Homeward

Blood Affection

 


¦ homeward ¦

 

 

Heechul swore to himself he wouldn’t let anybody command him to do something. And that included Leeteuk. But the man knew his way on persuading him. He knew his secrets, he knew his weaknesses. Sometimes he even wished he never met the older.

 

He stepped out of his car and was immediately greeted by the maids. He went straight to Kyuhyun’s room without even knocking. The room was empty, so he just let himself lay down on his brother’s friend’s bed. Wouldn’t be the first time though.

 

He closed his eyes for a bit. He tried to enjoy his leisure time because he knew in just a moment his energy will be drained.

 

“You’re back.”

 

“Should’ve knocked first, don’t you think hyung?”

 

Heechul peeked through one of his eyes and saw Kyuhyun in front of the gigantic window.

 

“You weren’t here anyway.” He then closed his eyes again and brought both his arms to the back of his head, legs were crossed.

 

“How far did you run?”

 

“Went to Busan.”

 

Kyuhyun went to the bathroom and decided to take a quick bath.

 

“Were you hunting?” Heechul raised his voice as he heard the sound of water running from the bathroom.

 

I’m not that stupid to hunt on day light, hyung.

 

“What were you doing then?” Heechul raised his voice a bit louder now.

 

 Just went for some fresh air.

 

“Yah! You have a mouth, use it. Just because I can read your mind doesn’t mean you can give me the silent treatment,” this time he shouted his lungs out feeling slightly pissed.

 

Hearing no response from the younger, he decided to just relax on the king sized bed again.

 

Moments later Kyuhyun went out of the bathroom with white towel covering the lower part of his body. Seeing his hyung laying on his bed, he just made a ‘tsch’ sound and went to his walk-in closet.

 

Hyung.

 

“What.”

 

What will happen if she turned out to be one of us?

 

Silence. Gosh, this hyung of his can be childish sometimes. But after knowing each other for so many years, somehow he managed to get used to this kind of attitude.

 

“Hyung.”

 

“I told you no silent treatment Kyuhyun.”

 

“Whatever.”

 

Kyuhyun walked out of his closet fully dressed in tee and jeans. He went back to the bathroom and did his hair.

 

“What will happen if she turns out to be one of us?”

 

“I don’t know. Somebody must turn her.”

 

Heechul’s level of boredom had reached its peak now. He jumped out of the bed and turned Kyuhyun’s laptop on. “I hate this. Why didn’t Teuk just assign my brother on this?”

 

“You are the first born, hyung. Besides, we don’t want another Hyoyeon case now do we?”

 

Heechul just rolled his eyes remembering how stupid his brother was last time. “Can’t believe Kibum was that stupid.” He started typing some passwords on the laptop. “He told me kids on campus started some rumor about her.”

 

Kyuhyun leaned on the door frame and smirked to himself. “Yeah. They said she disappeared because she knew something about Tiffany’s father’s job.”

 

Heechul spun the chair and face Kyuhyun who was on the verge of laughing. He too couldn’t help but to laugh. “Wha—stupid bunch of kids.”

 

“I know right.”

 

Both of them were laughing softly. They never actually got along with each other. But when it comes to mocking people and laughing over them, they do reach some agreement.

 

Their happy thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. Once the door was opened, a thin, pale, sad looking guy in a uniform appeared.

 

“Sir, your guest has arrived. She is waiting in the living room.”

 

Kyuhyun turned to Heechul, whose face turned into some kind of enthusiasm. Of course Heechul tried his best to maintain his poise, but his heart was beating with eagerness. Despite his whining about how tiring it would be, he was looking forward to meeting the possibly new member of his kind.

 

“Thank you, ahjussi, I’ll be right down.”

 

The maid bowed his head to the lowest and disappeared after the door was closed.

 

Kyuhyun and Heechul finally went downstairs after having a little argument on how the older looked. The diva would never be satisfied on his looks. The younger just couldn’t understand that side of his hyung. Maybe that modeling job finally had an impact on him.

 

In the living room they saw a brown haired girl sitting on the couch tapping her fingers on her lap. Kyuhyun, being the nice householder and the supposedly friend, greeted the guest. But before he could do all that, the girl turned her head and immediately stood up once she acknowledged Kyuhyun’s presence.

 

“Kyuhyun-ssi.” She smiled.

 

“Hi, thank you for coming.”

 

Heechul remained silent. His eyes were tacked on the figure in front of him. His face showed no reaction and no expression.

