The Dance

Blood Affection

 

this is originally was from the previous chapter, i just decided to split it because i realized it's quite long. so for those who had read this, this isn't a new chapter :)


¦ the dance pt. 2 ¦

 

Sunny went back with two glasses of daiquiri in her hands. She sat down on her previous seat and handed one of the glasses to Taeyeon. The dance floor began to fill as the guests one by one entered and started to dance. The band and orchestra played Seven Years of Love, although the lyrics were quite sad, but the guests seemed to enjoy their slow dance.

 

“I noticed Sungmin oppa requested a song for you,” Taeyeon said as she watched the crowd.

 

“Yeah,” Sunny smiled. “He loves to dance.”

 

“Must be lovely having him as your boyfriend.”

 

Sunny didn’t respond, instead she just smiled while watching the crowd as well.

 

“There’s something I’ve been wondering all night,” Taeyeon muttered before sipping her drink.

 

“What’s that?”

 

“I know most of the guests are our schoolmates, of course, since Tiffany goes to the same university with us,” she glanced at her friend. “I’m curious about the others.” She gave Sunny a meaningful smile.

 

Sunny loved gossips and rumors, and she had always been up to date. Taeyeon knew that. Whenever she felt like looking for some information, Sunny would be the first person she’d go to. Seeing that neither of them enjoyed the night, Taeyeon decided to dig some things out—although Taeyeon was sure in any second Sungmin would come and drag Sunny away for a dance when their songs were played.

 

The blonde haired girl knew what the look Taeyeon gave meant. She laughed and hit her shoulder playfully before eventually spilling. “Well, most of the guests here are graduates from our school. Some are relatives of the Hwang, the Kim, the Lee, the Park—the Great Ten’s relatives.”

 

At the mention of that particular surname, Taeyeon flinched a little. “Are they all vampires? You know, being related to them.”

 

Sunny shook her head while sipping her daiquiri. “Only a few of them. Ones that are related in a direct line with the vampires.” When she looked at Taeyeon, the latter was bemused. “It’s complicated, I know. Let me show you,” Sunny dragged her chair closer to Taeyeon so that she could speak in a lower volume.

 

“You know Jung Yunho right? The tall guy that sat with us,” she pointed at Yunho who was dancing with whom Taeyeon thought was his date, Park Gyuri. “He’s Jessica’s cousin, and he’s a vampire.” Taeyeon nodded.

 

“He’s cute.”

 

Sunny glanced slowly at Taeyeon impassively, and Taeyeon merely laughed at her friend’s reaction.

 

“Anyway,” Sunny continued. She pointed one finger of her hand that was holding her drink towards a muscular yet sweet looking guy, “Kim Youngwoon, Heechul oppa and Kibum oppa’s cousin. A vampire too. Choi Minho,” Taeyeon followed Sunny’s finger to a tall black haired guy, “Siwon oppa and Sooyoung’s cousin.

 

“See that lanky guy? That’s Lee Taemin. Sungmin oppa told me he wasn’t actually a relative. He is an orphan. Sungmin oppa’s mother is a doctor and she found him one day on the street when he was younger and later found out that he was suffering from a rare disease that was hardly treatable.  So she changed him to save his life. The Lees then adopted him.” Sunny gulped her drink. “He’s much younger than Sungmin oppa and Donghae oppa, and he might not look like it but he’s a lot stronger than the both of them, considering his vampire age.”

 

Taeyeon made an ‘ah’ noise and nodded her head. She followed Sunny’s gaze next and found someone she dearly missed. The young girl was really pretty and had grown so much since the last time Taeyeon had seen her—she even almost mistake her for someone else. Sunyeong was wearing a dazzling one shoulder sequined silver dress. She looked so mature in the sparkling fabric that was wrapping her slim figure.

 

“And that’s Luna, Leeteuk oppa’s younger sister. That’s all I know. I can feel that there are a lot more vampires here but I can’t really tell who is who.” It took more than a second for Sunny to notice the change of expression on Taeyeon’s face. She knew about Taeyeon and Leeteuk’s relationship, for Sungmin often talked about it with her because apparently, Leeteuk told Sungmin almost everything about Taeyeon and Taeyeon to Sunny about Leeteuk. “Are you alright?”

