Meet the Boy in Pink

Meet The Kim

Jongwoon goes straight to his Mom when they arrive at home. After he hugged his Mom, he gives her the paper contained Siwon’s autograph and a photograph that he’s already printed in Club room.
“OMG!! Thank you soo much kids!!” Mrs. Kim squeals like a fangirl will do. When she looks at the photo, her squeal goes higher in pitch (almost in dolphin range perhaps), making all the boys and Mr. Kim cover their ears to keep their hearing intact.

“OMG!! JONGWOONIE!! YOU LOOK SO CUUUUUUUUUUUUTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!”

Jongwoon just grins sheepishly and silently running away to the safety of his bedroom, while his brothers and cousin cusses the blasted actor. CHOI SIWON!! You’ll pay for this! Kangin growls mentally.
“Go change your clothes and get ready for dinner boys,” Mrs. Kim orders happily and skips to the kitchen, flaunting the autograph Jongwoon earned this afternoon, singing and humming happy notes. The boys just growl and go to their respective rooms to change and have dinner.


At The Studio,

“Say, Teukie. You’ve been taking a liking to this kind of music lately,” Eunhyuk chimes after they finished their rehearsal for today. Leeteuk and his friends, Shindong, Eunhyuk, Donghae and Sungmin, are practicing for their next dance routine. After the practicing, they sit down to rest after practiced for about 2 hours.
“Well, my friend from the Music Department says that we can use any music to dance,” Leeteuk says, while playing with his phone.
“Pray tell, who is this “friend” you are talking about?” Donghae teases from his sitting place beside Eunhyuk, sliding his hand to Eunhyuk’s slim waist,” Do you have any idea who he is Hyukkie?”
“I don’t even know our dear Teukie here have a friend from Music Department,” Eunhyuk says, looking at Leeteuk curiously. Leeteuk just brushes his friends with his angelic smile. Their friendly chit chat stops when a pinky Bunny hurriedly collects his things.

“Where are you going Sungmin?” Shindong asks, while taking his pack of snacks. Sungmin just smiles and continues collecting his belongings.
“Do you forget I have a dojo to run? I’m running it today, or else my brother will kick my ,” Sungmin puts his belongings in his big pink bag, and scurries to the door,” I’ll see you on tomorrow’s practice guys!” And there goes the pinky boy.
On the way to the school gate, because he’s on the phone, he incidentally bumps into someone. Since his brother is talking, or actually yelling at him to get his to the dojo because he’s almost late, Sungmin can’t properly apologize, so he just mumbles,” Sorry”, and whizzing his way.


Jongwoon, Ryeowook and Henry are walking in the hallway from Jongwoon’s class. Or if you put it in the right way, Ryeowook with his unwilling companion, the Chinese-Canadian Chipmunk, pick up their precious Jongwoon to go to his next class. They’re chatting happily, sometimes laughing at the funny jokes the chubby Henry sprouts out, when someone’s bumping to Jongwoon, almost knocks him down, if Ryeowook doesn’t catch him.
“YAH!! Look where you’re going!!” Ryeowook shouts out loud, but the person who bumps into Jongwoon already out of sight.
“It’s okay Wookie-ah. He already apologized,” Jongwoon says softly, tries to appease the short temper little boy. “We’re almost late. Come on!” The three boys walk to their respective classes.


After Jongwoon’s finished all his lectures of the day, Mr. Park calls him to his office. Looks like, the Music Club has run out of music sheets and Mr. Park asks him to buy some packs of new music sheets.
“Are you okay buying it by yourself Yesung-ah?” Mr. Park asks Jongwoon. He knows really well, Jongwoon had never gone everywhere all by himself. One of his brothers, or all of them, always accompany him everywhere he goes.
“No problem Mr. Park. The store is not so far from here, I’ll be back before an hour,” Jongwoon assures the worries Mr. Park. The store is nearby, he’ll be back as soon as possible. So, Mr. Park sends Jongwoon on his quest to the music store. Jongwoon smiles widely and goes to the music store.

“Jongwoonie, why don’t you tell me if you want to go to the music store? I can accompany you.”
Heechul is on a major worry attack right now. He’s on the heated discussion with his supervisor about his final project when Jongwoon sends him a text about going to music store ALONE. He abandons his raging supervisor to directly call his Baby Brother.
“But Hyung, the store is nearby. I can go there by myself.”
“But, what if someone’s teasing you? Trying to bully you? Or, God forbid, kidnap or rob you? What if...”
“Heechul Hyung, you’re exaggerating. Nothing will happen to me. You just finish your discussion. I’ll be okay.”
“I’ll send Kanginnie or Kibummie or..”
“Hyung, they have their own things to do. I promise you, I’ll be fine. See you later Hyung.”
And Heechul almost screams out loud at his supervisor, when the poor old Mr. Choi calls him. He worries a lot about his Baby Brother and his supervisor calling him for his final project, he really could care less about it now.


