Recollection

Blood Affection

 


¦ recollection ¦

 

Dimmed light, opened window, cold breeze, accompanied by a glass of brandy, Jaesun moved the black queen a few squares away. The king was trapped now, and there was no backing out. He moved the remaining white bishop just for the sake of the continuation of the game. Then he poked the white king with the black queen, the former lost its balance and stepped out of its box.

 

“Checkmate,” he muttered as he sipped his half empty wine.

 

Playing chess alone was actually less fun than having an opponent, but then again, he loved his solitary moments. He loved it when he locked himself in the library and played one of his favorite games. Maybe a rematch with himself would be fun.

 

But unfortunately the fun time was disturbed by a soft knock on the door. Without indicating his grunt of annoyance, he called for his guest to enter. “Come in,” he said in a commanding voice.

 

The wooden door let out a faint squeak as the other party from behind pushed it open. A white haired woman with a pair of glasses holding a rather posh handbag in front of her stomach was revealed. She threw a sincere smile, which was humbly accepted by Jaesun.

 

The woman stepped inside the quite library elegantly before taking a seat at one of the armchairs, and then she crossed her legs with such manner, a smile still surfaced on her wrinkled face. She put her handbag on her side before turning to Jaesun who was strolling his way to the counter.

 

“Drink?” Jaesun offered as he poured another portion to his crystal. He, too, gave a sweet smile towards the sitting woman across the room.

 

The woman, however, shook her head, “No, thank you. I won’t be long.”

 

Jaesun brought his glass to his mouth and took a sip of the bitter alcohol. He then strolled across where he was, to have a better distance with the woman. “So, what brings you here, Soojin-ssi?”

 

“Is your son home?” Soojin asked, not answering the other’s question earlier.

 

Jaesun merely smiled, knowing the woman’s rather distinct attitude. “No, he’s not.” Jaesun sipped his liquor again, “Is there something you want to talk about?”

 

“As a matter of fact there is. And I am pretty much sure that you know what it is about,” Soojin replied with an expressionless face.

 

Jaesun did know what the woman was going to talk to him about. He smiled lightly as he thought about it. Clearly, what he had been predicting was actually coming true. “Apparently he has been doing it for more than a week now.”

 

“I am aware of that,” Soojin reacted, a tone of impatient was in her voice. “My granddaughter has been suffering from it,” she pressed her palms together as she continued, “And now she’s starting to remember bit by bit about her past. Jungsoo’s name was a start.”

 

Jaesun stayed still and didn’t respond at all. The ice in his drink had already melted, though he didn’t care as he took another sip to burn his throat.

 

“I made a deal with the elders and I’d like to keep everything as it is,” Soojin continued. “Your son is a very powerful and skilled vampire. He almost broke the protection I put on my granddaughter.”

 

Jaesun chuckled it amusement. This wasn’t the first time Soojin came to tell him what his son had been doing. But somehow the persistence in keeping her granddaughter away from everything that Soojin showed seemed a bit overrating to him.

 

“Tell me, Soojin-ssi, why are you so worried that your granddaughter will find out about our world? She has been living with you anyway,” Jaesun said with a sneer on his face.

 

Soojin remained poised. She stared back at the scheming face of the man in front of her. And after a few moments of silence, she finally opened , “In case you forgot, they almost killed her last time. I am actually grateful that Leeteuk begged for them not to do it.” She fixed her glasses and grabbed her purse before getting up from the chair.

 

The answer wasn’t all truthful, but it was enough to make Jaesun convinced. And the memories of when his son actually begged him while crying and asking him to tell the elders not to put an end on Taeyeon’s life brought a sly smile on his face.

 

Soojin walked to the doors and stopped after touching the door knob. She then turned to face Jaesun with a serious face. “It would be nice if you tell your son to stay away from Taeyeonnie. I’m sure the elders won’t be too happy if the find out.” She then left the room after.

 

Jaesun sighed before drinking his liquor again. Leeteuk was such a stone head, Jaesun was aware of that. No matter what he does or says to his son, he knew Leeteuk just wouldn’t give Taeyeon up even if it means sacrificing himself. Such an ache to Jaesun’s head.

 



 

The night wasn’t that bright, anytime soon the earth would be showered by the teary sky. Nevertheless, Taeyeon was really convinced that it wouldn’t be raining until a few more hours, and that was what brought her on her feet wondering around the streets. It was still early but the road was already empty.

 

She stopped by a convenience store near by her house and decided to by a bunch of snacks for her. She knew she would be alone tonight; her parents were working late again and she was left alone in the big house.

 

She dragged many kinds of snacks and beverages she thought was tasty into the basket. She was planning on spending the whole night with some movie marathon accompanied by those unhealthy foods. What else could she do? The one person she hoped would be able to be her companion for the night wasn’t answering any of her calls. She should be worried, but she didn’t; it was just one of those guy’s nights and she didn’t need to disturb him.

