CHAPTER 11: THANK YOU

LOVE IS GONE (SEQUEL TO LOVE IS SWEET)

 

Super Junior-From U

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            Hyeri entered her room.

 

“Eonni, you okay?” Lime helped to close the door. “I’m okay” “You need to change fast or you’ll catch cold” “Okay” Hyeri went to the living room. “You okay, Hyeri? We’re shock back there” Sooyoung said. “Yes. It was like a drama” Sunny voiced. “I’m fine” “How can you and Minhyuk were really close? I thought he and his gang bullies you” “It is but that’s before. Now we’re friends” Hyeri answered with smile. “Oh okay. Get change fast, okay? And tell us what’s with you and Minhyuk tomorrow” Sooyoung high fived Sunny and laughed. “Sure” Hyeri answered and walked to her bed.

 

*Everyone will ask the same question to me after this. Well, who doesn’t want to know about BTOB member, the school kingka* she shook her head. She took her towel and entered the bathroom.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

 

            The next morning, everyone was at the hotel cafeteria to have breakfast. Hyeri was looking for an empty space for her to sit with her hand holding a plate of hot toasts. She spotted Chanyeol sitting with BTOB, laughing. Hyeri smiled at how close they got. Now, she and Chanyeol don’t have to feel afraid anymore. “Eonni, here!” Lime waved her hand. Sooyoung and Sunny were sitting with her. Hyeri sat beside Sunny. “Tell us about you and BTOB, please” Sunny plead with her aegyo face. All of them laughed before Hyeri told the story.

 

            The students and teachers gathered at the lobby at 11 a.m. to go home as their summer camp ended. “Everyone, thank you for joining this event. Did you have fun?” Mr. Park asked. “Yes!” the students answered. “Great! Now that our summer camp ended for this year, will you join the camp for the next year? And we’ll do at a different place” The students cheered.

 

            The rode the bus back to school. Most of them fell asleep in tiredness. Hyeri rested her head on Chanyeol’s shoulder. He held her hand. “Hyeri, you okay?” “Yes. Why?” “Because your body feels hot” “I just dizzy a bit” “Okay. Sleep first. I’ll wake you up when we arrive” “Alright. Thank you, Chanyeol” she slept. He caressed her head. They arrived at school in the evening. Students went home. Hyeri  was standing outside the school gate. Chanyeol came. “Are you okay? Let me send you home” “It’s okay” “No. I want to accompany you. What if you collapsed in the middle of the road?” She was silent. “Okay” she voiced weakly.

 

            Chanyeol walked Hyeri home. As they arrived, she knocked the house door. “Hyunwoo-ah” she called weakly. Hyunwoo opened the door. “Noona!” he hugged her. Hyeri chuckled at how cute and happy he was to see her.

 

“Who are you?” he asked Chanyeol and stood protectively in front of Hyeri. “He’s my boyfriend I always tell you” she said weakly while holding his shoulder. “Noona, you okay” “I-“ she tried to answer. “She had fever” Chanyeol replied because he knew she would lie. Hyeri suddenly collapsed. Chanyeol dropped his bag and went to Hyeri. “Noona!” Hyunwoo shook her arm. Chanyeol was holding onto her. “Let me carry her up” Hyunwoo paused for a while at Chanyeol words. “Okay” he got up and led him to her room. Chanyeol carried Hyeri and laid her on her bed. Hyunwoo brought a damp handkerchief and put it on her hot forehead.

 

“She saved one of our friends last night” Chanyeol told him about last night. “I see she’s afraid to lose another friend like Chorong noona” Hyunwoo said. “She told me about that girl” “Noona must have missed her” “Em. I need to go home now” Chanyeol got up. “Thank you, hyung” “You’re welcome. Take care of your sister, okay?” He nodded and accompanied Chanyeol to the door.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            Hyeri woke up and saw Hyunwoo beside her bed. “Hyeri noona” She smiled. “You feel any better?” She nodded. “A bit” “Hyung told me what happen last night” *Hyung? Oh! Chanyeol* she smiled. “It’s so cute of you to call him hyung” “Noona, I’m worried of you” “Nothing bad happen. I just had fever”

 

“Hyunwoo, want to go to town tomorrow? And eat tteokbokki?” “Tteokbokki?” his face turned happy. “Yes. I want to take you tonight but I’m tired. So we’ll go tomorrow” “Yay!” he jumped in joy.

