CHAPTER 4: DONGSAENG

LOVE IS GONE (SEQUEL TO LOVE IS SWEET)

 

“Chanyeol” she called. “I’m sorry. Please forgive me” he said to her ear. She turned to face him. “I’m sorry for yelling at you. I can’t believe what I said to you”

 

“No. I’m the one who should apologize. I miss you. I can’t live without you” “Me too” she hugged him. “I’m sorry and I love you” He kissed her lips.

 

            They sat at the bench

 

“Why didn’t you come to school these few days?” she asked. “Me and my father had to deal something with the orphanage side” “You mean you still have to leave?” “Yes. I talked to him about staying at Baekhyun place. He said he’ll think about it”

 

“I’m coming to school tomorrow since my father can handle this matter from now. I thought of apologize to you. I came here because I know you’ll be here” he smiled and slung his arm on her neck “I’m really sorry for what I said to you. I don’t know what’s with me that time. I just-““It’s okay. I know how you feel. She kissed me first. I don’t even know her” “Speaking of that. Who’s that girl actually?” “If I not mistaken she is a new student from the next class. I think I saw her somewhere before this” “Where?” “I thought about it yesterday and I just remember that I saw her in a group of guys last weekend night. Everyone backed away as they passed by”

 

“She’s in a gang” “I think so”

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            It already night. Hyeri was in her house, washing dishes. Her house phone rang. She doesn’t own a personal mobile phone. She packed up the ringing phone.

 

“Hello, who is this?” “Hyeri, it’s me. Chanyeol” “Chanyeol, what is it?” “I have good news for you. My father said I can stay at Baekhyun’s house” Hearing to that, she smiled.

 

“That’s good to hear” “Yes. I can still see you. By the way, what are you doing?” “Washing dishes. You?” “I’m talking to you of course” Both of them laughed. At the other line, Hyeri heard Chanyeol name had been called roughly. It was a lady voice. *That must be his mom*

 

“I’m sorry. I had to go now” “Sure. I understand” “Hyeri” “Yes?” “Thank you. Talking with you makes me happy”

 

“Bye” he hung up. She put down the phone. “Poor him. At least staying at his cousin place can make him happy”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            The next day, Chanyeol came to school. Everything was in normal condition. Recess came.

 

“I’m going to cafeteria first” he said to Hyeri. “You want anything?” She shook her head. “Okay” he walked to cafeteria. Hyeri was left alone in the class with Minhyuk.

 

“I never know you had a sister” she started the conversation. Minhyuk turned his head. “I never tell anyone about her” “It’s so lucky of you to have such a nice sister” He smiled and nodded.

 

“Don’t you have any other sibling?” he asked. “No. Why didn’t you tell anybody about Minhye?” “I don’t want people to know that her brother is a crap. I don’t want her to know my real life” “Oh. I understand”

 

*It’s weird that we chat. He changed I guess* Hyeri thought.

 

            Hyeri went home after spending time at school. She was watching television that night when there was a knock on her house door. She opened it. Her aunt, Mrs. Go came.

 

“Aunty comes in” “Hi, Hyeri” she came in. They sat in the living room. “Let me make you some tea” “You don’t have to” “It’s okay. I’ll make it” Hyeri got up and went to kitchen. She went to the living room back with a set of tea.

 

“What bring you here?” Mrs. Go sipped the tea before answer. “I’m sorry. I can’t take care of him anymore” “Why?” “Your uncle will come home tomorrow morning” “Tomorrow morning?” She silent for a while.

 

“Okay then. Thank you for taking care of him for me all this time” “You’re welcome” “Where is him?” “He’s in my car. I’ll go get him” she went to her car. A guy went out from the car. He was about two years younger than Hyeri. He followed Mrs. Go and stood in front of the door. Hyeri was there.

 

“Noona!” Hyunwoo exclaimed excitedly and hugged Hyeri. “Hyunwoo-ah” she caressed his hair and looked at his face. “My brother has all grown up. How are you?” she asked with smiled. “I’m fine. I miss you so much” “I miss you too”

 

“Well, I got to go now” Mrs. Go voiced. “Okay. Thank you for taking care of him” she bowed. Hyunwoo followed her action. “You’re welcome. Here” she held out a brown envelope to her. Hyeri took it. “What’s this?” she looked at what was inside. It was money. “Hope this will come in handy” “I can’t take these” she held it back. “No. Keep this. I just want to help you” “But you’ve give me many of these” “Your parent entrust me to take care of you two. Please take these” Hyeri silent.

