A Lesson with Kungfu Bunny

Meet The Kim

The Brothers gently usher their precious raven to Heechul’s car and go back home. On their way home, Jongwoon tells them about this fine restaurant he went for lunch with Choi Siwon.
“We should go there sometimes for lunch or dinner Heenim,” Jongwoon suggests,” It’s a nice restaurant, with delicious healthy food, not to mention it’s hygiene as well.” The Brothers frown upon hearing such a good review from his Baby Woonie. In order to stop the blabbering about the restaurant, Ryeowook changes the subject.
“Woonie Hyung, has Mr. Park set the date for audition?” Ryeowook innocently asks,” The competition is close.” The Brothers sigh in relieve for Ryeowook brilliant distraction. Ryeowook just smile smugly, earning a scowl from the Diva himself, and several amounts of slaps from Kangin and Kibum. But at least, Jongwoon stops talking about the restaurant and that blasted HORSE.

“Oh, right. Mr. Park already set the date for the audition,” Jongwoon excitedly answers,” It’s on Tuesday, next week. Are you joining Ryeowookie?”
“Hmm..Let me think,” Ryeowook says cooly,” If I want to embarrass myself, then maybe I’ll join.” Ryeowook casually adds with a silly grin on his face. The Brothers just roll their eyes at the silliness. Jongwoon just frown at his sometimes beyond silly and adorable cousin.
“What do you mean embarrassing yourself?” Jongwoon scolds the younger,” I’ve heard you sing.”
“That’s why Hyungie. Mr. Park must’ve put you on the list,” Ryeowook rebuts. Jongwoon nods innocently. Mr. Park already put his name, even before the competition’s date is set. Still, he doesn’t see any connection between his admission for audition and Ryeowook embarrassing himself. He looks at his small, cute, little cousin in confusion. Ryeowook just smiles, and brushes him off in a brotherly way.
“I’m just joking Hyungie,” Ryeowook says,” Stop frowning, or you’ll get wrinkles all over your face.” Jongwoon, of course, frowns even deeper, earning some theatrical laugh from his Brothers.

“BTW, Hyung, how did you end up having lunch with that damn HORSE?” Kangin asks angrily. That sneaky damnable HORSE. Just so you wait until I have my hands on your neck, Kangin growls silently. Jongwoon looks at his Big little brother, brows furrow slightly. What horse is Kanginnie talking about? I didn’t see and eat lunch with a horse, Jongwoon scratches his head.
“Woonie-ah, how did Siwon Sunbae take you to lunch?” Heechul rephrases the question, throwing a nasty glare at Kangin who just grins innocently. Heechul just sighs heavily.
“Oh, It wasn’t Siwon Sunbae who take me to the restaurant actually,” Jongwoon answers cheerily. The Brothers, including Heechul who’s driving the car, look at Jongwoon, dumbfounded. “Kanginnie, Kibummie, do you know a Sunbae named Eric Mun?” Jongwoon asks his big little brother and cousin. Kangin and Kibum raise their brows and look at their Baby Hyung, whom looks at them expectantly.
“We don’t especially know him, but yeah, we know him. He’s one of the best Hyung. Why?” Kibum answers. Kangin nods, asking for an answer. “Well, he’s the one who pick me up,” Jongwoon says casually, leaving all the Brothers look at each other in terror and confusion. Do we need to watch this Eric Sunbae every movement? Kibum thinks silently.

“Eric Sunbae picked me up and drove me to the restaurant where Siwon Sunbae already waited for me,” Jongwoon explains,” It turns out that his friend who’s supposed to be having lunch with him called off in the last minute. Do you guys know Choi Minho...Sunbae?” The Brothers just can sigh heavily. Why are there so many people appear in their Baby Woonie’s life?
“Choi Minho Sunbae? Yes, we know him Hyungie,” Kangin answers,” Some of our friends told us that Minho Sunbae was coming to SM today, but he went straight to Dance Department. I don’t know what he was doing there, because the way we see it, he doesn’t dance much.” Kibum just shrugs, agreeing with Kangin. Jongwoon just nods during explanation.
“Oh! So that’s why Sinwon Sunbae asked me to accompany him for lunch,” Jongwoon innocently adds his two cents, causing The Brothers to curse the poor Sunbae.


