CHAPTER 7: SUMMER PARADISE

LOVE IS GONE (SEQUEL TO LOVE IS SWEET)

 

            The day for the camp had arrived. About 40 students were in school to attend the camp. All students waited in the school hall. After teachers gave some briefing about the camp, everyone got on the bus. Chanyeol and Hyeri sat together. She could see BTOB members went to the back of the bus. *They come too?*

 

            They will spend two days and a night at the beach and a day and a night at a hotel. This summer camp is not like the serious camp full of suffers and seriousness. It was more to a leisure and fun summer trip together. At least students don’t waste their summer vacation with sleeps. Hyeri fell asleep as she laid her head on Chanyeol’s shoulder. He smiled.

 

            Three hours later, they almost arrive at the Golden Beach.

 

“Hyeri, wake up” he woke her up. “What?” she got up and rubbed her eyes. She wasn’t the only one that was asleep, most of them were asleep. “Look” he pointed to the view outside the window. A beautiful view of wide sea and beach was before them.

 

“Wow!” she was amazed with what she saw. Other students started to wake up. “It’s been a while since I got to the beach” he said. “Me too”

 

            Students got off the bus. Some of them busy taking pictures. Hyeri was looking at the sea with her hand holding her hat on her head. Warm breeze blew. *She’s just so gorgeous* Chanyeol thought with smile.

 

            They built their tent after the teacher separated them into pairs. Chanyeol was with Minhyuk. They kept glaring at each other while building the tent. Eunkwang poked Sungjae who was in front of him, busy building the tent.

 

“Sungjae” “What?” He nodded to Minhyuk and Chanyeol. “Are they gonna be okay?” Sungjae shrugged and continued to set up their tent. *He’s not helping* Eunkwang shook his head and helped him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Everyone, come here!” Mr. Park shouted. Students gathered in front of him after finished set up their tents. “As you know this camp is like a relaxing trip so you can go to the sea” The students cheered.

 

            Some of them played volley ball and playing sand. Most of them swim in the blue sea. The beach was visited by many people since it was summer vacation. Hyeri was in her swim suit, sat on the beach. She was looking at the sea and smiled alone.

 

“Why didn’t you go swim?” Chanyeol sat beside her. “I don’t want to” “Why?” “I don’t want” “Come on. Let’s go!” he pulled her up. “Chanyeol! I don’t want” “It’s nice” She shook her head but he pulled her into the sea. She held his hand tightly. “I’m scared of sea beast. I want to go up” “What? There’s no such thing as sea beast. You’re cute” he laughed and ruffled her head.

 

“Okay. We just stay here” “Okay” Chanyeol splashed the water to her face. “Yah, Chanyeol!” she did the same. Later, they had fun in the sea.

 

            The day getting dark and everyone got ready for dinner. Some of the boys had collected firewood to make fire. They had a delicious barbeque at the beach. Hyeri was sitting alone in front of the fire, eating.

 

*Where am I going to sit?* Minhyuk spotted Hyeri. He was going to sit beside her but Chanyeol quickly sat, gave a death glare to him. “Here” he held a plate of grilled meat and vegetable to her. “Thank you. Let’s eat it together” she smiled. Both of them started to eat. Hyeri saw someone stood from the corner of her eyes. “Hi, Minhyuk. Come here. Sit with us” she called and patted on an empty space on her right.

 

“Okay. Thanks” he sat beside her. “Hi” “Hi” she smiled. Her smiles melted his cold heart. Chanyeol glared at him but he ignored it. “It’s been a while since I meet Minhye. I miss her” she started the conversation. “Yes. She said she miss you too” Later the two chat until they finished eat.

