Beware of the Brothers, Mr. Evil

Meet The Kim

OMG!! Why am I doing this? Jongwoon ponders slightly. He’s not the one to lie about something to anyone, especially to his brothers, but this time he was lying to them. He looks around the park for any sign of his brothers, and sighs in relieve when he finds none.
That evil incarnation made me a liar, Jongwoon cusses silently. He walks to the place where he’s supposed to meet with that Evil. Why should I go? It’s not like he’ll be here. Maybe he’s just teasing me like always, Jongwoon thinks, still looking for the familiar face who requested, no, demanded him to go to the park near the campus last night. And because of that, he has to lie to his brothers, and said that he’s going to some music store with his friends after school. He’s not a good liar mind you, so he’s stuttered and stammered all the way through his lies. And even if his brothers really know that he was lying, they’re not showing it (they will be stalking him like some ninjas).

“KIM JONG WOON!! Over here!!” The Evil incarnation, the bratty Music Club member, and the bane of The Kims existence, Cho Kyuhyun shouts when he finally sees the Music Club’s Leader, looking like a lost kid in the park. Jongwoon looks to where the sounds come from and walks to where Kyuhyun sits with a can of coke in his hand. When Jongwoon sits beside him, Kyuhyun gives the coke. Jongwoon just mumbles,”Thank you” and drink it.
“Err..W-what are we doing here Kyu?” Jongwoon asks, a little wary to be alone with this Evil boy. Kyuhyun just smiles cheekily at him, not answering his question. Jongwoon’s getting more jumpy than before. He scoots a little further from Kyuhyun’s grasp. Kyuhyun, realising how the cute boy next to him moves a little far from here just chuckles. What does he think I will do to him? It’s a public place, Kyuhyun snickers. Well, that doesn’t stop him from doing what he did to Jongwoon at school, which is also a public place, so Jongwoon has every right to be scare. It’s all started from the text last night.

Flashback

Jongwoon opened the text message in his phone and his sleepy eyes turned wide. OMG!!! How in the world he can get my phone number? Jongwoon started panicking. The text came from the one and only person that always make him jumpy and wary.

“Jongwoonie, tomorrow you have to go to the park near campus at exactly 3 p.m. I know your class ends at 2.20 p.m. You better be there, or else. GameKyu ^_^ “

What in the world does he think? And how can he get my phone number? AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!! This boy is really Evil. Jongwoon thought about declining the request when his phone buzzed again, to inform him there was an incoming phone call.

“Yeoboseyo.”
“Hi, Jongwoonie.” Jongwoon almost dropped his phone when he heard the familiar voice.
“H-Hello Kyuhyun. Is there something wrong?”
“Nothing’s wrong Jongwoonie. I just want to remind you about tomorrow.”
“T-tomorrow? What’s with tomorrow?” Jongwoon pretended to be as clueless as possible, so maybe Kyuhyun would let him go. Obviously not working, since Kyuhyun just chuckled knowingly.
“Not going to work Jongwoonie. You better be there at 3 p.m or bear the consequences.”
Jongwoon could only sigh in resignation,” OK. I’ll be there tomorrow.”
“Great!! Don’t be late Jongwoonie, or our next Music Club will be...exciting.” And he hung up. Jongwoon just slammed his body down to his bed and pulled the comforter up to his head and groaned.


That’s the reason why Jongwoon’s here now, sitting beside his bane of existence, his source of sleepless night last night. And this morning he had to tell some stupid lies to his brothers and parent about he’d be going to a music store with his friends. And now the Evil incarnation next to him just sits there smiling brightly and not answering his question, until a new person comes to them.
“Kyuhyun-ah, I’m sorry I’m late. I had loads of important things to do”
Jongwoon looks up and see a man around his height with a bright brown hair that neatly styled, and sunglasses on top of his head. A big guffy smile plasters on his face, radiating faked innocence.
“Flirting around with some random people are NOT important thing Xiah,” Kyu scolds the man, while the object just grins innocently.

“Well, it’s one of those important thing I need to do first,” the man called “Xiah” answers cooly. Kyuhyun just snorted and stands up to pull the man into a brotherly hug. Jongwoon just sits there and watch in amazement. “Xiah” finally lets go and looks down to him and lifts his perfectly shape brows. Kyuhyun realizing where the older man is looking at, flicks the man’s forehead.
“He’s off limit,” Kyuhyun states in a matter of fact and pull Jongwoon up,” This is Kim Jongwoon. And this is my cousin Junsu, but you can just call him Xiah.” Kyuhyun introduces both boys. Junsu, upon hearing the name, smile brightly at Jongwoon while Jongwoon just bows politely and smiles timidly.

“So this is the infamous Kim Jongwoon I’ve been hearing about,” Junsu says excitedly,” Nice to finally meet you Jongwoon-ah. I’ve been hearing things about you from all of my cousins. As a matter of fact, Ahra, Kyuhyun’s sister, keeps on blabbering about you. Well of course this boy right here also and...”
Jongwoon just stand there, mouth agape and eyes widen in bemusement as the man in front of him keeps on rambling with all excitement. Kyuhyun on the other hand, is badly annoyed at his cousin. He’s not telling him to come here to blabber something silly and embarrassing like that. He’s CHO KYUHYUN for crying out loud, and THE CHO KYUHYUN doesn’t swoon and coo at the other, especially at the cute raven lock boy standing next to him.

