Lonely

The Sight of Destiny

"But his eyes always looks gloomy, and empty. I wondered, it seems like he's daydreaming."

- CHAPTER 2

 

***

 

7 years ago.

 

Donghae's POV

 

"You always come at midnight! With those freaking alcohol smell. You know? I'm tired!"

"What the heck?! That's the past! Why you bringing this out again? I stopped drinking for your sake. It's just you who don't wanna understand me. You don't ever wanna talk with me. You're egoist, you know?!"

"Just looking at your face is already irritating me, how can I talk to you?!"

I grimaced when I heard a noise comes from outside. My fist clenched on the bed sheet. . It doesn't work out. They're freaking noisy. Everyday.

"Yah! See? You---" I cut my dad off when suddenly I opened the door harshly in purpose. And I walked away from them without looking even once at my parents.

"Donghae! Where are you going?" I could hear my dad asked me, but I don't care enough to reply his question.

"Just call me when you two stop arguing" I said and leave them.

***

Everyday. Arguing, screaming, crying, I'm sick of it! Why my parents always cannot understand that Sunday is a day for family. It's just Sunday when they should have spent their time with their only child; me. Just like the other family. But every Sunday like this, I just could hear they screaming at each other. I'm so upset. When will they stop it?

I walked steps by steps slowly, to be honest not quite know where I'm heading to. As I looked down and kicking all the stones which blocks my way. I don't care where I'm heading to. Everywhere but home. I want peace, and don't need to hear my parents arguing. That's the time when I finally passed a park with another noise. But it's a happy noise. I stopped and looked around at the park.

I saw the boys playing soccer happily. Yelling, and sometimes laughing while pointed at one of  their friends who slipped and fall with his stomach. They looked so freaking happy without burden.

"How happy to be a kid..." I murmured as I walked in the park unconsciously.

When I entered the park, I just realized that this is not only filled with a bunch of guys who playing soccer. Two little girls playing barbie, and swing happily. One couple sitting at the side chatting while staring at each other lovely. And then, a boy who sit alone under the big tree.

That big tree caught my attention. It must be so comfortable for being under that tree; looks calm. I walked slowly approach the tree, and before I have a seat, I steal a glance at the boy who staring at the soccer boys with a pair of earphones. I hope he doesn't mind if I sit here, because it's seems so nice.

Like I expected, it's comfortable a lot. The wind not blowing too harsh, but already cool enough to like. I smiled blurry while inhale. Then I remember something, I took out a pack of my heaven from my pocket. Opened it, and soon I see a chocolate waffer in my hand. My heaven!! This is the only thing which can cure every stressed out of my mind. Amazing. If I already opened one pack of this chocolate, I will never could hold to eat more packs. Even just in a minute I could eat five packs. But the strange is; how much I eat this chocolate, I won't ever get fat. I bet the girls are envy with me for that.

Already three packs, I still drowned in my chocolate waffer world. But suddenly for some reason, there is something that making me to turned my head at the side. I looked at the boy who still sitting not really far beside me. I frowned.

"Ah, I remember..." I murmured again. Sorry, my habit. I hope he didn't hear me.

I remember I saw him too a few days ago. With same position, pair of earphones too, that boy just staring at nothing in front of him. Maybe this one he stared at the soccer guys right there. But his eyes always looks gloomy, and empty. I wondered, it seems like he's daydreaming.

Oh, ok. My curiousity started to peek out again. Danger.

When I'm still busy with my mind, suddenly a cute guy with big eyes come towards me and the boy. He smiled at the boy and sit right beside him.

Oh, waiting for his boyfriend.

The big eyes boy nudge him as smiled, and the boy jumped in shock as he took out of his earphones. Yeah, with that I know he's daydreaming all this time.

"It's late evening. You want to stay here all day long? Sleeping here?"

Forgive me. I really really have no intentions to overheard, but he talks loud enough for me to hear. I can't help to hear.

The boy started to chuckled, "Can I? I really love being here. Can we just make a tent here?" He said, caused a big laughter from the older boy. Yeah, he looks older.

"I will build a house for you here next week, is that ok?" The older replied.

I steal glanced at them for a while and I could see that skinny boy laughing inaudible. Showing his pink gums. I don't know why but something causing me to keep attention for them and hear all the conversation as I take a bite at my chocolate. Well, I know it's bad. I just really can't stand knowing anything in this world. I should stop it.

"Let's go home. We'll come here again tomorrow" The older boy said again softly and rubbed his shoulder gently. Causing a nodded from the boy. They both standing up and I'm surprised, pretending not to look. But when they walked away from me, I started raised my head again to see them walked while the older boy wrapped his arm around the other boy. Oh, what a lovely couple.

I started to think and tried to remember what the older boy said earlier. He said they'll come here again tomorrow....

Oh , Donghae. Stop it. None of your business.

***

I stepped in my house as I glanced at my whatch, 7pm. I'm done spending my time in park just laying around, listen to music, eating 'my heaven', until I didn't realized that the sun sinking. Well, I'm lonely to be honest. I have no enough friends to scratch my loneliness because actually I'm even new in this place. About two weeks ago, my father had some work in this place, so we must left our hometown and completely moved in here. I don't mind. Actually, it happens quite often. That's making me used with it. Besides, I like to see something new.

My house sounds so quite anyway. I frowned. Maybe my parents already fall asleep. I stepped in and when I peek in the living room, I can see my parents sitting quitely on the couch. My dad wrapped his arm on my mom's while mom lean on his chest. After then, they kissed. I clicked my tongue as rolled my eyes when I realized that they're back together. Although actually I smiled blurry looking at them like that, because my burden slowly disappear.

"Sorry, you should have said what's wrong with me, so I can change it. Don't be too quite and act like you don't care about me" My dad said after he broke the kiss.

"Stupid. You must already know before I told you" Mom replied.

They're both chuckled, I don't why but they more looked like sweet eventhough they're actually look so stupid; laugh without any reason. Suddenly they're about to kiss again when I finally purposely interrupted them with a coughs.

Loud enough to make them stop and turned at me. Haha!

"Eo? You're coming." Dad said with really calm face like he didn't do anything in front of me. This man...

"Neh. Eomma, Appa, you guys have a room, right? Please don't do 'that' here" I said quickly while holding my chuckled, causing the roses pinkish on mom's cheek. And I passed by quickly get in my room. Pretending not hear when dad yelled at me,

"Yah!! Lee Donghae, you...!"

I laugh evilly behind my door closed and bit my lower lips to makes my laugh inaudible. I slammed my body on my bed after took off my jacket. Staring at the ceilling for a while and soon after that, something passed my mind again; the picture of the boy at park. With his gaze, earphones plugged on his ears, gummy pinky smile when he laughs, but overall; he has a gloomy aura.

Why he seems weird? Mysterious.

And... I like 'mysterious' thing.

Ok. I want to know about him more.