           

            The students sat on the white sand around the fire after ate. “Now what are we going to do? Anyone have any idea?” Mr. Park asked. “Story telling” one of them raised his hand. “What type of story?” “Ghost story!” everyone shouted. “Okay then. Who want to start first?” Most of them raised their hand and said “Me!” “Okay, okay. Duhwan! You start first since you suggested this” Mr. Park pointed to Duhwan. “Okay” Duhwan started his story. And same goes to others who want. Girls screamed in fear. Haunted house, haunted road, haunted this, and haunted that until everyone ran out of story. Hyeri sat closer to Chanyeol, feeling scared. “Next. Do any of you want to tell anymore story?” Mr. Park asked. They were quiet. “Okay. I have a story. It really happens. I don’t know if it’s a romance story or ghost story”

 

“There was a sweet young couple. Their wedding day was just around the corner when the woman died trying to save the guy from an accident. The guy had been so sad for days and lost hope. He couldn’t forget the woman. One day, he misses her so much that he goes to a beach that they always go together. He sits on the white while looking at the beautiful scenery of sea at night. He cried as he said ‘I miss you’. Suddenly, he feels a cold familiar woman hand holding his hand. A see-through woman sits beside him. She was his girlfriend. She smiled and said ‘maybe I’m not for you. I’m happy that you alive. Please be happy’ She gives a squeeze on his hand and her tears runs down. He said that he can’t let go off her. ‘Please. Look for your destiny. I guess I’m not able to be beside you forever’ the guy just sighs and smiled. ‘I’ll try’ ‘Thank you’ she kisses his lips and looks into his eyes deeply. They smiled at each other and she disappeared. The guy’s life came to normal as always. Without regrets or sadness”

 

            The students’ mouths were wide open in awe.

 

“What a sweet story” one of them said. “This story isn’t scary at all” Mr. Park just nodded. “But somehow I felt the story is real” Hyeri said to Chanyeol. “I think Mr. Park just make the story up” “But it sweet” He hugged her shoulder and nodded. “Maybe the beach that Mr. Park said is this beach” Chanyeol said. “I think so too”

 

“Now what are we going to do?” Mr. Park asked with his hand handing packs of marshmallow to other teachers and students. They burnt the marshmallow and enjoyed it. “Why don’t we sing?” he suggested. “Sing?” they asked back. “Who want to sing first?” he looked at the students. “You, Peniel” he said. Peniel was startled as his name had been called. “Me?” He nodded. Peniel saw someone holding a guitar. “Can I borrow that?” “Sure” the guy lent it to him.

 

            Peniel began to pluck the guitar slowly and started to sing Greyson Chance’s ‘Waiting Outside The Line’.

 

You never enjoy your life

Livin’ inside the box

You’re so afraid of taking chances

How are you going to reach the top?

 

Rules and regulations

Force you to play it safe

Get rid of all the hesitation

It’s time for you to seize the day

 

Instead of just sitting around

And looking down on tomorrow

You gotta get your feet off the ground

The time is now

 

I’m waiting, waiting, just waiting

I’m waiting, waiting outside the lines

Waiting outside the lines

Waiting outside the lines

 

Try to have no regrets

Even if it’s just tonight

How are you gonna walk ahead

If you keep living blind

 

Stuck in the same position

You deserve so much more

There’s a whole new world around us

Just waiting to be explored

 

Instead of just sitting around

And looking down on tomorrow

You gotta get your feet off the ground

The time is now, just let it go

 

I don’t want to have to force you to smile

I’m here to help you notice the rainbow

‘Cause I know what’s in you is out there

 

I’m waiting, waiting, just waiting

I’m waiting, waiting outside the lines

Waiting outside the lines

Waiting outside the lines

 

I’m trying to be patient

Each step is the hardest

I know you can make it

Go ahead and take it

 

I’m waiting, waiting, just waiting

I’m waiting

I’m waiting, waiting, just waiting

I’m waiting, waiting outside the lines

 

Waiting outside the lines

Waiting outside the lines

You never enjoy your life

Livin’ inside the box

You’re so afraid of taking chances

How are you going to reach the top?

 

 

            Girls stared at him in awe without blinking. He had melted girls’ heart with his voice. Everyone clapped as he finished sing. He smiled shyly.

