The Blind Side ~ 9

The Blind Side

“I told you, I don’t want your ing promotions or ads!” L. Joe snarled.

Sae Rim stood there, unmoving and quiet. For the third time today, she had tried to approach Lee Byung Hun at his multi-million dollar penthouse but every single time, he had yelled at her and waved for her to leave.

She cocked her head to the side. Usually, like the past two times, the door would have slammed shut now, but there was simply silence.

L. Joe stood in front of her, just watching. Something was wrong with that girl. The way she had her big black glasses on and back pack while standing there and being forever persistent really unnerved him.

Smiling, she bowed her head. She could hear his breathing in front of her and was secretly delighted that he had conceded.

“Yah. What’s your name? Are you homeless because don’t expect me to give you any place to stay.” Once that had slipped out of his mouth, L. Joe sighed.

He ran a hand through his tousled hair. He wasn’t cruel, but he seriously had some urgent work to do and just having the thought of some creepy girl at his front door put him off.

“Kang Sae Rim.”

L.Joe took a step back. As a music producer, the first thing he had thought of was how nice and soft her voice was. “What do you need?” but still, she was a stranger.

Sae Rim squared her shoulders. She could tell that this was her only chance, considering the type of aggravating personality the man had.

“Your friend Bang Minsoo-shi told me where you lived, and so here I am. Uhm,” she swallowed, suddenly feeling unprepared.

L.Joe sighed and asked her to come in. He could tell this was going to be a long conversation from the way she was hesitating and it was getting cold anyway. There were goosebumps starting to appear on the both of them.

“L-like I said, my name is Kang Sae Rim, Lee Byung Hun-ssi, and I need to talk to you about something really important.”

Only when he led her to the couch did he realise that she was blind. He carefully assessed the way she talked, walked and dressed and surmised with an amused expression on his face that she wasn’t homeless after all.

“Do you… by any chance remember Lee Chanhee?”

She didn’t need an answer; his sharp intake of breath was enough.

“Of course, we were-“ he swallowed the lump in his throat, “we were in a band together.”

Suddenly, he grabbed her arms and quickly pushed her out of the door, ignoring her protests and small shrieks at his roughness.

To be honest, Byunghun was terrified of the girl. She looked around her mid-teenage years and yet she was the first one in years apart from the Teen Top members themselves to bring up Chanhee. He didn’t want such memories to be surfaced, especially by some blind stranger.

With shaking hands, he bolted the door shut and quickly walked into his room, taking out his new mobile.

“Hyung.” He quickly relayed what had just happened to his hyung Minsoo, hoping that it was just some sick joke.

Minsoo was quiet. “Open the door for her Byung-hun.” He commanded, sending L. Joe’s head into frenzy.

“Mwoyah? Waegurae? She’s ing bringing up Chunji! It’s been sixteen damn years and she is only like what, sixteen years old? How could she know any of this or get your name? Girls these days are all gaga over boys their age, not men in their thirties!”

He was trying not to completely blow up.

L. Joe was a man who lived with order. He and his girlfriend were going to get married in just a few months time and he hadn’t even broken it to his best friends yet. He always had his day planned out perfectly with absolutely no interruptions.

This girl, this person was messing it all up.

“I know Byunghun. I’m outside your door now and she freezing to death. Open your stupid door.”

Though it had been a good decade and a half since the disbandment of Teen Top, the other four members still obeyed their leader ‘CAP’ without question.

L. Joe shuffled to the door and opened it, unconsciously leaning away from Sae Rim as she entered once again, shaking slightly.

“Ah jesus.” He sighed and went to go get a towel and a warm woollen comforter.

He dumped it on the coffee table when he was back and ignored the glare Minsoo shot him. He watched as his hyung carefully placed it over Sae Rim and whispered a few words in her ear.

“So what is this?” L.Joe narrowed his eyes. “Hyung, you don’t seem like the type to date teens. And besides, what happened to DuJuen?”

Minsoo swore at his dongsaeng. “Don’t jinx me like that you idiot. I met Sae Rim a few days ago. She has news about Chunji.”

“News?! What news?” L. Joe barked sarcastically. Minsoo smoothed his face with his hand. Out of all of them, L.Joe was the closest to Chunji. The two were often seen having lunch together and became a quick favourite in the fan pairings.

“What’s this all about?”

Minsoo looked at Sae Rim. “I think I’d better explain.”

-

L.Joe was his in bedroom, staring at his hands.

Such information was too much for him to handle. His girlfriend Hana came home little after they had finished talking and Minsoo had quickly filled her in on the situation.

“Here babe.” He thanked her quietly and took the warm mug from her hands.

Hana stared at her fiancé. She could tell he was deep in thought and in shock, but she needed to try and coax him out of it.

“Tell me what you think.”

She was alarmed when fat tears rolled out of his eyes. She got onto her knees in front of him and tried to wipe them away though her own tears were appearing.

Hana had never seen L.Joe cry before. He had always said that crying was a sign of weakness. She knew about Chunji’s death, hell, she was a fangirl and was devastated when the news broke. She could never feel the amount of pain, confusion and hurt he was feeling now.

“Why now?” his voice broke.

Hana took a seat next to him and cradled his head in her arms. “We’re getting married; hyung and the others all have wives, girlfriends, families. Chanhee… what is this?” The confusion in his voice mirrored her own.

“It’s not possible.”

Minsoo had warned her about this; the denial.

She had denied it too, but Minsoo had surprised everyone by saying that he had one hundred percent faith in the girl Sae Rim, and seeing as Minsoo was like an older brother to her, she knew better than to doubt him.

“I know babe, I know.”

L. Joe sat up, wiped his tears and pressed a kiss to her lips.

He breathed against her face and whispered, “I need to call Ricky.”