Commitment

Blood Affection

 

 


¦ commitment ¦

 

Taeyeon could not comprehend at all on what just happened to her. She was having some kind of a vision on a day light, and since then her headache came and go easily.

 

Taeyeon walked weakly not minding the maid that was bowing to her once she entered the door to her house. She was still rubbing her temple as the pain was now slowly fading away. She threw her body on the couch and just continued rubbing her forehead.

 

“Taeyeonnie are you okay?”

 

Despite how drained she felt, she managed to shift her head to the familiar voice. There stood a beautiful old woman, still looking pretty in spite of wrinkles on her face, holding a cup of hot tea. Taeyeon noticed the smoke coming out of the china.

 

“Hmm, I’m fine grandma. I just had a light headache.”

 

“Do you want some aspirin?”

 

Taeyeon never actually met her grandparents before, well, not that she could remember. And oddly enough her parents never mentioned them when they were still alive. But a few months before the accident, her grandparents, especially her grandma, started contacting her and tried to build some bond. They even visited her in Australia sometimes.

 

The young girl just shook her head. She loved her grandmother very much and she believed she was an angel sent from heaven to take care of her since her parents’ death. Thus, she didn’t want to pester her dear grandma.

 

“I think you need this more than I do,” she settled the china in her hands on the table in front of them. Grandma Kim scooted closer to her granddaughter and started caressing her hair. She then noticed beads of sweat were begging to stroll down Taeyeon’s forehead. “Are you sure you’re okay?”

 

“Yes, grandma. Don’t worry.” Taeyeon managed to give a smile. “Grandma, can I ask you something?”

 

“Anything, dear.”

 

Taeyeon straightened up her back and looked at her grandma full of expectation. She never really thought about this until her encounter with that Leeteuk guy, especially the weird thing that happened to her earlier; the vision and the white flash.

 

“Grandma,” she started, “How come I can’t remember my childhood?”

 

Grandma Kim stopped her hand from caressing her granddaughter’s hair. She tried not to be surprised but she was definitely caught off guard. Taeyeon knew the old woman knew something. She was good in reading people, Taeyeon. However, the old Kim put on her smile and pulled her hand on her lap.

 

“Why do you ask?”

 

Taeyeon stared at her grandma’s eyes, “All I know is that umma, appa and I moved to Australia when I was sixteen, but no one ever told me the reason why we moved… and honestly… I don’t really remember anything from before I entered high school six years ago.”

 

She was waiting for an answer from the old woman in front of her. She couldn’t read her grandma anymore. She was still smiling like her statement was something ordinary.

 

“Sweetie,” Grandma Kim called, “Sometimes, the things that you forget were meant to be forgotten.”

 

Taeyeon was still assimilating on what her grandma just said. But before she could even throw another question, the old Kim had stormed out of the room leaving her with the not so hot tea on the table.

 

She then decided to take the delicate porcelain and took a sip on the liquid inside, only to force herself on swallowing it. She still couldn’t understand why her grandma loves making bitter drinks.

 

 



 

What are you?!

 

Taeng—please let me explain

 

Don’t come near me!

 

Okay, okay I won’t. But please listen to me

 

You killed that man!

 



 

 

She tossed. She turned. Another toss. And another turn.

 

Sweats dampened her tee and her hair glued to her pretty face. Her breathing became more and more uneven. It all seemed so real that she was terrified all the way to her toes. Never in her life was she scared like this. She clutched the blanket that was covering her chest tighter and tighter every second. Tears suddenly swam down her eyes along with a loud whimper.

 

A flash of red suddenly cut through all her visions and a gargantuan pain on her head awakened her. She breathed heavily still clutching her blanket. A couple of sweat drop fell to her hand mixed by some tears. She sniffed a little and started wiping the salty liquid all over her face.

 

Her action stopped upon a realization. The room was almost pitching black, as only the bathroom’s light shined from afar. Somehow she felt another presence of something, or more like someone. She looked through the corner of her eyes; a tall figure, most likely a man, was standing near the window just a few meters away from where she was sitting. Being a brave person she was, she immediately searched for the table lamp’s switch and switched it on.

 

Nothing. No one.

 

The window was wide opened and the curtains were swaying lightly as cold breeze tried to enter the expansive room. Maybe she was still being dragged by her bad dream.

 

She ruffled her hair backwards feeling slightly frustrated and sighed loudly, half relieved that there was no one inside her room. She threw the blanket away from her body and sat properly on the edge of her bed. Mixed feelings were what she experienced; scared, frustrated, confused, exhausted, etc. as she face palmed herself and sniffed again.