 

Taeyeon was awakened from her reverie. She shook her head and shifted her head to the table, “Yeah, it’s just that—it’s been a long time.”

 

“Were you close with her?”

 

“Pretty much, yeah. But I spent much more time with her brother.” Taeyeon slightly shivered at the thought and Sunny noticed it.

 

“We haven’t known each other that long but I pretty much know you quite well right now,” Sunny moved closer to her friend. “And I’m starting to feel that you’re torturing yourself by prohibiting yourself to accept him.”

 

“You don’t understand. I can’t be close to him again like we used to. It’s just—we can’t…”

 

“Sure you can.”

 

“No, Sunny, we can’t. His father will find out and the elders will find out and it will be the end of it… of everything.”

 

Sunny sighed softly and put her hand on Taeyeon’s shoulder. “You know he would do anything to protect you, right?”

 

“It’s not me that I’m worried about. It’s him.”

 

“Can I tell you something? I know maybe I’m not supposed to say this but…” Sunny cleared . “Sungmin oppa told me that he had never seen Leeteuk oppa so happy for the past five years. He said that he was very—contented. The fact that you remember him really brought a delight for him.” She paused for a moment. “But after you met him yesterday, Sungmin oppa said he changed slightly. He seemed—bereft.”

 

Bereft? It wasn’t something that Taeyeon thought Jungsoo would feel. A light twinge made her heart ache, and she didn’t like it. If it really was what Jungsoo felt and she caused it, she wouldn’t want anything more than to make him feel better.

 

“Don’t you want him to be happy?”

 

Of course Taeyeon wanted him to be happy. There was nothing in this world that she wanted more than to see Jungsoo smiled like he used to long time ago. But letting Jungsoo in also meant letting him into something not good. The wrath of the ancestors of the vampires would be inevitable as soon as they acknowledge that Jungsoo had been fraternizing with a mortal; the mortal, the one that they had banished once but came back eventually. It was like Jungsoo was taking the same old wrong path.

 

Sungmin came from behind the two girls as the song changed. “Ladies,” he greeted them in a gentleman way. The two friends glanced to their backs and both smiled back at the smiling Sungmin. Sungmin then offered his hand towards Sunny to take. “May I have this dance?”

 

The band started playing My Cheri Amor, which Taeyeon remembered was the song that Sungmin submitted along with his cheques. Sunny giggled and took Sungmin’s hand in a manner, then she stood up from her chair. Sungmin turned to Taeyeon, “Mind if I borrow your friend for the night?”

 

Taeyeon chuckled. Sungmin truly was a gentleman. “Of course not, you can have her all you want.” She smiled and Sungmin reciprocated. Then the couple went off to the dance floor as the first verse was sang, leaving Taeyeon alone with two glasses of daiquiri on the table. She was alone again and she didn’t know what to do.

 

“Unnie?”

 

Taeyeon turned  to her side and was greeted with a girl in the silver dress. She really had grown up a lot and had turned into such a beautiful lady. Sunyeong crouched herself in order to give a big warm hug to the other.

 

“It is you! I saw you from afar but I wasn’t so sure…” she broke the brief embrace and held Taeyeon’s shoulder at arm’s length. “You look beautiful, unnie,” she smiled.

 

Taeyeon was a little bit speechless, but nevertheless, she found her voice back and started rubbing Sunyeong’s forearm tenderly. “You too,” she smiled back. Sunyeong then led herself to Sunny’s former seat, still holding her shoulder.

 

“I missed you so much, unnie. Did you know that I cried a lot when they said you were moving to Australia?” Sunyeong made a grief face. Sunyeong had no slightest idea of what had occurred six years ago, and as far as she knew, Taeyeon was still clueless about her true identity.

 

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you beforehand, but it really was a last minute decision. My mother had a job offer and my father was re-sited there, so we had to move.”