 

“Ah, this is Kim Heechul, Kibum’s older brother. He’s visiting me.”

 

Taeyeon bowed to the guy and flashed her smile.

 

“Hyung, this is Kim Taeyeon.”

 

“Hi, it’s a pleasure to meet you.”

 

Heechul’s mouth didn’t move an inch. He didn’t mean to be so cold, although he already was, but something in his mind telling him that that girl shouldn’t be in that place. He forced himself to speak out of dryness of his throat and managed to blurt out a rather cold voice. “Kyuhyun-ah, can we talk?” he asked without his eyes leaving the girl.

 

Without any word, Heechul turned his back and went to the kitchen. Kyuhyun excused himself and followed his hyung.

 

“What is it hyung?”

 

“What did you say her name was?”

 

“Kim Taeyeon. Why?”

 

Heechul’s eyes widened to the point Kyuhyun thought they were going to pop. After a moment Heechul finally went back to reality. He rummaged his poor pocket and took out his phone and car key.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“I’m going to Leeteuk’s.”

 

He started pressing some numbers on the phone.

 

“What should I do with her? I thought you were going to identify her?”

 

“Just—don’t do what Kibum did. Hypnotize her or something and send her home.”

 

Kyuhyun then left dumbfounded alone in the kitchen. I can’t believe I’m giving away my age for this girl again.

 

---00---

 

“Teuk-ah, why didn’t you tell me?”

 

“Tell you what?”

 

“That she’s back.”

 

“…...”

 

“Yah!”

 

“I—“

 

“Never mind, I’m coming to your house.”

 

 



 

 

Summer was still a long way, but Hwang Tiffany already had the urge to prepare herself for the hot season. She didn’t care about her best friend’s whining because she knew just how much the other would enjoy it eventually.

 

“Come on, Sica, I think the pink is prettier than the peach.”

 

Jung Jessica just gave a straight face but kept staring at the two tanks in front of her.

 

“No.” she said sternly. “You just love pink that’s why you think it’s prettier.”

 

She actually wanted to give her opinion on this, but no matter what she would say, nothing would change Tiffany’s mind. Not when it’s about pink. And since Jessica was this straight forward type of person, she decided to just end the argument.

 

Jessica was already looking in another section at the boutique while Tiffany was still holding the two tanks earlier. Jessica didn’t mind her at all, this was just typical Tiffany.

 

“Yoona told me you bump into that Kim girl yesterday?”

 

Jessica pulled out a high-waist blue skirt from the hanger and looked for the price tag.

 

“Yes.”

 

“And…?”

 

She put back the skirt and started walking to the jacket section.

 

“I don’t know. Just like Kyuhyun oppa, I couldn’t sense anything.”

 

Jessica didn’t find anything she fancy in particular. So she decided to join Tiffany, who was still observing the two tanks.

 

“Weird,” the black haired girl finally decided the pink tank and put the peach one back onto the hanger, “You have a strong sense. Should we ask Teuk oppa?”

 

Jessica crossed her arms on her chest as Tiffany went to the fitting room. She then followed her after. “Chul oppa is identifying her. He’s already at the Cho’s.”

 

Moments later Tiffany went out of the fitting room still wearing her previous outfit.

 

“Don’t like it?”

 

“Itchy,” she put the tank top back onto the hanger, “Bad quality.”

 

Tiffany’s sense was strong when it comes to fashion. She knew which one is fake and which one is original, which one is don’ts and which one is dos. She then walked to the shoes section and looked around, still with Jessica following her. Jessica was clearly not in the mood, because normally she would be crazier than Tiffany when it comes to shopping.

 

“But there’s something different about her.” Jessica took a seat near the shoe shelf. “I looked at her eyes and somehow I didn’t feel tempted.”

 

“It’s because we are trained—“

 

“No. It is not that,” she crossed her legs, “I can feel it, she’s different.”

 

Tiffany put down the not-so-interesting heels and turned to Jessica. “Maybe she is one of us. We’ll just have to wait for Heechul oppa to finish the recognizing.”

 

Jessica ignored Tiffany’s comment. She couldn’t care less about that thing anymore. So what if that Kim girl turned out to be one of them? As long as she was not a Jung, then she had no concern at all.

 

“You’re thinking about Yunho oppa aren’t you?”

