CHAPTER 5: CLOSER

LOVE IS GONE (SEQUEL TO LOVE IS SWEET)

 

“You what?!” Eunkwang shouted to Minhyuk. Ilhoon, who was drinking, spits it away. Other BTOB members were shocked after Minhyuk said that he likes Hyeri. They were at a fast food restaurant.

 

“I knew it was her” Hyungsik said. “You ask me to tell you what’s problem so I tell you. That’s what my problem is” “But that’s weird. How can you like her?” Changseob asked. Before Minhyuk could start to tell his romantic love story, Peniel voiced.  “But she already have Chanyeol” “I know. But I still want to try to have her” “Okay then. We’ll help you to get her” Minhyuk smiled. “Thanks, guys. For being understanding”

 

“But I think Chanyeol know that I like her” he sighed. “He’ll protect her for sure”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“What am I going to give her?” Minhyuk was outside the class, wondering around the corridor. It was recess. His head was busy thinking about something.

 

*What’s he doing?* Hyeri went out from the class. “Are you okay, Minhyuk? What are you doing outside?” “Oh. Hi. I was just thinking about what to give to Minhye. Tomorrow is her birthday” “Really? Then, give her what she loves. Like ice-cream” “I thought of giving her that but she eats that almost everyday” “If that so… Why don’t you ask her what she wants” “I don’t want to ask her. She’ll know what I want to give her and that wouldn’t be a surprise” Both of them silent and think.

 

“I remember her saying about her friend’s head band. And I just ignore her” he sighed. “You should give her one of that. Maybe that what she want” “Okay. I’ll buy it tomorrow” “But” he voiced before Hyeri went back into the class. “But I think I need your help to choose that head band. Can you come with me tomorrow?” “I’m not sure but I think I’ll come” she smiled and went into the class. Minhyuk sighed in relief.

 

                        The next day, after school, Hyeri was waiting at the ice-cream store. Minhyuk and Minhye came and sat with her.

 

“Hi, Minhye. Happy birthday!” Hyeri said cheerfully. “Thank you eonni. But how do you know today is my birthday?” “Minhyuk told me. Here. It’s my treat” she gave her a chocolate and vanilla flavored ice cream. “Thank you eonni”

 

            After Minhye finished the ice-cream, the three of them went to an accessories shop. Hyeri gave Minhye tried many headband.

 

“What do you think about this one?” she put a pink headband with a pink ribbon on it on her head. Minhye wore it. “You look gorgeous” Minhyuk praised and Hyeri nodded in agreement. Minhye looked into a mirror in the shop.

 

“I think I’ll take this one” Minhye said with smile. “You sure?” he asked. “Yes” “Okay. Let me pay it first” She gave it to him. Minhye and Hyeri wandered around the store while he pays at the counter.

 

“This look nice” Hyeri took a bracelet with colorful beads. *Why don’t I give this to her?* “Minhye, let’s go” Hyeri could hear Minhyuk voice calling for them. She went to him. “You two go out first. I want to buy something first” “Okay” he held Minhye hand and exited the shop. Hyeri paid for the bracelet and went out from the shop.

 

“What did you buy eonni?” Minhye asked. “I buy this” she gave her the bracelet. “It’s for you” “Wow! Thank you eonni” she wore it. “It suits you well”

 

            They went to a game arcade. Minhye had so much fun there.

 

“Let’s take a photo” Minhye pulled Minhyuk and Hyeri hand and went into the photo booth.

 

“1, 2, 3! Kimchi!” she said cheerfully. They took silly pictures together. Hyeri and Minhye laughed at Minhyuk faces when they looked at the pictures back. He laughed at himself too. “You look like a ghost” he said as he pointed at Minhye’s picture. “I’m not” “You are” They laughed. The three of them played various games there. After having fun at the arcade, Hyeri brought them to a cake shop.