 

“Oh, how are uncle and auntie?”

 

Taeyeon flinched at the question. It was still fresh and the memory of what happened a little five months ago was still vivid in her head. Nonetheless, she managed to put a smile, although the densest person would figure out the sorrow in it. “They passed away, about five and a half months ago in a car accident.”

 

Sungyeon’s smiling face transformed in an instant into a shocked mixed with sympathy one as she clasped her hand to . Her eyes were almost watery as she witnessed the pain in Taeyeon’s eyes. She could sense it, that Taeyeon was still grieving over the loss of her parents.

 

She didn’t know what to say, so she just mumbled incoherently. “I… wh… how… I’m… really sorry, unnie.” She looked like she was about to cry. “I’m really sorry. If I had known I would have flew to you straightaway.”

 

“It’s alrgith, Sungyeon-ah. I’m fine, really.” Taeyeon grabbed Sungyeon’s other hand and squeezed it in assurance that she really was alright. “Thank you, though, for your impulsive thought of flying straight to Australia,” she smiled appreciatively.

 

Sungyeon chuckled. “Is that why you came back?”

 

“One of the reasons, yes.”

 

“How are you holding up?”

 

“Well,” Taeyeon cleared and started fidgeting with her silver bracelet. “It’s still recent and I miss them a lot. But I’m holding up just fine.” She looked up to meet Sungyeon’s eyes and smiled again.

 

Sungyeon smiled widely before a sigh. “You know, oppa would be so happy to know that you’re back.” She bounced eagerly on her seat.

 

Just then a tall slim yet muscular figure with very familiar blonde locks approached the two ladies chatting informally. “There you are, Luna. Krystal was looking for you, said she had someone to introduce to you.” Leeteuk said nonchalantly as he wrapped his arms across Luna’s shoulder.

 

Luna smiled enthusiastically, “Oppa, it’s Taeyeon unnie. She’s back. Have you met?” she gestured her brother to take a glance at the nervous Taeyeon.

 

Leeteuk turned his head to meet with Taeyeon’s unpromising eyes, then he smiled. “Of course I’ve met her. How can I not know that she was back?”

 

“Yah,” Luna smacked Leeteuk’s abs softly. “You knew she was back and you didn’t tell me?” She scowled at her brother, feeling a bit resentful for being kept in the dark.

 

Leeteuk glanced back to his sister. “Why don’t you go and find Krystal? I need to talk to your unnie for a second.”

 

Taeyeon’s insides churned and she felt agitated in a second. Please don’t leave, please don’t leave. She failed to hide her uneasiness but Luna seemed to be oblivious by it as she stood up and dashed away. Taeyeon was still not ready to be left alone with Leeteuk. Especially after what Sunny had told her; that Leeteuk had been miserable since she told him no to see her again. Now guilty was all over her, although worry was also all over.

 

Leeteuk sat on the vacant seat that Luna had left and propped his elbow on the table. His eyes were gauging Taeyeon’s expression and he could sense the other’s tension. He wanted her to be comfortable around him, but perhaps there were some things that couldn’t change back like they used to.

 

“You told me they changed her name.” Taeyeon stated, remembering the name that Leeteuk had called her sister.

 

“Yes, Luna.”

 

“And yet she seems to be unaware of what happened to me.”

 

Leeteuk grimaced, “My father did everything he could and he would to not draw you back to me. He was well aware that my sister was deeply attached to you.”

 

“What did he tell her?” Taeyeon said, looking impassive.

 

“He was an authoritarian, Taeyeon. Whatever he wants, he gets it. He needn’t any reason for his daughter to agree to change her name.” Audacity was all over Leeteuk’s words.

 

Taeyeon’s palms twitched upon remembering what kind of man Leeteuk’s father was. And it upset her really bad upon realizing that it might not be a wise thing to be close with Sungyeon either, just like with Jungsoo.

 

Leeteuk sighed. And as if he had read Taeyeon’s unspoken fear, he muttered, “You may not want to be friends with me anymore, but please don’t push my sister away. She loves you like a sister and it would devastate her if you decided to stay away from her.”