 

The brown haired girl decided to just go to the kitchen and grabbed some water to satisfy her dry throat. This was the second night of her bad dream, and this one was some kind of a continuation of the previous nightmare. They all seemed so real, like somehow she actually experienced it. And just like the other night, when she woke up she always felt something was watching her from the darkness. She could’ve just let the lights on but then she wouldn’t be able to sleep properly, that’s why she let the bathroom light on ever since her first nightmare.

 

She swallowed her last lump of cold water and felt the cold sensation refreshing . She put the glass down on the counter and hung her head down as she closed her eyes and sigh again.

 

That feeling was there again. She turned her back and observed the entire kitchen. She swore someone was standing on the door frame. She didn’t actually believe in ghosts that was why she wasn’t scared nor screaming. She just thought that maybe her grandfather was sleepwalking again.

 

The giant clock at the living room was singing its jingle and was echoed in the entire mansion. Taeyeon waited for the song to finish and listened carefully for it to ding. Ding… ding… It stopped. It was only 2 a.m. which meant she needed to go back to her sleep or else she won’t wake up for school the next morning.

 

She walked lazily upstairs to her room and lay down properly on the bed, hugging one of her favorite plushy.

 

How hard it was for her to even close her eyes.

 

 



 

 

Heechul tried so hard to ignore the noise his brother and the youngest man of the group made. He regretted not bringing his music player with him, not that he knew he’d need it. He closed his eyes and covered his ears with his own hands. It failed. Not only Kibum and Kyuhyun was shouting over the stupid game, but their mind was also screaming and cursing that Heechul could not help but to hear.

 

That’s it. He couldn’t take it anymore. He got up from the couch and hurried upstairs towards the bedroom. Leeteuk’s bedroom was painfully white like a mental patient’s ward. Well, at least it was better than a few years ago. Heechul had insisted his friend in adding some color for his furniture. He was glad the bed was no longer white because he actually loved the older’s bed.

 

He closed his eyes as he felt silence that was relaxing him. Heechul loved to relax.

 

“Where have you been?” he hugged the bolster tightly, not even taking a glance at the person standing by the window.

 

The said person didn’t say anything and just walked across the room heading to the bathroom. Heechul didn’t waste a time to continue interrogating for he knew the other wouldn’t answer a bit.

 

A few minutes later the person got out of the bathroom and was heading towards the closet. Heechul tried again, “It’s not good to barge in to someone’s house you know.”

 

“I did not barge in to her house.”

 

“You’re such a bad liar, Teuk-ah.”

 

The blonde guy finished clothing himself and checking his self for the last time in front of the mirror.

 

“Is it working?” Heechul sat up and folded one of his knees with one arm on it trying to support his head.

 

“I guess so.”

 

The slightly younger then got up from the bed and approached the leader from behind. He stood a few inches away with his hands holding his waist, face was slightly pouting and was worrying. “It might hurt her, Teuk. You never know if she wants to remember everything or not.”

 

Leeteuk stopped whatever he was doing and dead froze looking at his friend through the reflection on the mirror. Heechul was right, he never knew if ever she wanted to remember her past or not. It was after all, horrifying. He then remembered when she found out who he was, how scared she was.

 

But he didn’t want to lose her again. Not now that she was back. Not when he was given a second chance like this. Screw the elders. It might be so selfish of him but he just wanted her all for himself. He had suffered for years and he deserved to earn happiness.

 

He was about to say all of those thoughts but was interrupted by a knock on the door. Before the two could even have the chance to respond, the knocker just let himself in. “Heechul hyung have you seen—Oh hyung, there you are.”

 

Heechul went back to lay down on the soft mattress, this time on his stomach, still trying to steal some time to relax.

 

“What is it Sungmin?”

 

“I wanted to ask you something. It’s regarding that Kim girl.” Sungmin stated.

 

Heechul was too lazy to even move his muscle. But he was definitely as surprised as Leeteuk. He just mumbled through the thick bed sheet. “What about her? I told you she is not a vampire-to-be.”

 

“I know hyung,” Sungmin closed the door behind him and walked a few steps closer to his two hyungs. He folded his arms in front of his broad chest. “She has a sketchbook and Sunny happened to look through her drawings the other day. She said she saw a drawing of your face with your real name on the bottom of it hyung.”