 

            The next day, Hyeri was still sleeping on her bed when Hyunwoo sat on her bed, still in his pajama. He felt her forehead and smiled. *Yay! Noona had recovered* Hyeri opened her eyes and saw him. “Good morning. You’re up early” he giggled. “Of course. Today we’re going to eat tteokbokki” he his lips. “But it is tonight” “I know. I just can’t wait” “Okay. Go wash okay?” He nodded and exited the room. Hyeri gave a great stretch to her exhausted body and felt her forehead. *It’s a good thing that I’m healthy back*

 

            She went to the bathroom and washed. She went down wearing a pink shirt and a pair of trousers. Hyunwoo can’t be seen anywhere. *He must be still upstairs* She went to the kitchen and started to cook omelet and bacon for breakfast. Hyeri put the meals on the table. “Hyunwoo, hurry up!” she called. “Noona. I’ve a problem” he called from upstairs. “Wait. I’ll come up” She walked upstairs.

 

            Hyunwoo was standing in front of the big mirror.

 

“Can you help me with this? I can’t reach the back” he held a comb to her. “Sure” she combed his hair with love. “Done” “Thank you noona” “You’re welcome. Let’s go eat” she held his hand. He nodded and they went   to the kitchen. Hyunwoo sat at his usual place, in front of Hyeri. They enjoyed their breakfast. “Delicious!” “Of course. Look who cook it” He stuck out his tongue out. She just laughed.

 

            After ate, they cut the long grasses outside. Then, Hyunwoo helped Hyeri with laundry.

 

“Noona, hyung is so tall” “He is” Hyeri then remembered something. “I forgot to call him and say thank you” “Go call him then” “I will after this” *Hyunwoo sounds different lately* she thought. Hyeri dialed Baekhyun’s house phone number after she had done with laundry. “Hello” “Hello, Byun’s family house” Baekhyun picked up the phone. “Can I talk to Chanyeol?” “Okay. May I know who this is?” “I’m Hyeri” “Oh Hyeri. This is Baekhyun. I’ll call Chanyeol” She could hear Baekhyun called Chanyeol. “Chanyeol! Your girlfriend call!” he shouted. *He shouldn’t have shouted. It’s so embarrassing* she said in her mind.

 

“Hello” Hyeri could hear Chanyeol voice. “Chanyeol, it’s me, Hyeri. I just want to say thank you for yesterday” “You’re welcome. How are you? Are you okay now?” “I’m fine. Thankfully I’m healthy today. I want to take Hyunwoo out” “Hyunwoo? What about me?” “We’ll go out together later okay?” “Okay” “I had to go now. Bye” “Bye. Have fun” “Thanks” They hung up the phone.  “Is that hyung?” Hyunwoo asked. “Yes” “Oh. Okay” Hyunwoo wanted to go away when she called. “Hyunwoo-ah” “Yes?” “Nothing” “Okay” he walked away. *He sounds more mature than usual lately*

 

            That night, they went to the town. Hyunwoo was really delighted. They ate many street foods. *It’s good that you’re happy* Hyeri thought. “Yay! Tteokbokki!” Hyunwoo exclaimed and ate it. Hyeri helped to wipe his mouth. He finished it in seconds. “You didn’t leave any for me?” “Hehe. Sorry noona. I’ll buy some for you later” Hyeri smiled and ruffled his head. “I’m just kidding”

 

            They walked home hand in hand in a happy mood. Hyeri was unlocking the house door.

 

“Thank you noona. For today” Hyunwoo said. “You’re welcome. You had fun?” “Of course. Noona treat me with my favorite foods” Hyunwoo then silent. Suddenly, he groaned in pain with both of his hand holding his hurt head. “Hyunwoo, you okay?” Hyeri panicked. He fell down and fainted. Hyeri quickly entered her house and called the ambulance.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Two chapters to go.