 

The plea sounded like a beg to Taeyeon. And her heart clenched tight at it.

 

Leeteuk did not want to discuss such topic any more than Taeyeon did. He shifted in is chair and scanned Taeyeon’s appearance. Taeyeon was truly a wonder; no one in that room was worthy a comparison to her. “You look wonderful tonight,” he said with a sincere smile on his face, reserved only for Taeyeon.

 

A faint but noticeable rosy hue was evident on Taeyeon’s cheeks. Although she didn’t notice it, but only when the words came out of Leeteuk’s mouth would make her blush. “Thank you. So do you,” she said shyly, failing to content her smile.

 

“Did you come alone?”

 

“Well, technically Sunny begged me to come so that she would have some companion. But a couple minutes ago she left me with Sungmin-ssi,” she looked away to the dance floor, spotting Sunny in her cream bedazzled tulle dress dancing intimately with Sungmin; My Cheri Amor was still playing.

 

Leeteuk followed her gaze and saw how happy his dongsaeng was. “They are perfect each other.”

 

“Yes they are.” Taeyeon unknowingly smiled.

 

Leeteuk glanced at Taeyeon and saw that smile. A small, sweet, envious smile that made Leeteuk’s chest tightened. As if he wanted to replace it with a happier and more contented one.

 

They both sat in silence as they didn’t know what to say to each other. They were watching the crowd dance, while once or twice Leeteuk would steal a glimpse at the lady beside him and adored her. As for Taeyeon, she wasn’t oblivious at all, and she could feel the butterflies in her stomach never stopped flying.

 

Song after song was played. Sunny and Sungmin were no longer on the dance floor but neither the two of them went back to join Taeyeon and Leeteuk, which obviously was the opposite of what Taeyeon had hoped. As much as she needed something to distract the silence between them, she secretly enjoyed Leeteuk’s presence. By merely sitting there beside her made her feel glad.

 

Leeteuk had ordered two glasses of champagne for the both of them, and sometimes they would exchange very, very small talks. But other than that, it was the bloating silence that was crystal clear. Another song was finished and the two demure people were still silently enjoying their stillness. Until Leeteuk finally glanced over Taeyeon and put his flute down at the table when a new song started to play.

 

He stood up and offered his hand while bending his body forward. “Would you care to dance?”

 

Taeyeon wasn’t sure what to respond. Sure she wanted to dance with him, to be so close to him, but she was nervous as hell. But that smile on Leeteuk’s face undid her, and she gave in. Tentatively placing her slender and small fingers at the center of Leeteuk’s palm, she gave a shy smile of permission.

 

Leeteuk led her to the center of the dance floor and The Way You Look Tonight had begun to play. He grabbed her by the waist as she hesitantly put her hands on his shoulders. It was awkward at first; Taeyeon had never danced before—with a guy, and a slow dance, obviously club was something completely different than a ball.

 

They started swaying and mingled with the others. Taeyeon fixed her eyes at the tip of Leeteuk’s shiny shoes and her peeping heels. She just couldn’t bear to see him in the eyes while they were this close. Much to Taeyeon’s nervousness, Leeteuk stepped a couple inches closer and Taeyeon could smell the masculine scent of him. It made all the butterflies inside her belly aching to get out even more.

 

Since Leeteuk expertly led her through the steps and she couldn’t concentrate on the dance—and their distance—Taeyeon decided to concentrate on the song. She loved the song. She also knew the lyrics very well even though it was in English. And she began to wonder if the song represented their situation tonight. Then it dawned on her.

 

They had been sitting in silence for a couple of songs and did nothing. But when this particular song played, Leeteuk suddenly asked her to join him for a dance. She looked up and found Leeteuk staring at her eyes intently. Although she felt embarrassed and shy all at once and wanted to look away, she simply couldn’t.

 

“Did you request this song?”

 

A proud smile crept up Leeteuk’s handsome face, showing the very clear of a dimple on the left side of his lower cheek. “It’s for you.”