 

“Good! Anyone want to sing anymore?” “Me!” one of them bravely raised his hand. “I want to sing” “Okay. Go on Jung Hwan” “Thank you, sir. And just call me Sandeul” Sandeul patted his best friend beside him. He was wearing a big nerd spectacles and really quiet. “Sing with me” “No. I don’t want to” the nerdy boy answered. “Please” Sandeul plead. “Okay” he sighed before answered. “Yes!” Sandeul whispered the title of what they will sing. “Okay”

 

            They sang B1A4’s ‘Try To Walk’.  Sandeul voice was so into the song. Everyone was surprised when the nerdy boy, Baro sang the rap part. No one expected a nerd guy like him can rap. Baro smirked as he saw everyone surprised with him. He smiled at one of the girls named Lime before looked away. No one saw where he looked. Her face turned red a bit. Sandeul had a really powerful voice although he was the head prefect assistant. Everyone clapped as they finished sang. Once again, Baro smiled at Lime.

 

“Great job! Can anyone sing a happy song?” Mr. Park asked. “I want!” Myungsoo raised his hand. “Okay. Go on” “This is a song that really suits summer. Why don’t we play a game while singing this song?” he suggested and took his guitar back. “Game?” all of them asked. “Yes. You point to next person who you want to sing loudly, okay?” he plucked his guitar and stated to sing Infinite’s ‘In The Summer’.

 

            Everyone clapped to the beat. He sang the first two lines and pointed to another student. That how they sang the song and enjoyed themselves. Then, a guy pointed to Chanyeol. Hyeri looked at him, anticipating him to sing. Without a pause, Chanyeol continued to sing two lines before pointing to Minhyuk.

 

*He point to me?* Minhyuk thought. Hyeri looked at both of them. Minhyuk nodded and sang. The others were surprised that Chanyeol pointed to someone who always bully him. Hyeri was surprised with Minhyuk’s and Chanyeol’s melodic voice. He pointed to Woohyun and he sang. They clapped and cheered after the song ended.

 

“I want to sing!” Rockhyun immediately raised his hand. “Okay. This will be the last one” Mr. Park said. Rockhyun just smiled. “Can I use that for a while?” he asked Myungsoo. “Sure” he lent him his guitar. Rockhyun started to sing ‘Guy Like Me’ by 100%. His melodic voice was sure killed girls heart. Hyeri was smiling with her eyes on Rockhyun. Everyone was mesmerized with his voice including Hyeri. Chanyeol looked at Hyeri who didn’t notice his gaze. *Don’t tell me you like him* he thought and shook his head.

 

            Everyone gave Rockhyun applause as he finished sang.

 

“What a great voice all of you have” Mr. Park clapped. “Okay. That’s the last. It’s bed time” The students moaned. “It’s late already. In fact, we’re going to a special tomorrow” “Special place? Where?” Duhwan asked. “It’s a secret” “Come on, sir. Tell us” “No” “Please sir” other students joined him to plead.

 

“Okay. I’ll tell you. We’re going to stay at other place tomorrow” “Where?” “It stills a secret. We, teachers want to give you a surprise” Students started to moan again. “Go to sleep now” he instructed. The students sighed and obeyed.

 

“Good night Chanyeol” Hyeri waved at Chanyeol before he enters his tent. “Good night” he smiled and went into the tent. She entered her tent and saw Lime inside. They shared tent together.

 

“Hi” Hyeri greeted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I was listening to FT Island-Severely while writing the part where Mr. Park was telling his story. I got the idea of writing the story he told from my friend. I was really grateful to her. She always hears me telling about my stupid dreams and she understands me. Do read her stories after she upload it. Her account name is anonymous. I’m not sure if this is how she spells it. Do you notice I use one of CHAOS member name? Duhwan!! But I like Heejae!! He’s so cute!! >< Please give CHAOS your love! Anyway, I like Greayson Chance song, ‘Waiting Outside The Line’ because it give me courage. Can you imagine Peniel sing that song? And can you imagine Minhyuk and Chanyeol sing to ‘In The Summer’ by Infinite? Did you notice that Chanyeol is easy to be jealous in my story? And Lime is one of HelloVenus member. Something BIG is coming in the next chapter! Wait 4 it!!