The Eyes

Blood Affection

 

¦ the eyes ¦

 

Since Sunny didn’t take any Theatre class, she excused herself just after the bell and left Taeyeon alone in the big campus. Taeyeon felt relax after being fed with some information by Sunny. At least she knew some things that are common in the school.

 

She went inside her class and just picked a random chair to sit. She settled herself and her stuffs on the table. She was about to take out her note book when a chilling deep voice spoke from her side.

 

“Excuse me, I believe you’re on my seat.”

 

Taeyeon looked up to her side and saw the creepy guy (what Sunny said) smiling at her. That cold yet gentle smile made Taeyeon slightly lost her breath to speak. However, it wasn’t long until she stood up and moved to the next seat beside her.

 

Taeyeon unintentionally dropped her bag and her stuffs were scattered all over the place. She was not the type to be dependent but a little help from the guy might be needed. But the fact said otherwise.

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes were nailed on a certain guy who immediately took a seat next to him. Kim Kibum slightly leaned to his back to get a clear sight on a girl bending over, picking her things. He looked at Kyuhyun with meaningful eyes.

 

 

New girl?

                Uh-huh.

You know what to do right.

                I get to do this?

You’re the one sitting next to her.

 

 

Kyuhyun sighed in defeat and turned to the girl next to him. He bent down and started picking some books that she clumsily dropped. He handed her back the book and gave her his cold smile. Surely a shy girl like Taeyeon would freeze at that.

 

“I’ve never seen you before?”

 

“Um—well, I’m new here, so…”

 

“Cho Kyuhyun,” he handed her his hand.

 

Taeyeon blinked once or twice, before finally taking the slender yet muscular hand. “Kim Taeyeon.”

 

Kyuhyun’s smile remained, but something struck his head. “Nice to meet you, Kim Taeyeon.”

 

He turned back to his friend who was scratching something on his notes, but was listening from the beginning. Kibum noticed the stare and finally looked back at him.

 

 

Another Kim?

                Yeah. Do you think….?

You should do it.

                Why me?

You just shook her hand didn’t you?

 

 

Another sigh left Kyuhyun’s mouth.

 

--00--

 

First day wasn’t really tough for Taeyeon. The professors were actually nice, well some of them were killers, but Taeyeon managed to lay low for her first day. And her encounter with Cho Kyuhyun never left her mind.

 

His smile was nice, but his gaze was somehow different. It was unlike anything she ever saw. And his hand was so cold. It was almost summer and she was in heat because of the scarf she was wearing, but Kyuhyun’s hand felt like he just went out of a freezer.

 

Her driver opened the car door for her with a slight bow and she was ready to step in. Suddenly a voice called her name, a voice she heard no too long ago.

 

“Taeyeon-ssi!”

 

He saw a running Kyuhyun was nearing her. His hair was slightly bouncing due to the gravity.

 

“You dropped this,” he said while handing her a pink notebook, “I didn’t mean to open it but I believe this diary belongs to you,” he smiled again.

 

“O—oh, thanks—“ she took the notebook before giving a bow.

 

“Actually I came to ask you about the project that professor Yoo spoke about,” he stared at her.

 

Taeyeon could remember nothing about a project. But his stare, it was so deep, so mesmerizing, making Taeyeon lost control of her brain. She didn’t even know why he was staring at her like that. She looked back at him deeply, his dark brown eyes. She looked again, deeper and deeper, something red was buried insider those brown colors.

 

“Ah, yes, of course.”

 

“This Thursday, at my place? I’ll give you the address later.”

 

“Yeah, sure.”

 

Kyuhyun gave his last smile and went back inside the campus.

 

Taeyeon stayed for a couple seconds, watching Kyuhyun’s back retreating. Only when her driver tapped her shoulder then she came back to reality.

 

She kept thinking about those eyes. There was something different about them. They had a beautiful dark brown color, but somehow Taeyeon sensed a splash of red deep inside them. What was that?

 

 

 

to be continued~