The Kim arrive at home at the same time as their parents. Jongwoon straightly runs to his Mom and hugs the daylight out of her. Mrs. Kim just pats his head and they all get inside the house.
“OK! You boys clean up and get ready for dinner,” Mrs. Kim orders, which directly obliged by the Brothers.
In an hour, The Kim family is ready to have dinner together. Today’s menu is about Jongwoon’s favourite. Spicy fried chicken, kimchi stew, stir fried rice noodle, and last but not least Mrs. Kim hand made fruit tart for dessert. Jongwoon’s eyes shine so brightly when he sees the menu on the table.
“KIMCHI STEW!!” Jongwoon squeals happily and jumps right to his seat next to Mr. Kim, who only shakes his head seeing his son’s antic. “You sure like kimchi stew very much don’t you Jongwoonie?” Mr. Kim warmly teases the raven. Jongwoon childishly nods and waits for all of his Brothers to come down and sit on their seats. When only their legs show up on the stairs, Jongwoon, quite impatient, urges,” Yah!! Hurry up guys!! Kimchi stew doesn’t wait!” The Brothers look at each other and snicker and fasten their paces, not wanting to upset their precious jewel any longer.

“Yah!! Jongwoonie, you just can’t wait to grab that kimchi stew can you?” Heechul nudges his Baby brother, earning a cute scowl from the younger. Everyone just laughs and after Mr. Kim is served, everyone serve themselves, with Jongwoon served himself a big amount of Kimchi stew.
“Hey! Woonie Hyung, save some for us will you,” Kangin protests from his seat, and hurriedly get his share of kimchi stew. Jongwoon just smiles innocently at Kangin who just shakes his head. You really can’t win over that innocent, bright, but deadly smile. Bottom line, you just can’t win over Jongwoon, if he pulls out his smile to everyone. In the end, the Kim family safely having dinner together with lots of jokes throw back and forth. At the end of dinner time, Mrs. Kim pulls out her fantastic fruit tart, and Jongwoon claps his hands excitedly. Mrs. Kim cuts the tart and hands out the tart, the biggest cut goes to Jongwoon who beams from ear to ear.

“I’m so full,” Jongwoon says, petting his full stomach. The Brothers just shakes their heads. Heechul grabs his Baby Brother and holds him close, and Jongwoon follows suit, snuggles closer to his Heenim. Kangin, Kibum, and Ryeowook just watch their oldest Brother holds their precious raven from sideline before they also launch to get a hold of their favourite Hyung. After lots of pushes, mock punches, and lots of yelling mostly from Heechul, everyone get a hold of Jongwoon.
“Are you tired Woonie Hyung?” Kangin reaches out for his Baby Hyung, when he sees Jongwoon yawns. Jongwoon nods sleepily and stands up to go to his bedroom. The Brothers follow suit and accompany Jongwoon to his bedroom to tuck him in.
“Good night Jongwoonie. Have a nice dream,” Heechul says and kiss Jongwoon’s forehead. Jongwoon smiles sweetly at his Brothers. Kangin, Kibum and Ryeowook kiss Jongwoon’s forehead after Heechul and they leave after another “Good night”.

Jongwoon just started to drift into the dreamland, with lots of clouds and lots of music, when his phone is ringing crazily. Jongwoon sleepily searches for his phone and almost cusses when he can’t find his phone. After another search, he finds his phone, laying lazily on top his layers of blanket. With a heavy sigh, Jongwoon picks up the call.
“Yeob...s..yo.”
“Jongwoon-ah?”
Jongwoon, eyes still closed, nods his head, until he hazily remember he must answer. “Yeah. Who’s it?”
“Are you asleep Jongwoon-ah? You sound so sleepy.”
“Yes, I’m asleep now,” Jongwoon answers still with his eyes closed,” Who am I talking to?”
“Jongwoon-ah, how can you forget about me?” the caller is anything but screeching and that’s causing Jongwoon’s eyes to snap wide open. He looks at his phone, but he can’t recognize the numbers shown there.
“I’m sorry, but I really don’t have any idea who is it.”
Jongwoon-ah, we have a plan next Friday.” Jongwoon frowns when he hears the whine. He takes his time to remember about who he’s having a plan on next Friday and he literally jumps out of the bed.
“Sungmin Sunbae!”
“Bingo! How can you forget about me and our plan Jongwoon-ah?”
“I’m so sorry Sunbae. I really am, but you call me at...10 o’clock in the night, when I’m off to dreamland,” Jongwoon slightly scolds the senior,” BTW, how did you get my phone number?”
Sungmin laughs guiltily,” I’m sorry Jongwoon-ah, but I just finish cleaning up my dojo, so I just have time now to call you.”
“Oh, it’s okay Sunbae. I understand now. So what’s so urgent that you call me so late Sunbae?” Jongwoon jumps back to his bed and slides under his blankets once again.
“Oh, right. About our plan next Friday, how about we start at 4 p.m?”
“Err..Sunbae, can we start at maybe 4.20 or 4.30 instead? My class will be finished shortly before 4 p.m.”
“Hmm..Very well then. We’ll start at 4.30 p.m. So, I’ll see you at the Gym next Friday on 4.30 p.m?”
“OK, Sunbae. I’ll see you there. Oh, BTW, good night Sungmin Sunbae, havea sweet dream.”
“Sweet dream to you too Jongwoon-ah.”
After that phone call, Jongwoon sets his phone into silent mode before someone calls him again and disturbs his deserved rest.


