CHAPTER 8: ONE SUMMER NIGHT

LOVE IS GONE (SEQUEL TO LOVE IS SWEET)

 

2Yoon-24/7

-------------------------------------------------

 

 

“Hi eonni” Lime replied. “You don’t have to call me eonni” “Of course I have to. You’re older than me” Hyeri smiled. “Let’s sleep before Ms. Yubi knows we aren’t sleep yet” “Yeah. Good night” Lime laid herself in the sleeping bag. And so does Hyeri. She closed her eyes, trying to sleep. She heard a set of footstep walked in front of their tent.

 

*That’s must be Ms. Yubi. I better sleep fast* She could hear Ms. Yubi voice instructed the other girls to sleep.

 

            After she couldn’t hear Ms. Yubi voice nearby, Lime called her.

 

“Eonni’ she whispered. Hyeri turned to face her. “Yes?” “Since you have a boyfriend, how does it feel?” “Why do you ask?” “I was just wondering” “You like Baro do you?” “Well, actually…” “I think he likes you too. I notice the way he looks at you while he was singing” “You saw it? Oh my! Everybody must have see him” “Don’t worry. Nobody see it”

 

“I hope so. I like him. But he’s older than me. I’m afraid his friends will laugh at him” “Lime, love is blind. Love doesn’t care age. Just try to tell him your true feeling” “I’ll tell him I like him. Thank you eonni” Hyeri smiled and Chanyeol face came into her mind.

 

“I wonder why not many people want to be your friend, eonni. You’re not bad’ “I’m okay with it. No one wants to be my friend because BTOB will trash whoever be my friend. They want to make me look like the one who always brings bad luck. Like Chanyeol. They thrashed him when he got into our school because he being friend with me”

 

“Oh. That’s why. I never know what exactly happen to you. People always said that you bring bad luck and everything. I’m curious is that’s true” “I don’t know. I think that’s true” Hyeri smile sadden. “I don’t think that’s true. You’re kind to me. So is that mean I can’t talk to you like this outside” “No” “But BTOB doesn’t seems to disturb you anymore” “I notice that too. I don’t know why. Well, let they do what they want”

 

“I wonder where would teacher take us tomorrow” “I’ve been thinking about that too. Maybe to a jungle” “Jungle?” Lime sighed. “Who knows? Teacher are always unexpected” “But I don’t want to. Good night eonni” “Good night” Both of them closed their eyes and sleep.

 

            Eunkwang poked Sungjae face who was lying beside him.

 

“Do you think that Minhyuk will be okay?” he asked. “I don’t know. Go see for yourself. Don’t disturb me. I want to sleep” Sungjae said with his eyes closed. “He’s not even helping” Eunkwang sighed and laid himself, looking up. *I hope they didn’t fight*

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            The next day, the students had packed their things. Their bus had arrived.

 

“Students, gather here” Mr. Lee called all of them loudly. Students gathered in front of him in lines. The tents had been packed.

 

“Where are we really going?” Rokhyun who was in front line asked. “It’s a secret. Mr. Park said we can’t tell you” “Okay then. I‘m just curious”

 

            Teachers and students aboard the bus. Hyeri took a seat beside the window and waited for Chanyeol.

 

“Hi” he sat beside her. “Hi” she smiled. “Did you sleep well?” She nodded. “You? You didn’t fight with Minhyuk right?” she looked beside Chanyeol. Minhyuk sat at the other side of them. He smiled a bit to her and she smiled back.

 

“No. Nothing happen. We just fine. Don’t worry” he said with smiled to ensure her. “Okay then” Actually...

 

-Last night-

 

            Chanyeol got into his sleeping bag. He tried to sleep. Minhyuk was already beside him, in his sleeping bag. Minhyuk was facing the other way.

 

“I think she likes me” he said. “Don’t make a damn joke. She’s my girlfriend” Chanyeol answered while facing the other side. “I’ll keep try to get her” “Trust me. You’ll never get Hyeri. She’s mine forever. Just give up” “No I wont” They silent for a while.

 

“But don’t you think that Hyeri like that Rockhyun guy?” Minhyuk suddenly ask. “I think that too. Looks like I have more rivals than I thought” Chanyeol replied.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“I wonder where we are going.” Hyeri said. “I don’t know. Maybe somewhere special”

 

“Oh. I just remember” Hyeri took out two lollipops from her bag pack. “I bought it so that we can eat it on our way to the beach but I slept. Here” she gave one of those to him. “Thank you” he smiled. Both of them it. He smiled and held her hand. Hyeri smiled back. Minhyuk just glared at their hands.