 

“See you later. I’m sorry for not able to take care of him” “It’s okay. I can take care of him. Thank you, aunty” “You’re welcome” Mrs. Go went inside her car and waved at them. They waved back and she sped off her car.

 

“Let’s go inside” Hyeri took Hyunwoo to the living room. He held her hand. Hyunwoo had amnesia and depersonalization disorder after got into accident together with their father. Mrs. Go took care of him for Hyeri while Hyeri was in school.

 

“Have you eaten?” “Yes. I ate noodle with aunty” he yawned. “You’re sleepy. Let’s sleep” she held his hand. They entered a room opposite Hyeri’s room. Hyunwoo sat on his bed.

 

“Did you miss your room?” He nodded. Hyeri helped him take off his jacket and hung it behind the door. Hyunwoo lay on his single bed and yawned. Hyeri pulled the blanket over his body.

 

“Sleep well” “You too, noona” Hyeri caressed her hair until he fell asleep. She kissed his head. “It’s good that you’re getting better” she said slowly.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            Hyeri was walking home after school. She entered an ice cream shop and ordered a vanilla ice cream at the counter. She sat at one of the table while enjoying her ice cream. Customers came into the shop.

 

“Hyeri Eonni” someone called her. Hyeri searched for the voice. Minhye waved at her from the counter. Minhyuk was beside her. Hyeri waved back. Minhye went to her and sat beside her. “Hello Eonni” “Hi” “I never see you coming here” “I just know this place. Ice creams here are delicious” “Yes. That’s why we always come here”

 

            Minhyuk came and sat in front of Hyeri. “Minhye, here” he held a cup chocolate ice cream to her. “Yay!” she started to eat it. He smiled and ate his ice cream. Suddenly, Minhye laughed with her finger pointing at his face.

 

“What? Why did you laugh?” he asked. “You wear a lipstick” Hyeri looked at him and laughed. His lips were covered with ice cream. She held a tissue to him and he cleaned his mouth with it. She smiled. They chatted a while before Hyeri left for the park.

 

*Where’s Chanyeol?* she sat on the bench and read a book about retrograde amnesia since that was what Hyunwoo had. “Temporally graded?” she read it aloud. *But it’s been years since the accident. How can’t Hyunwoo heal? But it’s good that he’s healing bit by bit* Suddenly, someone covered her eyes from behind.

 

“Chanyeol” she called. Chanyeol laughed and sat beside her. “So why did you ask me to come here?” “I got something to tell you” “What is it?”

 

“I have a little brother” “You do? Why did I never know?” “You’re the only one that knows this. I never tell anyone about him. His name is Hyunwoo and he has amnesia” “No wonder you always read about amnesia” “He got it after an accident with my father. It’s lucky that he’s alive” Hyeri told him about Mrs. Go and Hyunwoo.

 

“I’m afraid that we can’t meet here after school like always. I got to take care of him” “I understand. He’s lucky to have a caring sister like you” She just smiled.

 

“So when did you move to Baekhyun place?” “Since tomorrow is Saturday, I’ll go tomorrow” “He and his family will be happy to have you back” “I hope I didn’t trouble them. I hate staying at my current home. Kai and his mother always trouble me with house works” “Be strong” she patted his back. He smiled.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

            That night, rain poured down heavily. Lightning and thunders strike. Hyeri was sleeping soundly on her bed when she heard her door room had been knocked a few times. She got up and opened the door. Hyunwoo was standing in front of the door, crying with his hand holding his pillow.

 

“Hyunwoo-ah, what’s wrong?” “I’m- I’m scared” he hugged her. “Don’t cry anymore okay? I’ll sleep with you” she caressed his head. He ran to her bed and went into the blanket as there was a flash of lightning.  She giggled and closed the door. She lay beside him.

 

“Don’t worry. You have me” she hugged him and caressed his hair. Hyeri sang a lullaby song that their mother always sings for them. Slowly, Hyunwoo went into deep slumber. She smiled and closed her eyes.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hi! I'll update later. Thanks for reading!! ^^