Friday comes so fast, and Jongwoon’s getting busy with the preparation for audition next week. Everyone in the Music Department is running in havoc because the competition is getting closer, the audition is getting more vigorous, because now Music Department has 4 candidates to go to the competition, and everyone really focuses on these 4, making the burden even heavier for anyone, except for Jongwoon, who just glides merrily and smiles brightly everytime.
“Woonie Hyung, you really don’t feel the pressure?” Henry asks when they have lunch. Jongwoon, with seafood fried rice lays deliciously in front of him, courtesy of Hangeng, just looks blankly at the chubby cheeks boy.
“What pressure are you talking about Henry-ah?” Jongwoon asks, reaching for his strawberry smoothies. Ryeowook and Henry just snort and shake their heads. Leave it to Jongwoon to just feel at ease when everyone in Music Department is worrying their heads off.

“About the competition Hyungie,” Ryeowook sighs exasperatedly. How can his Hyungie forget about the audition and competition that’s drawing near? Jongwoon just shrugs casually.
“The competition is still next month, and we still have plenty of time to prepare,” Jongwoon calms his wary cousin. Music Department can’t afford to have one of their best talents to get a mental breakdown long way before the competition even started.
“Oh, btw guys. Today after my classes, I need to go to the Gym,” Jongwoon starts to explain. All heads suddenly turn to him, making him flustered.
“Why do you have to go to the Gym Hyung?” Kangin asks the flustered Jongwoon. Jongwoon just grins sheepishly. There’s no way in the world his brothers and cousins will allow him to have a martial arts lesson, so he needs to walk around his white lie.
“Youngwoonie, the competition is getting closer, of course I need to prepare my stamina. That’s why I need to go to Gym to work out,” Jongwoon explains, excluding the detail about martial arts lesson,” And I haven’t gone to the Gym for almost a year.” The Brothers look at each other and start to voice out their objection but it turns out they come face to face with a pleading kicked puppy face and they feel their heads nod before they know it.
“YAAY!! Thank you guys!! I will be finish at 5 p.m.” Jongwoon adds and hurriedly finish his fried rice. The Brothers just smile in resignation and plan to keep a closer look to the Gym area, to keep it void from the 3 suspects in their black list (You miss the bunny guys).


Lee Sungmin rushes from his class to go to the Gym to prepare his first martial arts lesson with Kim Jongwoon. This morning he woke up with a high spirit, that his brother looked at him almost scarily, because from the moment he woke up until he was ready to have breakfast, a big grin plastered on his face. He doesn’t even pay attention to Mr. Shin’s explanation because he’s busy looking at his watch every 5 minutes, and when the bell rings, he’s the first, even before Mr. Shin, to go out of the class and runs with all his might to the Gym.

“OMG!! *pants*No..I know..how far my...class..to the Gym,” Sungmin pants, and heaves all the way. When he arrives at the Gym, the place is still deserted . Silly Sungmin, it’s still 3 p.m. Sungmin huffs and slides down, calming his breath.
“Hmm...What kind of lesson should I teach Jongwoonie?” Sungmin ponders, prancing back and forth on the mate,” Maybe just something simple and easy first.”
In the end, Sungmin spends 1 hour and 40 minutes to have a monologue about how and what method to teach Jongwoon, when the door’s opened, revealing a flustered Kim Jongwoon.