 

            The two just relax with lollipops in their mouth. Chanyeol finished his lollipop and rested his head on her shoulder.

 

“Can I sleep for a while?” he asked. “Sure” Hyeri took out her lollipop before answer. He smiled and fell asleep on her shoulder. *I love you, Chanyeol* she thought and finished her lollipop. She laid her head on his. Not long after that, she fell into slumber. Most of the students and teachers in the bus slept in tiredness.

 

            About an hour later, Hyeri got up. They still not arrive yet. She can’t hear any voice. *Everyone is asleep* she looked around her and saw Minhyuk reading a book.

 

“Hi Minhyuk” she called with slow voice, not wanting to wake others up. “Hi” he smiled and closed his book. “I’m sorry for Chanyeol’s rudeness last night” *Last night?* he thought and just remembered that Chanyeol glared at him. “You saw it?” She nodded. “I know he’s jealous. He got angry with you when he knows that you kiss me. I didn’t want to tell him but he’s a bit forceful” “Oh. It’s okay. He doesn’t hurt me at all”

 

“I just remembered. What are you going to say to me the other day?” “Oh. I was just wondering” Minhyuk was about to continue his sentence when Hyeri voiced.

 

“Wow!” she was in awe while looking outside. Minhyuk looked at what she was looking. Their bus was entering a parking lot of a three stars hotel. “We’re going to stay here?” he said. “It looks like that. But this hotel is expensive right?” Minhyuk looked at the name of the hotel from a window beside him. “Moonbeam hotel? It’s sure is an expensive hotel” he said. “Maybe teacher just want to treat us” “I think so” He sat back, sighed and she kept looking outside. *When will I get to tell her I want her to be mine?*

 

“Chanyeol” Hyeri called softly. “We’re here” she shook his shoulder. He blinked his eyes few times. “What is it?” he asked half asleep. “We’re here” “Really?” he looked outside. “We’re going to stay here?” “Maybe”

 

            Mr. Lee woke up from sleep and woke others up. “We’re here everyone” he said. “Looks like we really stay here” she said. Students and teachers got off the bus and went to the lobby. After Mr. Go checked in the hotel, he handed the room keys to every group. A group consists of four members.

 

“I want to be in your group again, eonni” Lime approached Hyeri. “Sure you can” she smiled. “Thank you”

 

“Teacher, why did we stay here?” Duhwan asked. “Why? Don’t you like this place?” “It’s not that. I just wonder why you take us to an expensive hotel” “Your principal want to hold a summer night prom. He wants it to be grander prom than last year. You’re lucky to be part of the prom. Others don’t get to. Don’t tell this to anyone else” He nodded.

 

            Two unknown girls approached Lime.

 

“Can we join your group?” one of them asked. Lime looked at Hyeri and she nodded. “Sure” “Thanks. Anyway, I’m Soongyu but you can call me Sunny” she introduced herself. “I’m Sooyoung. We’re in the same class as you” another girl said. “You are. Both of you sit in the front row. This is Lime, our junior” Hyeri introduced Lime to them. “Hi”

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

            The four of them entered their room. They were surprised. There was a living room with LCD TV and a cozy couch. They climbed up a stairs to get to the second level of the room. Two beds were there and another two beds were under the second level.

 

“This place is awesome” Lime was in awe. “How can teacher pay for us to stay here? This place is expensive” Sooyoung sat on the couch. Hyeri shrugged. “Mr. Park said we need to gather at the lobby by 2 p.m.” Sunny sat beside her. “Which bed do you want to use?” Hyeri asked them. “I want the one downstairs” “Me too” “Okay. That’s mean I’ going to stay with Lime upstairs. Are you okay with it, Lime?” “Sure” “I’m going to put my bags upstairs” Hyeri left and went to the stairs. “Me too” Lime followed her.

 

            Hyeri lay on her bed as soon as she put her bags down. “I’m sleepy” she sighed. “Why don’t you want to stay with your friends?” Lime unpacked her bags. “It just awkward. We aren’t that close and we never talk. You know. No one wants to come near me” she sat up. “I wonder what we are doing here. Why are the teachers took us here?” “I don’t know. Maybe Mr. Park will tell us about that in the lobby later” Lime shrugged.

