CHAPTER 3: MISUNDERSTANDING

LOVE IS GONE (SEQUEL TO LOVE IS SWEET)

 

            The school bell rang last time for the day. Students went out from their classroom. Hyeri packed up her things. She looked at Chanyeol place. He wasn’t there.

 

*What take him so long at the toilet?* she helped to pack his things. “What’s this?” she took out a lipstick from his back. Chanyeol entered the class.

 

“Hyeri” “Chanyeol” she showed the lipstick to him. “What’s this thing doing in my bag?” “You sure you don’t know anything about this?” “Of course. I swear I don’t know how this thing can be in my bag” he raised his hand. She looked into his eyes.

 

“If you say so. Okay then” she voiced and threw the lipstick away. He smiled. “I swear I don’t know what that thing doing in my bag” “I believe you, Chanyeol” she held his face and kissed his lips.

 

            They walked to the school gate.

 

“Oh man! My file. I left it under my desk” Chanyeol said. “I’ll go and take it okay?” “Do you want me to go with you?” “No. It’s okay. Wait for me at the gate okay?” “Okay” He ran to the class as fast as he can.

 

“What took him so long?” Hyeri complained while leaning against the wall of the school gate after a while waiting for Chanyeol. She decided to go to her class.

 

            She skidded to a stop in front of the opened class door. She was shocked and covered with her hand. Tears dropped from her eyes. Chanyeol and Hyoyeon were KISSING!

 

*Chanyeol* she thought. She backed off slowly but her shoes made a sound. Chanyeol pushed Hyoyeon and saw Hyeri.

 

“Hyeri, this isn’t what you thought. She’s the one who’s kissing me” he said. Hyeri ran away. *What am I going to do?* He glared at Hyoyeon. “You’re going to hell!” he warned her before chasing Hyeri. “Hyeri!”

 

            Hyeri sat on a bench in the school garden. She can’t stop from thinking about what she just saw and cried more. Her mind was completely blank. All she can think was that.

 

“Are you okay?” Minhyuk approached and sat beside her. She moved far from him. He held out his handkerchief to her. Hyeri hesitate to take at first but then she took it and wiped her tears.

 

“I can’t believe what Chanyeol did” she said. “I shouldn’t believe him right?” she recalled what Chanyeol told her.

 

‘I’ll never look at other girls and no other guys can take you away from me’

 

            Minhyuk’s hand trembled as he tried to pat her back. Before he could do that, Chanyeol punched him on his face. Minhyuk fell to the ground.

 

“Don’t touch my girlfriend!” Chanyeol shouted. He took Hyeri hand and pulled her away. “Chanyeol, what are you doing?! Let go off me!” “No!” “Let me go, Chanyeol” He pretended not to hear. “I hate you!” she shouted. Chanyeol stopped and let go off her.

 

“How can you kiss that girl?! You said you’ll never look at other girls! But what’s this?! I can’t trust you anymore” “It’s not that! She’s the one who’s kissing me! I did not kiss her!” “Liar! You’re a liar!” Hyeri cried. He held her hand. She pulled her hand back. “I hate you, Chanyeol” she walked away. Chanyeol flopped down on his knee. He cried silently.

 

*I can’t believe she said that. I shouldn’t go there! I hate myself!*

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            It has been two days since Hyeri and Chanyeol met. Chanyeol was absent on that days. Class went like always. Hyeri looked at the empty space beside her.

 

*Did he already move? No! What am I thinking? I shouldn’t think about him* She looked outside and doesn’t pay attention in the class. Minhyuk peeked on her.

 

*I hate seeing her sad. I shouldn’t agree when Hyoyeon plan this* he looked to the front back.

 

            Recess came. Hyeri had her head on her desk.

 

*I think I can’t forget him. Maybe I need to forgive him. I shouldn’t say that I hate him too. Stupid me!* she cried quietly.

 

            Minhyuk tapped on her shoulder. She wiped her tears and looked at him.

 

“Where’s Chanyeol?” “I don’t know” “I think you two need to be together. Chanyeol is battery of you. Without him, you’re like lifeless” He walked out from the class.

 

*That’s weird. I thought he’s going to hit me or something. But he’s right. I do think that Chanyeol is my battery. And my smiles*

 

            The school bell rung. Hyeri startled. Everyone exited the class.

 

*It already time to go home?* she got up, packed her bag and walked out from the classroom.

 

            Minhyuk was in the next class. He was alone with Hyoyeon.

 

“I don’t think they’ll break up that easily” she said. “I’ll think of other plan” “You don’t have to” “And why’s that?” “I want Hyeri to be mine but I can’t look at her feeling down” “What a Romeo. If you keep doing this, you’ll never get her” “I know” “So you have to let me help you” “No. I don’t need your help anymore” he walked out from the class.

 

*Damn it!* her hand curled into fist.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

*I want to find Chanyeol. And I know where exactly I can find him* Hyeri thought. She was standing at the roadside. She was waiting for the traffic light to turn red so she can cross. Out of nowhere, a cute cat ran across the road. Everyone there was shocked but the cat safely across the big road. Everyone let out a sigh of relief.

 

            Seconds later, a little kindergarten girl chased the cat. She ran to the big road. Everyone shocked and gasped including Hyeri. Without a pause, Hyeri ran to the road and grabbed her. They landed on the other side of the road safely. The little girl cried. Hyeri stood and helped her to stand.

 

“Hey, cute girl. Don’t cry” she brushed dirt off the girl’s skirt. The girl stopped her sobs and looked at Hyeri “You such a good girl. Are you okay?” “Yes”

 

“You shouldn’t cross the road like that. Don’t do it again, okay?” She nodded and looked at Hyeri’s school badge. “You go to the same school my brother goes” “Your brother?”

 

“Minhye!” Both of them looked at the direction of the voice. Minhyuk was waving at the little girl. “Minhyuk” Hyeri said. “You know my brother?” Minhye asked her. She waved to him.

 

“Hyeri? What are you doing here?” Minhyuk asked. “Oppa” Minhye hugged him. “This eonni save me. I nearly got hit by car” She looked at Hyeri “Thank you”

 

“Minhye, I told you to wait in front of your kindergarten. It’s lucky Hyeri around or you’ll get hit It’s dangerous” Minhyuk turned to Hyeri. “Thank you for saving her” “It’s okay” There was an awkward silent between them. “Oppa, you know her?” Minhye asked. “She’s my classmate” “Hi, eonni. My name is Minhye” she introduced herself to Hyeri. “Hi I’m Hyeri”

 

“You never tell me that you have a beautiful friend. You never tell me about your school either” Minhye said. Hyeri smiled. “You’re beautiful too” Hyeri lowered her body to see Minhye. “I need to go now. Bye” she waved to them. “Thank you for saving her” Minhyuk smiled. She smiled. His heart beat loud. She walked to the other direction.

 

*Did he just smile at me?* “Minhye, let’s go home” Minhyuk said with smile. He held his sister’s hand. “Okay But can we eat ice cream first?” “Of course”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            Hyeri arrived at the park. She went to the bench she and Chanyeol always sit.

 

*He’s not here. I guess he left already* she sighed and stood beside the lake *I’m such a fool. I shouldn’t have mad at him*

 

            Suddenly, a guy hand warped around her waist. She knew whose hand is that.