Jongwoon comes out of the Music Store after he bought a lot of music sheets stack, feeling accomplished. Almost all his life, his brothers and cousins always accompany him to his destination, because of his shy, timid personality and his fragile stature. So today, he comes out of the music store, smiling happily, and humming a happy song. He hums a happy song, smiling at the shining sun, not realizing some pairs of eyes watching him silently.
His happy humming suddenly abrupts when a hand harshly grabs his arm and shoves him to an alley. There, he sees 3 big, burly men stand side by side in an intimidating way who look at him menacingly. Oh My God, what are these guys want? Jongwoon starts to freak out. His eyes dart from side to side to find a way to escape.

“Little boy, give me your money,” one of those men growls in a scary voice. Jongwoon, without hesitation gives the man the change, from the money he spent from the Music Store.
“What is this? What are you giving me?” the man roars, making Jongwoon flinches back.
“Well, it’s money. You ask me to give you my money, and that’s all I have left,” Jongwoon answers truthfully and innocently, looking so clueless. These men want his money, and he gives them all he has.
“Fine, give me your wallet then,” the man orders him. Jongwoon frowns upon the order. There’s no way he’s giving this man his wallet. It has his ID Card, student Card, and his family photos. He will guard it with his life.
“I’m sorry, but I can’t give you my wallet. It has my ID, my Student Card, and my family photos,” Jongwoon says with his little voice. The boys get really angry at what Jongwoon says.

“Do you feel like we care? JUST GIVE US YOUR WALLET!!”
Jongwoon jumps in shock when he hears the man shouts. He walks back until his back touches the wall. Damn, I should let Kanginnie and Kibummie accompany me, Jongwoon mutters silently. He looks at the men, thinking some ways to weasel his way out of this mess.
“Well, it’s my wallet. I have any right to give it or not. And I already told you it has my ID Card and Student Card. What should I do if I don’t have my ID Card? And I’m a student, I need my student Card, and I need my wallet to put all those things. And I’ve already given you the money, and...”Jongwoon keeps on rambling while the men in front of him look at him incredulously. Heechul has taught him about sprouting nonsense when he’s in bad situation, and he’s trying to do it.

“And there’s enough money I gave you to buy some food for all of you. You won’t find any money in my wallet anyway since I have spent all my money to buy some music sheets, and also I bought some meals, and..”
“Cut the nonsense! Give us your wallet!! We don’t need your nonsense!!” the man shouts angrily. Why is this pretty, cute and helpless little boy so hard to give his wallet anyway? He keeps sprouting nonsense with his low, husky, melodic voice.
“But, as I said before, it will be useless if you only have my wallet without any money,” Jongwoon keeps on arguing, and the men’s patience are wearing thin. One man approaches Jongwoon to launch his attack when someone butts in.

“LET HIM GO!”
Jongwoon and his attackers look at the voice’s direction and see a cute boy in pink stands in the front of the alley.
“And what are you doing here pinky boy?” the man snarls at the cute boy in pink, who looks insulted.
“Hey, what’s wrong with pink? Everyone can wear pink,” Jongwoon butts in. The cute boy in pink also nods.
“What’s wrong? It’s a girl colour for crying out loud,” the man mocks the boys.
“It’s not true. Everyone can wear pink, not just girls. So if a girl wears blue you will say it’s a boy’s colour? It’s not good. Just say that all of you don’t have the guts to wear pink,” the boy in pink says in irrefutable tone.

“Excuse me! You say we don’t have guts?! We’ll prove it to you little boy!” the man snarls angrily. Jongwoon and the boys look at each other and they grin mischievously.
“Fine then. Prove it. Pick one of your friends to wear a pink outfit,” the cute pink boy challenges the men. Jongwoon nods his head at the men. The men look incredulously at the boys and start to point at each other. Jongwoon and the boy in pink look at each other when the bad men are in the heated arguing about who’s better in pink. The two boys silently and stealthily walk around the men, watching the men while carefully take their steps. When they arrive at the end of the alley, with their eyes still watching the men who are still in a heated argument, and with the pink boy grabs Jongwoon’s baby hand, they run.