 

            Lime and Hyeri went down to the lobby while busy chatting. They went out from the lift. Lime checked on her phone.

 

“I wonder why my brother called me” there was a missed call on her smart phone. “Oh! I just remember. Can I have your number eonni?” she asked. Hyeri looked at her. “I don’t have a personal phone” she sat on a couch there. Some of the students were already there. “You don’t have one?” Lime sat beside her. Hyeri shook her head as an answer. “I’m not rich like others. My money just enough to buy needs. I’m not like other people” “What do you mean?” “I don’t have parents anymore. My aunt always helps taking care of me” Lime silent and kept her phone back. “I’m sorry for you. I don’t know. Sorry eonni” “It’s okay. I’ll give you my home phone number later”

 

            It was 5 minutes past 2 and more students were there.

 

“Where’s the teacher? It already past 2” Lime complained while looking at her watch. “Maybe he has something important to do first. Not all students were here yet” Hyeri said. A couch beside Lime was empty. She was reading a magazine there. She saw someone sat on the couch next to her from the corner of her eyes. Lime looked at who sat beside her and her eyes widened. It was Baro who busy chatting and laughing with his friends. She looked at Hyeri. “What is it?” Hyeri looked at her and saw a familiar person beside her. Hey eyes widened in surprised because it was Baro. Lime face turned red.

 

            Mr. Park arrived with other male teachers at the lobby.

 

“Is everyone here?” Mr. Park asked. Students nodded. “Okay. Now we’re going to split up into two groups. Boys follow us and girls follow Ms. Yubi and other female teachers” “Girls, line up here!” Ms. Yubi called. Girls gathered and queued in front of her. Ms. Yubi leaded them to the other part of the hotel. All of them were in puzzlement. They stopped in front of a boutique of the hotel.

 

“What are we doing here?” one of them asked. “Actually we going to have a summer night prom here in Moonbeam hotel” Mrs. Cho announced. “Prom?”  they were in surprised and started to whisper. “I want you to choose a dress that you’ll wear tonight. Don’t worry about the price okay?” “Okay!” the girls started to search for their best dress.

 

 

“I’ll help you pick your dress first” Hyeri told Lime. “Really? Thank you eonni” Hyeri chose some dress for Lime to try on. Every time Lime got out from the fitting room, Hyeri shook her head or shrugged. Lastly, Hyeri nodded when Lime wore a pink and white short dress. “It suits you” she lifted her thumb up and nodded. Lime looked at herself in the mirror. “I think I’ll take this” she smiled. “Now, let’s find a dress for you” “Okay but get change first” “Okay” Lime went into the fitting room back. Hyeri walked around the giant boutique to search for the dress.

 

“What colour do you want to wear eonni?” Lime stood beside Hyeri after she got change. “Blue or pink. Or maybe purple. I’m not sure myself” “It’s fine. I can help”

 

            Hyeri chose some dresses and tried it on.

 

“No” Hyeri shook her head while looking at herself in the mirror. Lime shook her head too. After several dresses had been tried, Hyeri gave up. “I give up” she sat on a little sofa there with her hand propped on her knees. “Already? But there are thousands of dresses here. Beside, the prom is tonight” “It’s okay. I can skip the prom” “No you can’t. Let’s go eonni” Lime pulled her up and Hyeri followed.

 

“Excuse me” Lime asked one of the staff there. “Yes?” “Can you suggest me some dresses?” “Sure. This way please” They followed the staff to another section of the boutique. “This dresses are new designs from Japan and Korea” the staff explained. “Oh. Okay. Thank you” Lime bowed and the staff walked away. Lime chose some dresses and gave it to Hyeri. “Try it. You can’t skip the prom. Your boyfriend will be there to see you” “Okay. If I don’t find a good one, I’ll not go. Deal?” “Deal” she nodded. Hyeri went into the fitting room and tried the dresses. Like just now, all dresses was a no for her.

 

            She sat back. “Give up already?” Lime sat beside her. “I’m tired” “Relax. There are thousand of dresses to try” she pointed to the whole boutique. Hyeri was looking around the boutique when she saw a beautiful one shoulder blue and white lone dress. She walked to the dress and check on it. “This dress is nice” Lime voiced beside her. “It is” “Why don’t you try it on eonni?” Hyeri took and tried it.

 

            She went out from the fitting room.

