Flashing Back

The Sight of Destiny

"And that's the time when everything suddenly feels like a flashback."

- CHAPTER 1

 

***

 

Eunhyuk walked lazily as watching his footsteps because the sun shines too bright penetrated his eyes. But the weather is not really hot. It's a little bit windy fly his hair away. Makes him more sleepy than he had to. If only he didn't need to go out today, he will be just laying on his bed all day long.

"Eunhyuk-ah, annyeong!"

Eunhyuk raised his head when he just arrived at the minimarket, and found someone greet him cheerfully. It's Henry.

“Eum..” Eunhyuk replied.

Henry frowned his eyebrows to see his behavior. “Ya! Why are you look so weak? Are you sick?"

"Aniya, I'm just sleepy." Said Eunhyuk again with a flat voice emotionless again as he walked passed Henry towards a cashier table and sit.

"Ayy, why are you like that? don't be too lazy. You just worked for two months here but already half-heartedly. Do you want to get fired?" Henry shook Eunhyuk's shoulder who already put his head down on his table with eyes closed.

“Ne.. Ne.. Arasseo. Well, just go home now. You must be so tired." Eunhyuk said pushing Henry slowly. Not because of caring, actually he's just hoping Henry will go home quickly so he could sleep on his table for a while. Henry also knows that.

"No. I'm not tired."

Big lies of Henry. He definitely just want to tease Eunhyuk. Everybody knows that he must be tired too. How could he not? His shift was from 12am until 1pm. How many customer wanna go to minimarket at that hour? He almost dying in bored every night.

"Liar. I can see your saliva on the corner of your mouth. You must be already sleeping like a lazy cat before I got here." Eunhyuk said still with eyes closed.

Henry widened his eyes, "what?! No!" He wiped his mouth to check but found nothing. "What saliva?" He confused innocently.

Eunhyuk sighed and raised his head, "Henry, I'm just kidding." He said while staring in no expression at Henry in front of him.

"Yah!!" It's just need a second before Henry slapped his head slightly. Making him whinced in surprised. "Ah, well whatever. I'll go home now. And you; don't sleep! Or you will regret when you found out this minimarket has empty due to burglar! Okay, take care!"

Eunhyuk doesn't really pay attention when Henry saying goodbye to him and patted his shoulder twice before leaving for real. He's just back putting his head on the table.

Ah.. It must be because I stayed up too late played games until 5am from last night.. I am so sleepy...

Eunhyuk put his head back to the table. The second later, he's already fall asleep.

‘Klining~’

The bell ringing indicates someone opened the door; waking Eunhyuk up from his short sleep. Lucky he wakes up easily. If he's not, this minimarket might be already robered because of his behavior that couldn't take care well of this market.

"Welcome." Eunhyuk greeted his customer while standing up fight back his lazyness. His customer just passed by with a little smiled in response. Then after that he laid back to his seat in annoyance. How irritated. Why must there's someone coming when he's just tried to go to sleep and stay in his dream land. But when he realized, it's not because of customer the reason why he wakes up. But the noise coming out when the person opened the door.

Eunhyuk frowned, Since when it's raining outside? He started wondering how long he had been fall asleep.

Suddenly, three packs of foods slammed slightly on cashier table. Eunhyuk snapped out of his thought, and quickly checks everything as raised his head to tell the customer how much the person should pay.

"Ah, it's raining. Ottohke.." The man in front of him started mumbling.

Oh, this man again. This man had came so often here just to buy the same three packs of chocolate waffer. Almost everyday. The chocolate waffer that Eunhyuk really loves too, because of someone. This man also often to murmuring something in front of him, makes him confused whether he should response or not. Because actually it seems like he's talking with himself. He's like a crazy person.

"This is yours, thank you." Eunhyuk handed the man his plastic bag with those chocolate waffer while faked a smile.

Eunhyuk sit back to his seat again and playing with his phone. Not really care about the situatuon around him. He's just need to stay awake now. Eventhough there's no more customer but this man, Eunhyuk knows it would be danger if his boss knows what he's doing during work.

But a few minutes passed, Eunhyuk started to feel something. He raised his head and caught the man before is still standing in front of him with back facing him. Lean on the cashier table. Eunhyuk frowned, he wants this man to leave. He really hope this man leave soon so he could at least a little bit more relax. But this person still stood there; ruined his hope.

"Raining so hard... Can I stay here for a little while?" he asked while he turned to Eunhyuk a little.

What the heck. What kind of stupid customer that asking for such a thing to cashier. He doesn't needs to. He could stay here for how long he wanted to. Eunhyuk just frowned even more slightly, while all he could saying is just,

"Of course."

That man showed his back again to Eunhyuk. Not long after that, when Eunhyuk drowned to the games on his phone, that man started to speak again. Interrupted him for some reason everytime he heard that man's voice.

“Eo, I trapped by rainy in minimarket. I'll just wait you here, ok."

Oh, of course. He didn't talk to Eunhyuk. He's on the phone. Eunhyuk has not intentionally heard everything, but this man was talking loudly. Maybe, just loud enough to hear. Makes Eunhyuk slapped mentally inside when knows it seems like he will stay here a little bit more.

After that, that man hung up the phone and put it down on his pocket. Once again, Eunhyuk has not intentionally watching him like this but hello, that man standing in front of him. How could Eunhyuk not see? That man started opened one of the pack of chocolate he paid earlier. He eats that chocolate like a maniac. First pack... Second pack... Looks delicious. Like it is the nicest thing he could eat in this whole world.

And that's the time.

When everything suddenly feels like a flashback. Eunhyuk stunned when the scenery in front of him reminds him of the moment a few years ago. The memories flash again, along with the pain that he always tried to avoid and forget. Same. His heart beating like mad when suddenly that man turned his body,

And strangely said,

"Hey anyway... Do you want to try this chocolate? It's very delicious."

 

----------

A/N : New chapter! Short, yes. But i hope you like it! :) -arthie-