“Sungmin Sunbae, I’m sorry, I’m late,” Jongwoon rushes to Sungmin, who’s leaning to the wall. Sungmin stands up and smiles brightly at the raven.
“Jongwoonie!! What took you so long?” Sungmin whines, drags the pouting Jongwoon to the mate. “We only have less than 20 minutes, so I just want to know how much you know about simple self defence.” Jongwoon nods and follows every little thing Sungmin says.
“OK. Now, I want you to put all of your strength and hit me,” Sungmin says cooly. Jongwoon just stand there with mouth agape. Is he crazy? Why in the world does he ask me to hit him? Jongwoon frowns.

“Err...Sungmin Sunbae, I don’t think that’s a good idea,” Jongwoon bluntly refuses. He comes to learn some basic self defence, not to hit randomly. Sungmin just grins assuringly.
“It’s ok,” Sungmin assures,” Come, now try to hit me.” Jongwoon, still hesitate, moves in front of Sungmin, and put his fightinf stance. Sungmin just nods and gets ready to take a hit. And here comes the hit. Even when Jongwoon puts all his strength to hit, Sungmin’s still able to block it.
“Not bad Jongwoon-ah,” Sungmin praises,” You can pack a hit. Now you need to focus more on hitting the target. Try again.” For about 20 minutes, Jongwoon learns how to throw a punch with focus and power. In the end of the practice, Jongwoon, despite just throwing punches, slides down and lies down on the mate.

“Here, drink it,” Sungmin hands out a water bottle to Jongwoon. Jongwoon gladly receives nad gulps down almost half of the content. Who knows practicing martial arts can be so tiring. Jongwoon gives back the water bottlw to Sungmin, who finishes all the content.
“How is it? Is it fun?” Sungmin asks, sitting down next to the sprawled Jongwoon. Even with his heaving, Jongwoon nods happily.
“Next week we will try how to block a hit,” Sungmin says happily. Jongwoon instantly agrees, and sits up slowly.
“OK Sungmin Sunbae,” Jongwoon starts,” It’s a bit late now. Let’s go home Sunbae.” Sungmin nods and cleans after the mess they manage to make.
“You can go home first Jongwoon-ah. I need to go to the Studio,” Sungmin says,” My friends are waiting for me there.” Jongwoon nods, and walks out the door after bidding his farewell.

At Music Room,

Heechul, Kangin, Kibum and Ryeowook patiently wait for Jongwoon to come back. They already told him to go straight to Music Room after he finishes exercising. That’s been 2 hours ago, and still there’s no sign of Jongwoon. To break the anxiety, Ryeowook decides to play a song he composed together with Henry and Jongwoon. The least it can do is to calm the seething Diva.
“Kibummie, can you call him again please,” Heechul asks impatiently. Kibum pulls out his phone and push no 2 on the speed dial and waits.
“Yeoboseyo.”
“Woonie Hyung, are you finished?”
“Kibummie!! Oh, yes, I’m finished. I’m on my way now to the Music Room.”
“Oh, you’re already on your way. Just wait where you are now. We’ll come and get you.”
“Oh, OK then. I’m in front of the Main Building, right under the Clock Tower.”
“Understood Hyung. We’ll be there a s a p. Don’t move anywhere.”
“OK Kibummie.”

“He’s already finished Hyung,” Kibum informs,” He’s waiting at the Clock Tower.” Heechul leads the Brother to pick their precious jewel before some evil force find him and do something bad. The distance from Music Room to the Clock Tower, which usually takes 10 minutes, now it’s reached within 3 minutes thanks to the Brother’s super speed. There, under the Clock Tower, stands their Jongwoonie, stands aslone and plays with his phone. He only looks up when Ryeowook rushes to him.
“Woonie Hyung!” Ryeowook calls out. Jongwoon looks up and smiles brightly at his cousin.
“Wookie,” Jongwoon catches the blurry giraffe and ruffles his hair. Ryeowook smiles brightly and leads Jongwoon to where the rest are.
“Ready to go home Woonie-ah? Heechul takes hold of Jongwoon’s baby hand and leads all of them to the parking lot.
“Yes Heenim,” Jongwoon answers,” I’m so hungry, exercise makes me hungry.” Heechul nods and after all the Brothers get inside the car, Heechul drives away. Jongwoon leisurely leans on Kangin and puts his head on his Big little brother’s shoulder, ready to close his eyes, when his phone buzzes, signalling an incoming message.

Meet me at the Park tomorrow. Better be there or beware."

TBC.

A/N: This is the next chap. The first lesson is begun :D Hope you all like it, but i won't be so surprised if you don't hehehe..Well, if you happen to stumble upon it, comments and critics are always appreciated :D