 

After paying everything and felt a little bit contented with the bags on her hands, she walked out of the store and sighed heavily. Somehow she felt like a monster knowing how heavy the bags on her hands were, she didn’t think she bought that many of food.

 

She walked in silence, mentally enjoying the not so cold night. A few minutes away from the store, she heard some noises. It wasn’t a pleasant noise at all. Although she was merely a sixteen year old, meaning she was an underage, she was not that naïve to recognize what that sound was. And the more steps she took the louder and clearer the noises were.

 

 She cringed hearing them that she stopped her feet. She clearly didn’t want to encounter something so not appropriate for her eyes and ears. And it was as if God heard her thoughts, the noises and sounds stopped. She mentally thanked anything that could’ve stopped it.

 

She continued her journey and sighed in relief that she could finally walk in peace.

 

She walked pass a dark and small alley and suddenly stopped upon witnessing something. Someone was hovering over someone and it seemed like a guy. The guy was kissing the other’s hand and was so engrossed in his action.

 

Taeyeon squirmed in the inside, feeling disgusted by the act before her eyes. She normally wouldn’t mind people’s business but somehow this bothered her. She felt that it was wrong for people making out in a public place like this. Even though it was night time and the lack of the street lights wasn’t helping at all, anybody would’ve passed by and found them by accident. For instance, herself, and it was really disturbing.

 

She didn’t care anymore, so she walked towards the two people making out. She stopped a few inches away and was about to put on her firmest and toughest voice, ready to scold the unashamed people. But what she saw next stopped her from doing anything.

 

Blood was all over the person lying on the ground.

 

She wanted to scream but refused, she wanted to run but her feet froze, the least she could do was to close her eyes but they seemed to be too shocked to even move a muscle. She dropped everything she just bought to the rough ground. And when what she did produced a moderately loud noise, the beast in front of her turned around. Eyes were red shot, lips were full of blood, and there was something uncommon with its teeth.

 

And the next thing Taeyeon felt was all this electric current all over her body. Her eyes weren’t widened but were locked at the person in front of her. Her heart almost stopped beating and her blood felt like stopped coursing. And when the guy stood up, her breathing became uneven.

 

“Taeng—“

 

She couldn’t believe the beast in front of her just called her by the nickname. She didn’t want to believe it. She still couldn’t move, but the reason was different; it wasn’t a beast, it was someone she knew dearly. Her emotions mixed up; confusion, disgust, fears. Then tears started dripping as she took a step backwards slowly. She knew it was her friend’s face, but she didn’t know who he was, who he had became.

 

“J—Jungsoo op...” Taeyeon took another step back as she couldn’t even finish whatever she was trying to say.

 

Jungsoo wiped the blood from his mouth and his eyes. He tried to go near her again and was grateful that Taeyeon didn’t back away.

 

“What are you?!” Taeyeon managed to shriek. Her tears were becoming more unbearable and she kept wanting to believe what she saw was just her imagination. But she knew she wasn’t imagining.

 

“Taeng—please let me explain,” Jungsoo pleaded as he took another step closer.

 

Panic and fear showered Taeyeon as she realized how close Jungsoo was, and he was getting even closer, “Don’t come near me!” she shouted.

 

“Okay, okay I won’t. But please listen to me—“

 

“You killed that man!” She cried.

 

Taeyeon observed Jungsoo’s face, hoping that somehow that familiar figure was still there; the figure that she loved. But it was hard to convince herself and to erase everything she witnessed from her brain. Although Jungsoo’s eyes were no longer red, Taeyeon still found it hard to stare back at them.

 

A moment passed by in a silence. Taeyeon was still crying but she wasn’t scared anymore. And Jungsoo found the guts in him to walk closer again. She eventually let Jungsoo came near her, despite the slight fear that still lingered; she knew the other wouldn’t hurt her.

 

“What are you, oppa?” Taeyeon said between sniffs.

 

Jungsoo tried to arrange the right sentence for him to explain. However, he failed. He didn’t even know if telling her the truth was wise, he knew the consequences and he didn’t want to lose her. He then sighed as his non-beating heart felt a twinge in it.

 

“I’m a monster—“

 

 


 

 

 

“Miss, are you alright?”

 

Taeyeon snapped her eyes open and looked to her side; the door of her car was opened revealing her driver who was slightly shaking her shoulder to wake her up. She sighed in relief and closed her eyes as she laid her head back to the back rest.

 

“Are you alright?”

 

Taeyeon swallowed a gulp that somehow formed at the back of while still shutting her eyes. “Yes, just…just…” She waved her hands to her driver, signaling him to leave.

 

The man in the uniform then gave a last respecting bow before dashing out of Taeyeon’s sight.