 

Taeyeon flushed unintentionally and was finally be able to break the gaze. Too much for her still nervous heart, Leeteuk closed the distance between them completely and wrapped her waist with his muscular arms. Taeyeon’s hands were awkward so Leeteuk guided them so that they were clutching his shoulders. To make it more comfortable, Taeyeon didn’t know where she found the courage but she placed her chin on his shoulder.

 

She listened to every word the song sang. Even though Leeteuk said that the song was for her, she knew it very well that the song actually represented her feeling as well.

 

The song finished in no time and they spent the whole three and a half minutes merely enjoying each other’s warmth. A few couples had decided to leave the dance floor but some remained for the next song. Taeyeon wondered if they should part, although that wasn’t exactly what she wanted.

 

But much to her pleasure, Leeteuk stayed still in their position, and not even bother to give applause.

 

A Beautiful Mess was played. And from the intro, Taeyeon could feel the song was much, much slower than the previous one. The mood heated and the couples dancing started embracing each other impossibly very close.

 

Amongst one of the couples Taeyeon saw Tiffany was dancing with a tall built guy in a very fine suit. He was really attractive and gave off a foreign feeling. As he smiled sweetly towards Tiffany, the dimples on both his cheeks hollowed and made him irresistible. Based on the look of his face, he looked really happy—in love even, and Taeyeon assumed that must be Choi Siwon.

 

Taeyeon looked past Leeteuk’s shoulder and recognized Lee Donghae and Jung Jessica. She furrowed her eyebrow and was confused. She thought Jessica was supposed to dance with Heechul. And she wondered where Yoona was.

 

They swayed around the dance floor. Leeteuk’s body warmth penetrated through Taeyeon’s dress and was quite overwhelming for her. But she loved it anyway. After a few seconds, Taeyeon was becoming braver and she rounded her arms fully around Leeteuk’s neck, pressing lightly her cheek against Leeteuk’s warm one—the heels made her a couple centimeters higher.

 

“It hurts to know that you’re drifting away when you’ve finally came back,” Leeteuk said in a low almost whisper voice, his lips almost touching Taeyeon’s ear and sent shivers down her spine.

 

“I’m not drifting away,” Taeyeon trailed, trying to compose herself.

 

“You’re drifting the moment you said it wasn’t wise for us to bond again.”

 

Taeyeon flinched at the sorrowful tone in Leeteuk’s voice. She didn’t mean to make him upset, she was just simply worrying about him. “I’m sorry.”

 

“You’re the only thing I care about. I don’t know what I’d be if you push me.”

 

Silence fell and neither of the two spoke. But they didn’t need any word to speak their feelings. The tug of heartstring was still there, and the both of them were aware of it. And neither of them was denying it. They got carried away in the song.

 

Taeyeon missed all the times she had with Leeteuk. The times where she knew she could trust him, the times where she knew Leeteuk would be there for her and lend his shoulder to cry. The time where Leeteuk was the funniest person she knew, the time where they cried and laughed together. And she would give everything she had to go back to that time again.

 

Leeteuk tightened his wrap around Taeyeon’s waist, as Taeyeon did the same around his neck. Leeteuk felt it; Taeyeon was getting closer to him. Although he still wasn’t sure completely, but he didn’t care. He just wanted to hold Taeyeon like this every minute of his life—no pun intended. He had retrieved not only her memory, but her wholly. A smile of contentment slowly formed on his face.

 

Five minutes felt like eternity. Nearing the end of the song, Leeteuk unwillingly pulled away, but only a couple inches. They were still entangled with each other, face to face, noses almost touching. Taeyeon found she couldn’t restrain herself from staring into those beautiful eyes. She had always loved those orbs and she intended to give everything to see them every day. She was no longer nervous about their distance; everything seemed natural for her, right in Leeteuk’s arms felt right. She just wished that Leeteuk felt the same.

 

Leeteuk parted his lips. His non-beating heart was thumping erratically; how he really wanted to kiss those plump lips of Taeyeon’s that were also slightly parted, now that they were this close. But he fought the urge. He just got her back and he didn’t want to take everything too fast.