 

“You two go sit first. I want to order something” Hyeri headed to the counter. Minhyuk and Minhye sat at a table. She looked around the shop. “This place is cozy. I never knew there’s a place like this here” “I don’t know this place to but this place is nice. Why don’t we come here next time?” “Okay” she nodded and he ruffled her head. “How do you like your birthday?” “I love it. Celebrating with you and eonni makes me happy. I felt like I have a sister” “It’s good that you like it”

 

“Happy birthday to you” Hyeri came with a small birthday cake on her hand and started to sing the birthday song. Minhyuk continued to sing with her. Minhye smiled from ear to ear.

 

“Happy birthday to Minhye. Happy birthday to you~” Minhyuk and Hyeri clapped. The cake was in front of Minhye. The candle lighted her cute face. She closed her eyes for a while and blew the candles off. She took the knife to cut the cake. “Let’s cut it together” she took Hyeri’s and Minhyuk’s hand. Hyeri was surprised because Minhyuk was holding her hand. They cut the cake together.

 

“Yay!” Minhye said. Minhyuk and Hyeri clapped. “Let me finish cut it” Hyeri took the knife and cut the rest of the cake. They enjoyed the cake. “This cake is delicious” Minhye voiced and Minhyuk nodded in agreement with his mouth chewing the cake. “It’s vanilla sponge cake. I ask the cashier to recommend something good to me. It really is delicious”

 

            Minhye took the rest of the cake home.

 

“Goodbye. See you later and thank you” Minhyuk said to Hyeri. “You’re welcome” “Thank you eonni” Minhye hugged her. “You’re welcome. Happy birthday. Listen to what your brother says, okay?” “I will. Bye eonni” she held Minhyuk hand. Both of them walked home. Hyeri remembered that Minhyuk held her hand.

 

*Chanyeol will get mad if he knew that*

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            Hyeri sighed as she walked at the town in the night. She was back late from school because her classmates had locked her in the class alone. She had duty to clean the class that day so she stayed back for a while. Lucky for her the security guard rounded the school blocks or she’ll be spending the night at school. Chanyeol wanted to accompany her but she said no. “Spend time with your family, okay?” she said to him before he went for home.

 

            The town was shinning with lights from building. *Hyunwoo must be waiting for me* she thought and stopped in front of a food cart. *Dukboggi. It’s been a while since he eats it. I’ll bring him out sometimes* she continued to walk. She felt like she had been followed. She turned around to see a group of guys were behind her. Everyone made way for them. Their faces look really scary.

 

*Who’s this guys?* She shrugged it off and took a corner. Less people walk there. *Did they really follow me* she fastened her steps. The guys did the same too. *What the-*

 

            Hyeri started to run and they chased her. She ended up at a dead end. She turned around and saw the guys had trapped her. *How can I get out from here?* “Who are you? What do you want from me?” she asked. “We want to kill you. That’s what you need to know” one of them answered. Part of his hair was colored.

 

“You’re Chanyeol’s girlfriend right?” another guy asked and approached her. “How do you know his name?” “Of course I know. He stays with me before this” “You are Kai?” “Yes. It’s good that he move out. He’s useless” “You better watch your mouth! Chanyeol isn’t useless! You are!”

 

            In a second, his hand was holding her collar.

 

“Watch your mouth or I’ll shut it forever” he warned. She just glared at him. Suddenly, someone kicked his head from the back. Kai fell. “Hyeri, you okay?” Minhyuk asked her. She just nodded in surprise. The other Younique members started to attack him but he dodged all of it.

 

“Hyeri, run!” Minhyuk shouted. “No!” He punched Henry. Without Minhyuk knowing, Kai grabbed a plank and was going to hit his head with it. *I must help him* she quickly kicked Kai on his back. He turned to her. “Darn you!” he was about to hit her. Minhyuk kicked his back and punched him. He took her hand and ran away from them. They chased both of them.

 

            Minhyuk and Hyeri ran to a crowded place. They took corners. He pulled her and hid in a lane. His hand was on . They were so close. Her eyes were in shock.