“YAH!! Xiah Junsu!! Cut the blabbering nonsense will you!” Kyuhyun snarls at his cousin. Junsu just looks at Kyuhyun in an odd way, but at least he stops talking about how Ahra gets a massive fangirl attack every night, and how Kyuhyun always listens to Jongwoon’s voice to sleep. GOD! How he hate his loose lips cousin.
“Back to business. I need you to be a judge,” Kyuhyun says, not leaving room for argument, and Junsu knows better than to argue with his Evil cousin. It’s Jongwoon who looks at Kyuhyun confusedly.
“Judge? Are going to be in a competition Kyu?” Jongwoon asks, curiosity draws in his face. Kyuhyun just sighs and decide to just ignore the question.
“My cousin here is a vocal trainer, a very good one at that,” Kyuhyun explains to Jongwoon, glances at Junsu, and snorts with a smug expression on the older man’s face,”Of course Mr. Park is still A WHOLE LOT BETTER than him, but for now he will do.” Kyuhyun just smirks when he sees how Junsu frown upon hearing someone’s better than him. The cousins are pot and kettle.

“OK..But what am I supposed to do here? Cheer you up for the competition?” Jongwoon asks again, confusion’s written all over his face, and Kyuhyun holds his urge to face-palm and just pinches Jongwoon’s chubby cheeks. Junsu just look back and forth and snorts when he sees that his cousin is rendered helpless in Jongwoon’s tiny little hand.
“No. We’re going to do what we’ve been doing for almost two weeks back in the school, in that abandone classroom,” Kyuhyun explains with so much patience he doesn’t know he has. Jongwoon finally understand why Kyuhyun wanted him to be there, just looks at the boy dumbfoundedly. AGAIN?! FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! Jongwoon shouts mentally.

“Kyu, we don’t need to do this over and over again. And we don’t need to drag your cousin into this..I don’t even know what to call this,” Jongwoon starts slowly trying to convince the boy that it is really unnecessary,” I already told you, you have a great voice, and I really mean it. “
Junsu just shakes his head when his evil cousin intercepts and just forces Jongwoon to just follow suit. He knows his cousin inside out, that he doesn’t stand being the second best, especially in singing. That’s why the word “GREAT” is unacceptable.
“OK. Let’s do this boys. I don’t have much time,” Junsu claps his hands to cut the argument that’s about to rise and sit down on the bench previously sat by Kyuhyun and Jongwoon. Kyuhyun smiles in victory, while Jongwoon slumps his shoulders and nods.

“What are you going to sing?” Junsu asks, eyeing both boys. Jongwoon just mumbles,” Any song will do Hyung.”
“We’re going to sing the same song today, so it’ll be easier for you Xiah,” Kyuhyun says, receive a nod from Junsu and a shrug from Jongwoon. Jongwoon just want it to be over with, and goes home before his brothers flip out.
“OK then. Who’s going to start first?” Junsu asks again, leaning back to the bench. If he’s going to be the judge of this silly competition his stubborn cousin made, at least he has to be comfortable. Actually he’s quite curios about this cute raven lock boy that brings out the fierce competition spirit from his cousin. Of course he had heard his cousin, Ahra, blabbering about the most greatest (is that even words) voice she ever heard, completely forgot that she’s the biggest fan of his evil bratty brother.
“Let Jongwoon start first,” Kyuhyun says and take a seat beside his cousin. Jongwoon just sighs and nods.
“OK, the song is ‘It Has To Be You’,”Kyuhyun speaks again. Jongwoon just nods and stands in front of the two cousins. After a deep breath and pulling out his emotion in his interpretation of the song, he sings. And the two cousins, sit there with their jaws drop.


At the Kim’s residence,

Music Store my . Hell to the No I’m buying that reason, Heechul muses silently while watching TV in the living room. His brother and cousins also have the same expression on their faces. Feeling really anxious, Kangin stands up and prances around the living room.
“Hyung, I can’t wait any longer. I don’t even buy that Woonie Hyung go to the Music Store,” Kangin says, still prancing around, makes the brothers have a headache.
To be honest, Heechul can't be more agree with what Kangin says, but he has to keep his cool when his brothers are fuming with anxiety, well actually he’s also.
“We’ll wait for 10 minutes more Kanginnie. If Jongwoonie doesn’t call us about his whereabout, we search for him,” Heechul decides,” Bummie, start the car, so we’ll get ready to go by then.”
Kibummie, with a nod, runs straight to the garage and starts the engine, while Heechul, Kangin and Ryeowook go to their respective room to change their clothes.

10 minutes later, they still haven’t got a call from their precious Jongwoonie, so they rush to the car and search for Jongwoon in his usual places to go, when Ryeowook screeches,” There he is!! He’s at the park near the campus!!”
Kangin steps on the break so suddenly, almost causing a chained collision, and got some angry honking from the drivers behind the car.
“Are you sure Wookie-ah?” Heechul asks the youngest. Ryeowook just nods and hand him the binoculars he holds (These brothers are totally hopeless. Binoculars for crying out loud). Heechul grabs the bino and looks to the park direction, and indeed, there he is, their precious Jongwoonie, standing in front of two people, looks like he’s singing. Everyone takes turn to look at to the park when they recognize the familiar face and all hell break loose.

“HELL NO!!! THAT’S CHO FREAKING JERK KYUHYUN!!”

TBC.

A/N: I update it!! It feels good to manage this update, b'coz next week, I won't be able to do such things. Since I wrote this when I also made my presentation, I'm sorry if you find some typos. Well, if you happen to stumble upon it, comments and critics will be appreciated :D