 

Leeteuk remained poised. He didn’t want to spill anything, yet. It wasn’t the time. As for Heechul, he was also taken aback by this but again, his willingness to relax was bigger than his dismay. And since none of the two said a word, Sungmin decided to continue.

 

“I find it kind of weird because I know how introvert you are when it comes to girls. You won’t even meet girls other than the 10th generation.”

 

Heechul burst to laughter which was gagged by the mattress under his face. “Hahaha, what a love fool.”

 

“Shut up, princess,” Leeteuk glared sharply at the guy laying on the bad as if the other could see him. And now it was his turn to fold his arms in front of his chest.

 

“Am I missing something?” Sungmin was left dumbfounded by the two oldest.

 

Leeteuk moved closer to his dongsaeng and closed the distance between them so that he could speak in a low volume. “I want to tell you something, but this will never leave this room ever, got that?” Leeteuk grabbed one of Sungmin’s shoulders. The younger just nodded in promise. “I trust you Sungmin-ah.”

 

Leeteuk sat on the edge of his soft bed after he let go of Sungmin’s shoulder. He looked at the curious face of the aegyo man. He hesitated for a bit but he knew he could trust this man. He was after all his closest dongsaeng and they shared almost everything. And the younger would always come to him for anything.

 

“Kim Taeyeon,” he started. He looked at Sungmin’s two eyes and tried to be calm, “She is the girl I was telling you about.”

 

Sungmin didn’t catch the last sentence because Leeteuk was talking like he was almost whispering. But then he managed to catch a few words. Just then he realized what the leader was talking about. “She was that girl?”

 

Leeteuk nodded.

 

“But hyung, if they already erased her memory, how come she still remembers you? You said they made her forget everything about you.”

 

The conversation was clearly disturbing Heechul’s relaxation. That's why he decided to just in the topic. He was more likely wanting to point out to Sungmin that their leader had made a grave mistake. He flipped his body and looked at the standing guy through his stomach. “He’s retrieving her memory.”

 

Sungmin’s mouth immediately hung opened due to his shock. “Hyung! Do you know how dangerous that is?!”

 

“Yah, keep your voice down will you? We don’t want any more creatures to know about this matter.” Leeteuk said with a deep, cool voice, trying to maintain his composure as a leader.

 

“How long have you been doing this to her?”

 

Leeteuk had no choice but to answer. He somehow felt embarrassed and disappointing towards Sungmin. The younger really looked up to him. And now that he had done some selfish, reckless thing, he felt like the shallowest person—creature—on earth.

 

“Since the day she came back.” Heechul took the initative to answer. “It’s been a week.”

 

“And she’s still alive?” Sungmin almost raised his voice again.

 

Leeteuk just stayed silent in respond. But Sungmin obviously knew the answer. “Hyung, what if uncle finds out about this? What if the elders find out that you’re trying to retrieve the memory of a mortal who knows about our existence?” Sungmin’s voice showed more of a worry than concern right now.

 

“Too late for your sermon now Lee Sungmin, you’re a week late. I’m just surprised she survives all this. I still remember what happened to that Lee Hyukjae. Donghae sure did it in just two days. You should teach your brother properly next time.”

 

“Shut up hyung. Kibum is no better than Donghae. Besides, he’s not dead….”

 

“……yet. The doctors don’t even know what’s wrong with him....”

 

“Zip it, you two.” Leeteuk cut before Sungmin could even retaliate. He couldn’t understand when things will go better between those two. “Save your energy for the hunting.”

 

Heechul smirked at the pissed Sungmin and rolled himself to the ground. He then used his rapid pace to get out of the room. To get away from Sungmin more like it.

 

Sungmin concentrated his gaze back to the blonde guy sitting on the bed. He was actually worried for his hyung, he just couldn’t imagine if ever he got caught for his action. Some part of him was actually thankful that he didn’t choose to erase Sunny’s mind. He just couldn’t stand the idea of Sunny not remembering him.

 

“Hyung! Let’s go, I’m hungry!”

 

The voice of the spoiled male magnae broke the silence in the room. “Let’s go,” Leeteuk said before dashing out of the room like Heechul did. Then Sungmin followed not long after that.

 

 

 

to be continued~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n:

hi dear readers ^^

so what do you think of the story so far? lacking something?

i kinda want to make this sort of a mysterious fanfic......kekeke

can you guess somethings already? i'm sure i've put much hints

on the previous chapters.....hihi

thanks for reading! ^^