 

Correct. Jessica remembered how chaotic it was for her when she found out that Jung Yunho was one of them. She was 18 at the time and she was the only one who could turn him. Her parents kept pushing her to bite the man. But being the teenager she was, she knew nothing about such thing. She couldn’t even remember the time when she was turned. That was when Heechul came and became a big help for her.

 

“Yah, stop your day dreaming, Sica.”

 

Jessica was smiling. Everybody knew that her smile worth a diamond.

 

Seeing how Jessica beamed, Tiffany knew right away she was thinking about her boyfriend. She felt happy whenever Jessica smiled, because not a lot of people got the privilege to see her true smile. So far only she and Heechul have seen it, mostly Heechul though.

 

“Prince charming is here.”

 

Tiffany glanced at the Jung girl who was looking at the door. She shifted her head and saw a tall muscular figure got out of the car and entered the boutique. Her heart stopped beating for a second and something in her stomach felt excited.

 

The guy smiled at both girls, “Ladies,” showing his deep dimple.

 

Jessica forced a friendly smile. She clapped her hands on her lap and said, “Well, this is my cue to go. Bye Fany,” then she pecked Tiffany’s cheek before leaving the two.

 

Tiffany couldn’t move a muscle. This always happened whenever he was around. She just stared at the retreating back of Jessica and didn’t even realize that the guy had been looking at her.

 

“Are you okay?” he asked.

 

Tiffany smiled her eye-smile and nodded. “What are you doing here, oppa?”

 

“Siwon-ssi. Welcome. Is there anything I can help you with?” A middle-aged woman appeared from behind Tiffany. She recognized her as the shop keeper.

 

“No, thank you. I’m just visiting here. You may go back to your work.”

 

The woman then bowed before turning her back and getting back to her work. Tiffany looked a bit confused and stared at the guy in front of her.

 

“I own this shop, Fany.” He smiled again.

 

Somehow Tiffany wasn't surprised at all. Siwon did own lots of things in Seoul. She wouldn't even be surprised if one day Siwon would come to her and admitted that he owns the Han River.

 

Tiffany chuckled, “Of course you do. How come every place that I visit turns out to be owned by you? Last week was my favorite restaurant, and now my favorite boutique.”

 

Siwon smiled again.

 

“Speaking of which, have you had your lunch?”

 

Tiffany shook her head, still feeling how fast her heart beat.

 

“Let’s go.” He said before leading her to his car outside the boutique. 

 

 



 

 

“Park Leeteuk!”

 

Heechul barged himself to the common room of the Park’s mansion. The maids were kind of used to Heechuls behavior. Their master once personally told them to just let Heechul in whenever he visited the house.

 

“Teuk-ah!”

 

Leeteuk appeared by the stair looking as confused as ever. He wasn’t confused in Heechul’s shouting, he was more confused on his previous conversation on the phone.

 

“What is it?”

 

Heechul’s face was somewhat between pissed, shocked, and confused. He walked harshly to the library which was soon followed by the owner of the house. Leeteuk then closed the huge doors and locked it. He turned to his friend who was meters away from him.

 

“I thought we don’t hide secrets.”

 

Leeteuk knew what Heechul meant. He threw himself on the sofa and crossed his legs. He rubbed his temple out of frustration. “I met her at the coffee shop. I wasn’t sure it was her, but my heart was,” he sighed loudly, “I think she still doesn’t remember me.”

 

Heechul leaned his self on the shelf and put his arms on his waist. This was a major problem, especially for his friend. He just didn’t know what to do. “What now? What if they find out?” Heechul blurted.

 

Leeteuk just shook his head, his face instantly changed into something nigh desperate. He then faced his friend who was looking at him the whole time.

 

“Where did you see her?”

 

“She is the Kim girl. We met at Kyuhyun’s house. She didn’t recognize me either.”

 

Heechul just looked at his friend’s face. The always smiling Park Leeteuk was no longer showing his dimple. He pitied the older. He suffered a lot last time, and something told him that the past would be repeated.

 

Heechul clearly knew how Leeteuk blamed himself for losing that girl. Knowing Leeteuk, Heechul was a hundred percent certain that he wouldn’t do the same mistake. Even though it meant hurting his self.

 

“I won’t lose her again, Chul.”

 

Heechul knew Leeteuk was a wise man, which was why he was the leader the first place. But who knows what love can do to a person? And that does not exclude the oldest.

 

“I trust you know what’s best for you. But please don’t put the others at risk.”

 

“I know. I won’t,” he smiled bitterly to the reality.

 

 

 

to be continued~