CHAPTER 2: MEETING MY COUSIN BACK

LOVE IS GONE (SEQUEL TO LOVE IS SWEET)

 

            It was recess time at school. Hyeri was sitting at her place while reading book. Minhyuk were there too. There were only both of them in the class. It was silent.

 

*Come on, Minhyuk! Be brave!* he yelled in his head. He wanted to give Hyeri some of his buns but he was too scared.

 

*But what would she thinks of me after this? She’ll be shock* he shook his head. *Here goes nothing…* he was about t get up when…

 

“Hyeri, don’t want to go to the cafeteria?” Chanyeol tapped her shoulder. She smiled at him. “No. I’m not hungry” Minhyuk froze, looking at the front.

 

“You shouldn’t eat only when you’re hungry. Everyone should eat five times a day. Let’s go eat. It’ll my treat” Chanyeol pulled her up. “Okay then” she held his hand. They went to the cafeteria.

 

            Minhyuk sighed.

 

“I should be earlier. Minhyuk, you’re an idiot” his head was on his desk. A set of footsteps came his way. He quickly looked up.

 

“Hi” an unfamiliar girl stood in front of him. Their face was so close. “Who are you?” he backed away.

 

“It’s so impolite of you. You should say hi to me back but it’s okay. I’m a new student from the next class” she was wearing a big nerd glasses. “Anyway, I’m Hyoyeon” she held out her hand and took off her glasses.

 

“I don’t want to know you. Get out of here!” he looked away. “You shouldn’t treat me like this. I’m here just to help you. I know you like that girl” she held his chin.

 

“What are you doing?! I don’t need any help!” he pushed her hand roughly. “I know you’ll regret for doing this to me, kingka” Hyoyeon turned to walk out of the class when suddenly Minhyuk called.

 

“Wait!” *I know you would change your mind* she smirked before looked at him. “What?”

 

“Can you really help me?” “Of course. I know just what to do”

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            School was over. Hyeri got out from the class alone. Chanyeol can’t be seen anywhere. Minhyuk followed her quietly until they were near the school gate. He was about to call her when Chanyeol appeared and slung his arm to her shoulder.

 

“Hyeri, did I keep you waiting?” he asked. “No” she smiled. He smiled back. Chanyeol looked at the back and gave Minhyuk a death glare then looked at her back.

 

            Minhyuk froze. He just looked at the walking out from school.

 

*Did he just glare at me? Did he notice that I like Hyeri? I think he is* *What’s with me? Am I scare with his glare?*

 

“Minhyuk!” Sungjae held his shoulder. Minhyuk startled a bit. “What are you looking at?”

 

            Hyungsik looked at the direction Minhyuk was looking.

 

“No-nothing” Minhyuk tried to hide. “Okay then” BTOB walked out from the school.

 

“Minhyuk, are you okay? You seem a bit down recently” Eunkwang slung his arm to his neck.

 

“I’m okay” “You sure? I’m worried of you. If you have any problem just tell us. We can help” “But if I tell you, you’ll never understand”

 

“I knew you have problem. What do you mean we never understand? We’re friends for years. How can we never understand you?” “It’s a big problem for me. I don’t know if you can help”

 

“I’m sure we can help. Have faith in us” Eunkwang slapped his cheek in the friendly way. He smiled. “I’ll tell you about it later”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“So what did your parent say?” Hyeri asked. She and Chanyeol were at the park, sitting near the lake. He sighed.

 

“They’ll send me to an orphanage at the other town” Her eyes sadden.

 

“So I’ll be here until next week. And then, we can never see each other again” “I’m sure we can meet again. I can always visit you right?” she tried to smile.

 

“Of course” he caressed her hair and kissed her head. *I wish I can stay*

 

“Hyeri. Do you want to know something?” “What is it?” “I love you. You’re always in my heart. I’ll never look at other girls and no other guys can take you away from me” his forehead was in contact with hers.

 

“I love you too” she smiled with her eyes looking sincerely into his.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“It’s getting late. Let me send you home” Chanyeol got up. “Okay” Hyeri picked up her books.

 

            They walked at the path leisurely. He held her left hand. Suddenly, Hyeri accidently got hit by someone from behind. She toppled and winced. All her books fell to the ground.

 

“Are you okay?” Chanyeol helped her to stand. “I’m fine” she brushed dirt off her skirt. “I’m really sorry. Are you okay?” the guy who hit her apologized. “It’s okay. It just a bit” she said. He quickly helped Chanyeol pick up her books.

 

“I should look where I’m going. I’m really really sorry” “It’s okay” she picked up her books.

 

“What’s this?” Chanyeol looked at her books. It was about mental illness. “Nothing. I just curious about these illness so I decided to learn about it a bit” she answered.

 

*That voice-* the guy who hit Hyeri looked at Chanyeol. “You’re Park Chanyeol right?” “Yes I am. How do you know my name?”

 

“I’m Baekhyun. Don’t you remember?” Chanyeol tried hard to remember. “Oh! Baekhyun! It’s been a long time!” he hugged him. “I know” Hyeri was left in puzzled.

 

“Can you explain to me what happen?” she said. Chanyeol let go of him. “This is Baekhyun. My cousin” “Hi”

 

“And this is Hyeri. She’s my girlfriend” Chanyeol introduced her. “Wow! I never knew you have a girlfriend” “Of course you don’t know. We lost contact for years”

 

            The three walked together.

 

“I’ve never see you here before” Baekhyun voiced. “I just moved here last year”

 

“With your foster family?” “Yes” “Are you okay with them?” “I’m okay but they want to send me back to an orphanage in two weeks”

 

“Two weeks? But I just meet you back. Where’s the orphanage?” “In the other town” “That’s mean you’ll have to leave this place. But what about Hyeri?” Chanyeol looked at her. “I can’t do anything. They had things to done and I don’t want to cause them trouble”

 

            They silent for a while.

 

“I know! Why don’t you stay at my place? My family would love to have you back” Baekhyun suggested. “But I don’t want to burden you and your family” “Burden? You’ve got to be kidding me. You are part of my family” “Let me think first” “Okay then. But I hope you could stay with us. You can still see Hyeri if you stay” Chanyeol looked at her.

 

“I’ll tell my mom about you. I’m going home. See you around” Baekhyun waved to them. “And Hyeri, I’m sorry about what happen” he walked home.

 

“So what do you think I should do?” Chanyeol asked Hyeri. “I don’t know. It’s your own decision” “I know you want me to stay right?” She smiled. “I’ll think and ask my parent about it”