 

“Wow! You look beautiful eonni” Hyeri looked at the mirror then turned to Lime. “Look” the white long skirt of the dress can be taken off. Now, she was wearing a blue short dress. “Wow! Cool” Lime was in awe. “I like this dress. It’s unique” “Yeah. Two in one” Both of them laughed. “I’m going to take this” Hyeri said. “Yay! At last you found your dress. That’s mean you’re going to attend the party” Hyeri smiled. “And why are you so happy that I’ll go?” “Because I want to confess to Baro and I want you to help me” “Go confess to him yourself” “But I’m afraid. I want you to give courage to me eonni” “Okay”

 

            All of them went back to their room. All of them free to do anything before the prom. “Did teacher paid for our dress?” Lime asked. Hyeri shrugged.

 

            It was 15 minutes before the party started.

 

“Hurry eonni” Lime was waiting for Hyeri downstairs. “Nae. Just a sec” Hyeri wore a butterfly shaped hair clip on her hair.  “I’m done. Let’s go” she called Lime. “Do I look okay?” Lime asked. She was wearing her pink white short dress. “You’re gorgeous. Don’t worry” “I’m not worry” “You are” Hyeri laughed. They wore their high heels shoes and locked the door. Sunny and Sooyoung had gone earlier. They took a lift to the ground floor where the Moonbeam pool was.

 

“Eonni, I’m scared” “Me too. I’ve never been to a party like this before” “So should we go or not?” “We must go. You want to confess, right” “Right but-“ “Let’s go” Hyeri took her hand and went inside.

 

            Most of the students and teachers were there. Hyeri smiled at Sunny and Sooyoung smiling at her. “Don’t be scared. Look. Nothing bad happen” she let go off her hand. “Promise me you’ll confess to him, okay?” “Okay. I’ll try” Lime answered.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            Someone bumped into Lime.

 

“Sorry” the person was looking down with his hand scratching the back of his neck. Lime looked at the person. *Baro?!* She looked at his friends laughing at Baro. He lifted his head. “I want to ask you something” He didn’t wear his big nerdy glasses. He wore a tuxedo that made him looked more handsome. Lime face turned pink like his hair. Hyeri gazed secretly at them with a smile on her face. “Can you be my date?” the words that came out from his mouth made Lime and Hyeri surprised. *Finally. She isn’t the one who confess* Hyeri smiled not looking at them. “I know I’m older than you but-“ Baro stopped when he saw Lime nodded. “Actually, I like you too” she smiled. He smiled back and held her hand. “Thank you” he walked her away.

 

            Chanyeol saw Hyeri and smiled. He stopped from talking to his friends and fixed his jacket a bit. He walked to Hyeri. “Hyeri” Chanyeol called. “Hi” her smiles made his heart melt. “You’re absolutely gorgeous tonight” he warped his arm around her waist. She gave him a sweet smile. “And you’re handsome” “I am? I knew I look good in this tux” He let her go and curled some of her hair to the back of her ear.

 

            Minhyuk looked in jealousy from afar. “I think you should let her go, Minhyuk” Hyungsik patted his shoulder. “No. I won’t let her go that easily” “Yah! Minhyuk! Why don’t you join Ilhoon like always?” Eunkwang nodded to Ilhoon who busy chatting and laughing with girls. Hyungsik gave him a look and nodded to Hyeri. “Oh. Sorry” Eunkwang said. He looked at Peniel and Sungjae who were chatting beside the pool. Girls were admiring them. They walked to the other side and the girls followed. “Look at them. Running from love” Eunkwang chuckled and shook his head.

 

“But Minhyuk is running for love” Hyungsik looked at Minhyuk. His joke doesn’t receive a laugh from Minhyuk but a death glare from him. “Relax. I was just joking. Light up will ya?” “Why don’t you join Peniel and Sungjae rather than sitting here doing nothing?” Eunkwang voiced. “I don’t want to stand near the pool. You know I can’t swin right? What if I fall into that deep pool?” Minhyuk answered. “Don’t think negative things. You’ll never fall into that if you didn’t jump into the pool”

 

“But Hyeri is quite pretty today” Hyungsik suddenly said. “Get your eyes off my girl” “Your girl? She’s Chanyeol” Minhyuk shook his head and sighed in depression.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N: The dress that Hyeri wear is actually one of SNSD dress at MAMA 2011, if I’m not mistaken. SNSD song ‘The Boys’ at that time. I can't wait to upload another chapter!! I like that chapter!! XD Something great will happen after this