Chapter 12 Part 2

[Hiatus] -J u v e n i l e- (Co-Ed Group)

A/N: Before you read this update read this first. I will NOT kick out any members it's too much hardwork and I'm a lazy person...it's a miracle I update almost every day. :) On to the Update

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recap: The truth finally comes out the secret Jin had been keeping the whole entire time was exposed. Right now the choice was between her career or her life. What will she choose and how will it impact the group as a whole?

A woman came into the hospital frantically lost and hopeless she walked up to the reception desk “My daughter! Where is my daughter?!”

The receptionist gave her a confused look “What is you daughter’s name?”

“Jin Ae! Moon Jin Ae! My daughter’s name is Moon Jin Ae” She fixed the strap of her leather bag, her curly hair falling to the front of her face.

The receptionist quickly typed the name into the computer “She’s in Room 145B”. The woman rushed across the hallway bumping into doctors, nurses and even patients alike. She opened the wide doors revealing the members sitting in the waiting room. They all looked up at her surprised by her quick entrance

“Jin Ae…where…is…Jin Ae?” She asked, taking a deep breath after every word. They knew it was Jin’s mother they resembled one another so closely. They had the same sharp nose and pouty lips.

Kyun being the leader stood up from her comfortable seat next to Hwan and walked up to Mrs. Moon wiping the tears from her eyes “Jin Ae is in the room but the doctor said we-“

She was cut short by Manager Tae Hyun coming out of the door. He was surprised to see Jin’s mother there. He fixed his tie and walked up to her confidently “Hello, Mrs. Moon. Kyun Min please sit down, I will handle it.”

Kyun nodded and sat back in her seat bringing her knees up to her chest. Mrs. Moon glared at the manager silently blaming him for whatever happened to her daughter “Where is Jin Ae, is she okay?”

Tae Hyun looked up to the sky swallowing the lump in his throat, he took a deep breath “She is fine now but I think it’ll be best if you see her yourself.” He tried not to tell what the doctor had said due to Jin’s request of keeping it quiet

 

Flashback

Jin’s heartbeat quickened at the thought of having to leave Juvenile for the time being, but she couldn’t show it. Showing weakness is a sign of giving up and letting the cancer take over her body and there was no way she was going to let that happen. The doctor exited out the door once more the sadden look on his face only brought the emotion of the room downer. She looked at her manager who sat with his head in his hands and hunched over. He had been crying for the past two hours “Manager oppa…” she said softly

He looked up giving her a small smile “Yes Jin Ae?”

“I’m going to beat his. I’ve been living with it for two months. I will not give up because I’m a fighter and when I beat this which I am absolutely sure that I can; I will come back stronger than ever”

Tae Hyun smiled at her braveness “Words spoken from a true champion.” He got up to leave the room

“Wait! Oppa!” Tae Hyun turned back around “Don’t tell anyone else yet. I want to tell them myself.” Tae Hyun nodded and exited out the door

End of Flashback

 

The members perked up at the fact she was okay but was still worried about what was wrong with her. Mrs. Moon nodded walking into room, immediately dropped when she saw her daughter’s current state. She was pale and looked fragile as if one false movement would break her into pieces. Her hair covered the pillow as she looked out the window. Her mother walked up to her sitting in the empty seat. Jin looked up “Umma?”

Mrs. Moon smiled grabbing hold of her daughter’s warm hand “Jin Ae, you don’t even know how worried I was.”

Jin stared at her mother “Why aren’t you were Sunmi, why are you here now?”

Her mother’s smile turned sour “Jin Ae that is not the point right now. What happened tell me, what happened to you?”

Jin ignored her mother refusing to even look her way. The doctor walked in with a clipboard flipping thru the many papers. Mrs. Moon ran up to him “What’s wrong with her! Please tell me.”

The doctor gave her a look of pity and cleared his throat “Your daughter had been diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia otherwise know as ALL for two months. Right now we believe the best treatments for her are either with chemotherapy or radiation therapy to prepare her for a bone marrow transplant….”