They keep running until their breaths labour. Jongwoon’s baby hand is still in the boy in the pink grasp. When they feel it’s far and safe enough from the bad men, they stop sunning. They catch their breath like their lives depend on it, and collapse at the closest cafe seats.
“Thank..you..for...saving..me,” Jongwoon breathlessly shows his gratitude towards the boy in pink. The boy just smile while catching his breath.
“I didn’t do anything actually. You kind of safe yourself with that rambling of yours,” the boy in pink says in a teasing way. This black haired boy is just too cute, he’s rambling nonsense when he should be defending himself.

“Why didn’t you kick their butts back then?” the boy in pink asks the black haired boy. According to his experience in martial art, the men back then weren’t that good. They’re just some bullies.
“Well...I can’t do martial art actually. That’s why I just...ramble,” Jongwoon says timidly, his face blushes bright red. Blame his brothers to not let him learn a martial art, because of his fragile stature.
“Really? And why is that?” The boy in pink asks,” Oh, btw, my name is Sungmin.”
“Well, because of my fragile stature my brothers don’t allow me to do anything hard. And that’s including martial art,” Jongwoon answers. “My name is Jongwoon, and I’m a student in SM Institute of Arts.”

“Really?! Me too,” Sungmin excitedly says,” I’m from Dance Department, 3rd year.”
“Really? I’m from Music Department in my 2nd year. Thank you Sungmin Sunbae, for saving me,” Jongwoon says. Sungmin just smiles at the cute boy. Well, his brothers actually say the right thing. This cute, pretty boy is actually quite fragile, he’s afraid his firm grasp back then might crush a bone or two. But, some idea pop into his head. Wow! I’m a genius! Sungmin self praises.
“Jongwoon-ah, how about I teach you some basic self defence. It won’t tire your body,” Sungmin says when Jongwoon about to declines,” It will be some basics.”
Jongwoon thinks it through for a few moments and nods hesitantly. Sungmin smiles at the cute black haired boy, and pats his back.

“OK then Jongwoon-ah. How about we start on Friday?” Sungmin offers. Jongwoon’s face falls at the offers. He remembers about Siwon sunbae’s offer about his movie premiere.
“I’m sorry Sungmin sunbae, but this Friday I have an...appointment with my..friend,” Jongwoon says with his small voice, looking down, face blushing red. Sungmin coos at the cute boy in front of him.
“That’s okay Jongwoon-ah, we can start on Friday next week. How about that?” Sungmin asks, assure the younger. Jongwoon thinks for a while and nods his head happily. Sungmin smiles brightly at the younger.
“OK then. I’ll accompany you back to the school. You’re going back to school right?” Sungmin stands up, dusts his pants, and helps Jongwoon to stand up. They walks to the school, talking about their school lives, and the activities they’re in. Sungmin accompanies Jongwoon to the school gate, and bids his farewell.

“I’ll see you next week then Jongwoon-ah. I’ll wait for you at the school’s Gym. You know where it is right?” Sungmin asks, with a little teasing in his tone. Jongwoon pouts at the question. He maybe fragile, but he’s not that easy to break that he never goes to the gym. He works out, a little bit.
“Sungmin sunbae, I’ve been to the gym before,” Jongwoon whines cutely. Sungmin laughs out loud and pinches Jongwoon’s chubby cheeks. Jongwoon pouts more, and Sungmin just crushes the cheeks even more.
“Aren’t you just too cute Jongwoonie,” Sungmin coos at the cute boy. When Jongwoon keeps pouting like a cute kindergarten (he looks like one!), Sungmin releases his chubby cheeks. “OK, I’m so sorry Jongwoonie. Now, off you go. I’ll also be going to my dojo. See you next week at the gym,” Sungmin sends Jongwoon in and waves at the cute black haired boy. Jongwoon waves back to Sungmin with a bright smile on his face, making Sungmin stumbles a little at the sudden blinding beam of the younger smile. Oh, Man! Friday..Friday...Please come to me as soon as possible, Sungmin chants all the way to his dojo, while his brother yells his head out.

“LEE FREAKING SUNGMIN!!! GET YOUR UP HERE!!”

TBC.

A/N: Finally Mr. Sungmin is meeting with our Jongwoon..YAY for me :D After this chap, I think the story will flow from here, if my mind isn't jumble with my other OS and my study. So, I'm so sorry if this chap ends up terrible. All in all, if you happen to stumble upon it, comments and critics will be appreciated :D