CHAPTER 12: E.R

LOVE IS GONE (SEQUEL TO LOVE IS SWEET)

 

2AM-I Was Wrong

Dalmatian-E.R

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

           

            Hyunwoo was taken to the emergency room. Hyeri sat outside of the room, feeling in deep blue. Silly thoughts began to play in her mind. Chanyeol ran as fast as lightning to search for Hyeri at the hospital. She had called him earlier.

 

“Hyeri-ah” Chanyeol called as he saw her. He ran to her and hugged her. Hyeri cried on his shoulder. “Chanyeol, Hyunwoo. What if he is dead?” “No. Don’t think such things. He’ll be fine” he caressed her hair.

 

            It was two in the morning. Hyeri was still worrying about Hyunwoo while looking down. Chanyeol was almost dazed off beside her. A doctor came out from the emergency room.

 

“Are you Hyunwoo’s sister?” he asked. Hyeri looked up and nodded. Hyeri and Chanyeol followed the doctor into his office. He explained about Hyunwoo’s injuries. Chanyeol held her hand to calm her. “We’ve tried our best” he started. “But don’t worry. He’s safe” Hyeri let out a sigh out relief at his words. “He might return to normal back?” “Normal?” she asked. “Yes. Without amnesia” A broad smile formed on her face. Chanyeol patted her back, smiling. He knew how happy she was. “But will he remember what happen while he had amnesia?” Chanyeol questioned. “I’m not quiet sure but I think he remember” Hyeri was so happy until she almost cry. “That’s all. Call me if anything goes wrong” Chanyeol and Hyeri stood and bowed. “Thank you, doctor” “You’re welcome” They walked out.

 

            Hyeri hugged Chanyeol.

 

“I can’t believe he’s fine. Thank goodness” she said while crying. He caressed her head. They went to the room Hyunwoo in. He was laying on the bed with many wires attached to him. He was still unconscious. Hyeri caressed his hair. He reminded her of how Chorong was before her death.

 

“You should get some rest, Hyeri” “Okay. But how about you?” “I told my aunt that I’ll be home tomorrow. She said okay so I’ll accompany you here” “Thank you, Chanyeol” They slept on chairs beside Hyunwoo.

 

            The next morning, Hyeri and Chanyeol came to the hospital back to take care of Hyunwoo. He still not up yet. Hyeri held his brother’s hand in worry.

 

“Don’t worry. He’ll be up. He just needs sometimes to rest for a while okay” Chanyeol patted her shoulder. She nodded. Later that afternoon, Hyunwoo’s finger moved. Hyeri called his name. He slowly opened his eyes.

 

“Hyunwoo!” Hyeri hugged him then looked at him. “You still remember me do you?” “Of course, noona” he spotted a familiar figure beside Hyeri. It was Chanyeol but he was not being able to see him clearly. Hyunwoo rubbed and blinked his eyes a few times. “Noona, who’s that?” he pointed. “That’s Chanyeol” “Hyung? But why can’t I see him clearly?” “Can’t see?” Chanyeol voiced. “Hyunwoo, try look at the TV. Can you read the subtitle?” she asked. Hyunwoo tried hard to read but failed. “I can’t” “I’ll call the doctor here” Hyeri ran outside. Hyunwoo was brought to an examination room. Doctor asked him to read some words from afar but he can’t. Hyeri and Chanyeol looked at him in worry. “Maybe because of your head hit the ground hard and made you short-sightedness” the doctor explained.

 

“Short-sightedness?” Hyeri was thinking about what to do while sitting in the room. “Why don’t we buy him a pair of spectacle?” Chanyeol suggested. “Alright. Let’s make an order now” They went to a glass shop and ordered a spectacle that suit Hyunwoo.

 

            Few days later, Hyunwoo had admitted out from the hospital. Hyunwoo entered the living room. Chanyeol and Hyeri followed. Chanyeol held out a white bag to him.

 

“What’s this?” “Open it. We hope that thing can help you” Hyunwoo opened it and took out a pair of blue framed spectacle. “Wow!” he tried it on. “Noona, I can see clearly now!” he blinked his eyes a few times. “Thank you hyung, noona” “You’re welcome” said Hyeri and Chanyeol.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            Chanyeol headed to the door. Hyeri and Hyunwoo followed him.

 

“Thank you hyung” he bowed. “You’re welcome. Take care of your sister okay?” Hyunwoo nodded. “Thank you Chanyeol. For helping me” she looked at him. He smiled and nodded. “See you two later. Bye” “Goodbye” they waved at each other. Chanyeol walked out from the house gate. “Hyunwoo and Hyeri headed inside. *Oh my! I just remember!* she thought. “Hyunwoo, go inside first” He nodded and went inside. Hyeri chased Chanyeol. “Chanyeol!” she called. He turned and she pecked his lips. “Now you forgot about it” she said. He laughed and pinched her nose. “Sorry” he said. “Goodbye. Be careful” “I will” he waved and walked.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: One last chapter to go! ^^