CHAPTER 1: HATE ---> LOVE

LOVE IS GONE (SEQUEL TO LOVE IS SWEET)

 

“Chanyeol” Hyeri called and walked beside him. The school was over like always. They were walking to the school gate.

 

“Hi” Chanyeol smiled. “Is something wrong? You seem really gloomy” “Well…actually…Can we go to the park first?” “Okay”

 

            It already 5 p.m. They walked leisurely at the park and sat near the lake.

 

“What exactly happen?” she held his hand. He let out a deep sigh.

 

“My adopt family want to send me back to the orphanage” “Send back? Why?” “My mom has to work overseas for years so they decided to move there. I heard they want to send me to an orphanage in rural area” he looked at her.

 

“That’s mean you have to leave out school?” *And leave me?* “Yes. But I’ll try to tell them to send me to the nearest orphanage”

 

“Don’t worry. I’m sure they’ll change their minds” he smiled.

 

“I hope so” she rested her head on his arm. “Chanyeol, I love you” she played with his fingers. “I love you too” he kissed her head.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            It was night. Hyeri was on her bed, staring at the ceiling.

 

*What if he really need to leave me?* she thought and looked at the clock.

 

*It already 2 a.m.? I should sleep* she closed her eyes and tried to ignore her silly thoughts.

 

            She opened her eyes slowly and looked at the clock.

 

“Damn it! I’m going to be late!” she jumped out from her bed and ran to the bathroom. It was only 25 minutes before the school bell ring. After got into her school uniform and grabbed her school bag, she ran downstairs.

 

            Hyeri went straight to the door and wore her shoes. She didn’t even grab anything for breakfast.

 

“It’s only 3 minutes before the bell rings” she ran to school.

 

            As soon as she arrived in front of the school gate,

 

“You’re late” the prefect on duty voiced. She sighed. “Please queue here” he pointed to a line of students. She got into line.

 

“Hyung, this kid want to run” a group of four prefects came there. One of them was holding a guy arm. He tried to free.

 

*Minhyuk?*Hyeri looked at him. He just glared at her. “Get in line” the prefect ordered. Minhyuk stood behind Hyeri.

 

“What are you looking at?” “N-nothing” she turned to the front.

 

“I wonder why so many people come late today” the head prefect said. “Your punishment for today is cleaning class” The other prefect had paired up the students. Minhyuk looked at his partner and sighed. It was Hyeri.

 

“Excuse me” he raised his hand. “Can I change partner?” “No” He sighed, looked at her and looked away.

 

            Minhyuk and Hyeri had to clean an old music room. Many had believed that the room was haunted but not Hyeri.

 

*Why do I have to pair with this guy?* she put her bag down and started to sweep the floor. Minhyuk just sat at the back of the class doing nothing. She sighed and continued to clean the class.

 

            After she done, she grabbed her bag and walked to her classroom. Minhyuk followed with a cracker in his mouth. Hyeri just remember that she doesn’t take breakfast.

 

“Here” he gave her one of his cracker to her. “Your stomach sound disturbs me” “Sorry and thank you” she took it and ate.

 

            It already recess. Chanyeol sat beside Hyeri. He gave her a can of soda.

 

“Thanks” “You’re welcome. Why are you late?” “Well… I just…I slept late last night” “Oh. Okay. Yesterday, I ask my dad about sending me to the orphanage”

 

“So what did he say?” “He said that he’ll try to send me near this school” “That’s good to hear”

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Okay, class! Make a round so that I can make you into pairs” their physical education teacher ordered. Their class started with physical education in the morning.

 

            Hyeri and Chanyeol ended up with a different partner. Hyeri had been partnering up with … Minhyuk. Chanyeol gave her a ‘don’t worry look’. The whole class played the three legged legs race. Minhyuk tied his left leg with her right leg.

 

“Sorry” she whispered, looking at the ground. “It’s not your fault at all us in the same group” he said calmly. Hyeri was surprised but she hid it. The race started and all pairs started to race. Hyeri tried her best to win but she toppled at the end of the race. She winced in pain.

 

“Are you okay?” Minhyuk untied their legs and checked on her ankle. “It sprained” he straighten her leg.

 

“Slowly” she said. He looked at her with a blank expression but she scared with his expression.

 

*What did I say? He must kick me after this* she bit her lips. “Sorry” “You should be careful next time” Hyeri confused and doesn’t believe with what she heard.

 

“Hyeri, are you okay?” Chanyeol ran to them. He ignored Minhyuk present. “I’m okay. Nothing serious happen. I just sprained my ankle” she smiled, not to let him worry.

 

“I’ll bring ices as soon as possible” he ran to get some ices.

 

“It’s good that your boyfriend came to help” Minhyuk got up and walked away. She looked at him in puzzlement.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            Minhyuk was washing his hand at the toilet sink. He looked at himself in the mirror.

 

*Minhyuk! What are you doing?! Don’t make it too obvious that you like her. What if other members know? I’m dead!* He threw a punch to the mirror but someone held his hand.

 

“Are you okay? What are you trying to do?” Sungjae asked him. “Oh! It’s you. I’m okay. I just…What are you doing here anyway?” “I want to use the toilet of course. Are you sure you’re okay?” “Sure. I’m going now. See you later” Minhyuk quickly exited the toilet.

 

“What’s wrong with him?” Sungjae looked at Minhyuk and shrugged it off.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            Minhyuk was walking home from school at a lane. It already dark but he still isn’t home yet. His head was full with problem.

 

*Damn it! I just can’t stop thinking about Hyeri. But she is Chanyeol’s* He ruffled his head in confusion.

 

“Wait!” he stopped. *I can try to tackle her. If she doesn’t want me, I’ll just give up then* he nodded and continued to walk.

 

            He recalled how he fell in love with Hyeri.

 

-Flashback-

 

“It’s darn boring!” Minhyuk complained with his hands on the back of his head. He was walking at a park and spotted Hyeri not far in front of him. He quickly hid behind a tree and peeked on her.

 

*Why did I hide?* he asked himself.

 

            Hyeri was walking with her hand holding her bag strap. Her lips curled into a sweet smile while looking at the falling dried leaves. *She’s beautiful* Minhyuk hid behind the tree back. *What did I just thought?! Am I crazy?!* He hit his head. He held onto his chest.

 

*Why did my heart react this way? Am I going to die?*

 

            He looked her back with his hand still on his chest. It pound louder.

 

*Did I like her?* He could felt his cheek burning. He quickly hid behind the tree back.

 

            Hyeri stopped by the lake and stared into it. Her smile was still on her lips. Minhyuk looked at her and smiled.

 

*I think I really like her* She turned her head to the tree and he quickly hid. She looked at the lake back.

 

*I should go before she sees me* he sped off the place.

 

-End of Flashback-

 

            Minhyuk smiled at the thought of that.