but we need to do it slowly and very carefully...one mistake and.....well we don’t have to think about it...because everything will be just alright...right...?”He stated getting up.

“I will go and just talk to him...you wait here yeah..?”He said patting on  Hankyung’s shoulder before leaving.

Hankyung exhaled...he was still bit shaky...all giddy  with excitement...he thought of taking a walk while Zhou Mi’s with Heechul..

He started walking towards the Hospital lawn..humming to himself..but suddenly a face caught his attention...

Siwon was coming towards his direction..He stopped when he saw other..Hankyung sighed as Siwon came in front of him looking directly in his eyes.

“We need to talk...you can’t avoid me forever...”Siwon talked in a determined voice.

Hankyung just stood there..Thinking what to do...trying to avoid the direct gaze....he was confused but he nodded after sometime.

They were sitting in cafe..No one talked...Hankyung was still trying to avoid the direct gaze of Siwon,who was just sitting staring at him...Not saying a word.

“I am sorry...”Hankyung started finally..he had to do it.

“For lashing out on you like that the other day...”He said remembering the scene he had created in the hospital.

“It’s not your fault, Heechul’s this state....I was wrong blaming you...”He talked slowly but firmly.

Siwon kept on staring at him.

Hankyung felt uncomfortable..being watched like that..He suddenly didn’t know what to do next..when he started walking towards cafe,he just wanted to say sorry for his behaviour with Siwon..He knew he had to do it...and he had done so now...

“Well...I must go then...”He said getting up.

“It’s not your fault either....”Siwon’s words stopped him.

He looked at him confused.

“I know you are feeling all guilty because you cheated on him, and now he’s like this...but you don’t have to PRETEND you love him...just to make him happy or something...you deserve your own happiness...a better person which loves you...ME”Siwon stated confidently.

Hankyung narrowed his eyes...what was Siwon saying...

“Look..I am not pretending anything...whatever we had was NOT love, Siwon..yes I was blinded and confused for sometime..but not now... as I have clearly mentioned to you many times now...I love HIM....I got to realize it a hard way..but that’s the truth...”He tried to explain.

“That’s not love you know...you are thinking like that because you blame yourself for his state...but it’s not your fault....” Siwon was persistent with his talks.

“it’s ok to take care of him for sometime because you were his boyfriend ..even I will help you in it...but you need to stop all this..love and all..and about Heechul....you know how he is..he might be doing another drama or something to seek your attention...he had done it before...”

“STOP that...”Hankyung shouted..Angrily..

“What are you blabbering about...did you even listen to me...I said ‘I LOVE HIM’..I know what I am doing...and who are you to talk about how Heechul is...do you even know him...How dare you say this is all his drama...Have you seen him...those lost, confused eyes..that blank face,that..that mind filled with darkness..God and you say you love me...do you even have a heart? Saying all these things ..you have NO right to say that...to say anything about him..look whatever we had ,it’s over....I will say it one more time..listen it carefully and freeze it in your memory and mind...I love him...only him...”Hankyung walked out giving a final look of warning to Siwon.

“No you don’t...You love me...only me...and I WILL make you mine...”Siwon muttered under his breath..his fist tightened.....

Hankyung was on cloud nine when doctors said Heechul could go home..he still had to visit occasionally for his check ups and would have sessions with Zhou Mi..But ...He was going home...with him...their home..

Hankyung had dreamed of it often...them walking together in their home...their small apartment had felt much bigger and lonely when Heechul was at hospital..He never really thought about it as ’home’ when Heechul is not around..He had avoided to stay there for too long..It would scare him..the feeling of emptiness...the apartment was filled with so many memories...scattered everywhere....and now Heechul would walk into it..once again...making it their ‘home’ once again..

The fact that Heechul had agreed to go with him was encouraging..That meant he no longer think of him as a stranger...Right after Zhou Mi’s experiment..Hankyung had seen Heechul looking at him curiously...

“Are you really him...?”He would ask.

“You sound like him...talk to me please..”He would say.

They would sit like that for many hour..Hankyung talking..Blurting out whatever would come to his mind..one of their memories...and Heechul would just listen..looking at other intently..trying to search the face...face of his lost Hannie...

Heechul looked comfortable in their ‘home’.He would walk from one room to another...moving his hands slowly on furniture, walls...even walls have ears don’t they...How he wished he could ask them about his Hannie...Is this person really his Hannie...??

Hankyung was doing everything he could to make Heechul believe it..He would talk to him constantly...have showed Heechul every picture and video he had right from their school. Heechul would stare at them ...moving his slender fingers on them...He would then look at Hankyung....He looked so happy in those pictures and videos...happy with..with..him...Hankyung..his Hannie..?

Sometimes Hankyung looked so familiar to him...those eyes...that smile...like he had been seeing them for years...and that shy, soothing voice that was even more familiar...close to his heart...He would sit looking at Hankyung...trying to catch at least a single pixel of the overall picture...one small memory at least...

They got into routine slowly...though Heechul didn’t remember..He had started to believe in Hankyung...He must be his Hannie....It felt right..and he loved the cat....Heebum was his name Hankyung had told...

Zhou Mi’s session were going on...and Hankyung thought their life was coming on track slowly....Heechul no longer gave him stranger looks...the hollowness in his eyes had started to vanish...even though he couldn’t remember anything...they could make new memories...being with each other....being a ‘us’...He felt so happy and relieved until...until that night...

Heechul had woken up screaming that night. Hankyung  rushed to his side...

“Noo....”Hankyung was surprised when Heechul pushed him away...

“Don’t come near me...Don’t touch me....”He screamed.....

“Heechul...what..what happened...let me....”Hankyung tried to go near him.

“NO...I said don’t come near....You are a liar...you are not him....”

Hankyung froze hearing Heechul’s words...He stood dumb folded, looking at fearful eyes of Heehcul.

“You are not him.....”

Heechul screamed once again....

“You are NOT my Hannie....”

 


 

Gee..Siwon has become one obsessed boyfriend...Hmmm..

Would love to hear your point of view as always :)

I hv been thinking something about this story..I will let you know soon ab it...

Hey are you up for another angsty story of Hanchul..the same trio actually...u shd be coz I am writing one :)

But it's rated...Find it over here....I will try to update it soon...in the meanwhile do comment and subscribe.. :)

Thank You :)