 

“Please don’t go away,” Leeteuk whispered but loud enough for Taeyeon to hear.

 

The alcohol breath tickled Taeyeon’s face and she didn’t mind at all. She felt like throwing herself into Leeteuk’s embrace, but she ignored it. “I’m not going anywhere.”

 

The song stopped and a round of applause was echoed, then everybody stopped swaying including the two love birds. They stayed in their position. Leeteuk moved closer and planted a chaste but passionate kiss on the corner of Taeyeon’s lips.

 

---00---

 

Heechul had turned into a green eyed monster full of jealousy. Seeing the only girl he loved dancing intolerably close, closer than he would abide. The song was not helping at all. He clenched his fist and jaw as he saw Donghae was somehow enjoying it. He felt like dragging Yoona into the dance floor and took advantage of her in front of him just for the sake of vengeance. But he knew better than being a jerk like him.

 

The most painful thing was that Jessica looked relaxed in his arms.

 

The song finished and Donghae gave a friendly peck on her cheek—although Heechul was convinced it was more than friendly. Then they parted their ways. Heechul finished the last gulp of his wine and jumped off the stool. Only God knew how long he had been sitting there while gawking a particular mahogany brown haired lady in broken white.

 

---00---

 

Jessica was enjoying the night. All the uneasy thoughts had been swept away by the wonderful night. The dance with Donghae was nice. They talked about old times, about the times they used to have and had turned into some unforgettable memories. She knew how much Donghae loved Yoona and she could live with it. A dance would not change a single thing.

 

She made her way to the restroom but then was called by her cousin, Yunho. They talked briefly and Yunho offered her a ride home after the ball but she refused politely, saying that her chauffer was waiting for her the entire night. Then she continued her way to the lady’s room.

 

She was checking her purse for her cosmetics when suddenly she stopped abruptly when a tall figure was hindering her way. Heechul looked awful; his face was flushed and his eyes were enraged. The smell of alcohol was very much patent on him. Jessica wondered how many rounds Heechul had had.

 

“Excuse me,” Jessica said coldly as she tried to round him.

 

However, Heechul grabbed her by the elbow quite harshly. “We need to talk.” And when Jessica tried to yank her arm away, Heechul tightened his grip. “Now.”

 

---00---

 

The foyer was empty as all the guests were inside enjoying the evening. Jessica didn’t know why but she let herself be dragged by Heechul outside the ballroom. Nobody was around and she could hear Heechul’s harsh steps and the loud thump of her heels echoing the foyer’s wall.

 

Heechul halted at the middle of two pillars and cornered Jessica to the wall. He placed one hand beside Jessica’s frightened face.

 

“Why won’t you talk to me?”

 

“We are talking now aren’t we?”

 

Heechul fisted his hand on the wall. Jessica’s cold attitude was not what he needed right now. He needed to actually talk rationally. Although the amount of alcohol he had had was not helping at all.

 

“What were you doing with Donghae?”

 

Jessica rolled her eyes, “Dancing, what else?”

 

“You call that dancing? One would say that was hugging… embracing… cuddling… whatever mortals call when one was being too close to the other.” Heechul retorted, almost raising his voice.

 

“Don’t be ridiculous, oppa.”

 

Heechul snorted. “Me? Being ridiculous? I’m not the one who was being intimate with another guy while her boyfriend was watching in the same room.”

 

“I told you, it was just a dance.” Jessica started losing her patience.

 

“Sure it was more than just a dance for that bastard.”

 

“Mind your tongue, oppa. Donghae oppa is anything but that, and you are not even half of a gentleman that he is.” Jessica tried to move away but Heechul immediately trapped her by putting another hand on the wall, caging her so that she wouldn’t run.

 

“Are you getting back with him?”

 

“What?” Jessica almost shouted in disbelief. “You’re drunk oppa, and you don’t know what you’re talking about.” Jessica tried to push his hand away but failed. Instead Heechul moved closer that the smell of alcohol started suffocating Jessica’s lungs.