The doctor went on and on explaining more about the condition and the treatments but Mrs. Moon’s heart stopped as soon as he said leukemia, it was as if all the breath had been punched out of her. She struggled to stay up “Leukemia?” she repeated

The doctor nodded and went over to Jin Ae to check on her. Mrs. Moon breath quickened as she clenched her hold on her purse, praying this would all be over soon. She turned back and looked at Jin Ae in her eyes giving her a silent goodbye. She couldn’t bear to be with Jin Ae, she might have just had a heart attack. She walked out the door and out the hospital ignoring every human being around her. As soon as she got into the car she broke down and cried.

The members of Juvenile looked at the time and finally walked into the hospital room finally able to see Jin. Ha Ni walked up first “Jinny-bear what’s wrong are you okay?”

Jin nodded and gave Ha Ni a hug; petting the back of her head “Aigoooo~ our cute maknae” she said mimicking Kyun and Jay. She looked into Ha Ni’s big and curious eyes “Ha Ni, I want you to be a good girl and do well at the special stage with Kyun”

“Why aren’t you going to participate?” Daim asked, confused why Jin wouldn’t be ablt to sing in the special stage some weeks from then

Jin knew she would start chemotherapy soon and would cut off ties with group activities for the while being “I can’t.”

“Why?” The group members were confused

“I’ll tell you later. But I’m fine, so please do not worry.”

Ha Ni nodded and they said they’re goodbyes and goodnights. The member got into the van and drove home. Jin looked at the door crying.

 

At The Practice Room

 

As soon as they had gone home Kyun told them they had to practice for the special stage on MBC Music Bank. The boys would be doing a dance routine to ‘Mirotic’ and the girls would be singing and dancing to ‘Marshmallow’. They were wearing comfortable clothes.

Kyun’s hair was in a high ponytail, her red sweatpants clung to her body and the yellow belly shirt showed off her abs. She bent over and tied her shoes. She stood back up facing her group members “First we’ll help the boys practice their dance routine. We have to perfect it in every way possible”

The group members nodded in agreement. Daim put in the CD, his basketball shorts falling down slightly, he pulled them up and pressed the play button and the song started to play. They moved to the rhythm and tempo of the song. The boys looked powerful and could almost match up to TVXQ. Ha Ni and Kyun stopped dancing yet they didn’t notice and continued to dance. Kyun watched her boyfriend copy the moves of TVXQ and the only person that popped in her mind was Changmin, her ultimate ideal type.

The boys practiced for what seemed like hours, the girls had got tired of waiting and went to a private room in the building so they could practice ‘Marshmallow’ their version would be more of an acoustic version compared to the real song. Ha Ni’s sweat shirt was thrown off as soon as they walked in leaving her in her yellow under shirt “It’s so hot in the building.”

“I know right!” Kyun pulled out the lyrics to IU’s song Marshmallow “We will divide the lyrics evenly. You should start first.”

Ha Ni nodded and started she sang with a soft and delicate voice “Mallang mallang mallang mallang hae. Neon teukbyeolhae wanbyeokhae bigyo bunseok haebwado. Dareun aedeulgwaneun dareuj, dalla dalla boy.”

“Nan hansimhae bujokhae neoegeseo tteoreojyeo. Barabogiman haneun baboji” Kyun’s strong and simple contrasted with Ha Ni’s but when they snag together it was in perfect harmony. They sang the song a couple of more times till Kyun got a text from Hwan telling them to meet up with one another.

They grabbed their stuff and met the guys in the hallway; Kyun went immediately to Hwan, who was putting on his sweaty white t-shirt, holding his hand “Baby how was practice?”

“It was great, we got wayyyy better” He whispered huskily in her ear, his arm snaking around her waist pulling her in closer

“That’s good babe.” Kyun blushed and walked with him ahead of the rest of the members.

Jay put his arm around Daim, his long sleeved shirt helping wipe off some sweat from the back of Daim's neck, copying Hwan’s actions “You look sooo fine” He mocked Hwan’s deep voice. Daim and Ha Ni laughed out loudly

“You sound just like him!” Ha Ni yelled, she grabbed her stomach almost dying from laughing so hard

“You look fine too so shii” Daim said in a slightly higher pitched voice making fun of Kyun’s pathetically cute ways around Hwan and her broken English

“Aigoo, oh my gosh I can’t take it anymore just stop” Ha Ni chuckled loudly trying to get away from the two hooligans. They walked into their dorms and fell asleep on the couch, too lazy to go to their bedrooms.