 

Just then Taeyeon realized she was sweating on her forehead and neck, but thankfully her clothes weren’t dampened. Her head still hurt like hell and it had been that way since she left Sunny’s apartment. She felt nauseous suddenly but didn’t feel like throwing up. The pit of her stomach was tempestuous and she wasn’t fond of the sensation.

 

Holding back all the aches she was experiencing, she tried to get out of the car and walked faintly towards her bedroom.

 

Surprisingly it didn’t take long before she could crash her limp towards her comfy bed. She buried her face on the pillow and tried to ease her pain. She didn’t know what she did but somehow the pain receded in less than a minute.

 

She lifted her head slightly and supported her forehead with her palm. She inhaled deeply, trying to calm herself and ease her mind. But she felt something unusual in the room. It was the same feeling whenever she woke up from her nightmares. She felt a presence of someone with her in the room.

 

She snapped her head around and immediately jumped out of the bed on her feet. She wasn’t scared or anything, she was just simply surprised. She never expected his appearance, not in her house, let alone her bed room.

 

“Jungsoo oppa,” Taeyeon mumbled. She sounded firm but whoever knew her well would figure out that it was all an act, because her eyes were mixed with various feelings and it showed.

 

Leeteuk smiled his dimple away and stared at Taeyeon’s emotional eyes. The two didn’t say anything to each other, they just looked at each other intently.

 

For Leeteuk, he was utterly happy that Taeyeon finally remembered who he was. No other words could describe what he was feeling. This was what he wanted. He didn’t even care about the hesitation and dubiety in Taeyeon’s eyes. Just knowing that she regained her memory back was enough for now.

 

On the contrary, Taeyeon wasn’t sure what she should say to the guy in front of her. She knew who he was, what he was, though it didn’t scare her away. She knew exactly what happened to her six years ago. Although she knew perfectly it wasn’t what Leeteuk wanted, she just thought it was wise not to get too close to him right now.

 

After what felt like eternity, Leeteuk finally took the courage to walk a few steps forward. But when he saw the other backed away, he halted his step while still looking at her. His facial expression changed in a second. Disappointment was evident on his tanned face.

 

“H—how are you?” Leeteuk muttered, nervous was what he felt. He carefully took one small step forward, small enough for Taeyeon to notice.

 

“You changed a lot,” Taeyeon said rather than answering the question, “I barely recognized you at the coffee shop.” Taeyeon was obviously still oblivious on how many baby steps Leeteuk had taken towards her. Or maybe she just ignored them.

 

“Yes, I dyed my hair,” Leeteuk neared and he was only inches away from her. “How are you?” he repeated his questions as he was already face to face with her.

 

Taeyeon couldn’t answer or say anything in respond. She backed away and Leeteuk kept following her, until suddenly she couldn’t back any further as the cold wall was already blocking her spine. He locked her gaze with Leeteuk’s and felt her heart beat crazily.

 

“How much do you remember, Taeng?” Leeteuk asked again, his hand tried to reach Taeyeon’s at her side.

 

“Everything,” Taeyeon almost whispered.

 

Taeyeon knew where this would lead and she wasn’t ready for that. Learning everything about her past in just mere seconds was already overwhelming for her. She didn’t refuse when she felt her hand being grabbed by Leeteuk’s cold one, but that was all she would allow. She just wasn’t ready.

 

“I remember what you are,” Taeyeon said in a more confident voice. A really confident one.

 

Leeteuk wasn’t surprised that the other would remember what kind of creature he was. She was supposed to. But the look on Taeyeon’s eyes meant something. If he couldn’t find a better way to describe it then he would call it rejection, because Taeyeon slowly pulled her hand away from his grip.

 

He let go of Taeyeon’s hand and he retreated a little. He observed Taeyeon’s face again. And he was right, she was trying to tell him to leave her alone. Well, he didn’t blame her; he could understand perfectly how Taeyeon must’ve felt. And he didn’t want to push her at all.

 

“I miss you, Taeng,” Leeteuk said before closing the distance between them once again and placed a light peck on Taeyeon’s cheek.

 

The next thing she knew she was already alone in her room, slowly but surely starting to burst into tears as she acknowledged what just occured.

 

 

to be continued~

 

 

 

 


a/n:

ah...finally...kkkk ^^

Babynurin well....not going to spoil anything to you :p but of course they can love each other, why not? ^^

Silver_Serpent  aaaw thank you very very very much *bow* but i sure am still lacking in many aspects though :( and thanks so much for your concern, i don't know why my back is hurting but i think it's because i sit too much... -_- yes, i'm like an old lady T__T and i'm glad i can make you no longer a silent reader O^^O. looking forward for your next comments! :D

soneligh09 gracias! Voy a actualizar pronto! (sorry, i kinda google-translated it :P)

imlovingSuGen yesss Sunny is a vampire because Sungmin wanted to be with her ^^ hmmm...people are guessing it's Taeyeon.... but is it really her??? *smirk*