 

“Answer me.” Heechul’s voice was low but firm.

 

Heechul was drunk but Jessica could see various emotions in his now crimson eyes. She could see fear, insecurity, misery—but at the same time this kind of Heechul terrified her. She had never seen him like this before so she wasn’t sure how to react.

 

“Why do you care anyway? You didn’t care about me when you were ing that at the bar—“

 

Heechul smashed his lips harshly towards Jessica’s soft ones. He found Jessica’s nape with one of his hands. Jessica tried to push at first and fisted Heechul’s chest with her weak palms. But despite the taste of the wine, Heechul’s lips had always been her weakness.

 

After feeling that Jessica had given up and that she had stopped punching his chest, Heechul started moving his lips. He nibbled Jessica’s lower lip to make an opening, and without any sign of struggle, Heechul entered his tongue inside her cavern. Soon the kiss grew more passionate as Jessica rounded her arms around Heechul’s neck and tangled his locks. Heechul pressed his body towards Jessica’s, pinning her impossibly deeper to the cold wall.

 

Jessica shivered slightly at the direct contact of her with the cold wall. Heechul’s kiss was rough, as if he had released all of his agitation and his longing for her for the past days.

 

 Jessica felt her lungs burnt as she lacked oxygen. She moved away panting while hung open, absorbing all the air she could. But Heechul didn’t stop, it was as if kissing her a full three minutes was not enough, he moved his lips to Jessica’s bare shoulder. He kissed and nibbled it passionately, fighting the urge to stop and breathe. Hands explored all over her; her s, her waist, her backside, and her legs.

 

Finally Jessica was awakened from her daze. She pushed Heechul’s shoulders with all the remaining energy she had left. “Stop, oppa you’re drunk,” she panted.

 

Heechul reluctantly pulled away from Jessica’s skin. He searched her eyes and locked his gaze with them. Jessica noticed the smeared tint of her own red lipstick trailed around the corner of Heechul’s lips. She reached for it and wiped it with her thumb. She then went back to Heechul’s desperate gaze.

 

“I’m sorry—“ Heechul whispered as he brushed his nose with hers. The despaired tone broke Jessica’s heart.

 

“Tell me,” Jessica demanded in an almost whisper. “Why didn’t you tell me that you needed human’s blood?”

 

Heechul shook his head. “No. No. No. I didn’t need it. I don’t need it. I need you—“ he shifted to kiss her again but Jessica pushed his chest firmly this time.

 

“But why did you disappear? Where have you been?”

 

At that Heechul pulled away slightly and hung his head down. He shifted his weight towards his hands that were caging Jessica on the wall. “I—I can’t tell you that…”

 

Jessica’s heart sank. “Why not? Why did you run and not tell me anything, oppa? What’s bothering you?”

 

“I can’t… I lied to Leeteuk but I’m not going to lie to you. I can’t…tell you, Sica.” His fists clenched.

 

“Oppa,” Jessica fought the tears that welled up her eyes. “When you said you loved the first time, we agreed that secret was not a part of us.”

 

“I love you, Sica I really do. I just… I can’t…” Heechul searched for Jessica’s eyes and it broke his heart to see her almost cry. “Please don’t cry.”

 

Jessica shook her head. “I can’t stand it if you don’t trust me.”

 

It was as if Heechul was trying to push her away; he was washing his trust away. The damaged bond and union were proofs of him trying to forget her. She couldn’t stand it, the fact that Heechul was slipping off her fingers hurt her so much.

 

And when Heechul didn’t respond, Jessica ducked her head to free herself out of Heechul and started walking away to the lobby. Heechul called her but she wouldn’t stop. He jogged and grabbed her elbow but she retorted.

 

“Don’t ever call or text me ever again. Don’t even bother showing up my front door… until you find your trust for me back and kick all the bull secrets away.” She cried and pulled her hands away roughly. Then she ran towards her car, where her chauffer had opened the door for him.

 

Heechul didn’t bother to chase after her as the car slowly drifted pass the road.

 

 

 

 

to be continued~