The Blind Side ~ 12

The Blind Side

 

Her hands dropped to her side.

 

“And what’s that supposed to mean?” she asked, although she very well knew.

 

Chanhee’s fingers knotted in her hair and she closed her eyes, succumbing herself to the darkness she had known all her life.

 

“It means I’m going to heaven baby. I’ve been here for sixteen to seventeen years and I’m finally moving on.”

 

There was a hidden joy that she detected and fear washed over her.

 

“And what about me?” she asked, quite loudly.

 

Her fingers balled into fists and Sae Rim glared at him. Her eyes weren’t wet. She refused to cry.

 

“What about me? What- what happens to me when you go? Do I just stay here by myself now? Why do you need to go now? How could you do this? Can’t you stay?” she pelted him with questions.

 

Chanhee caught her wrists and gave her a firm look.

 

“God decides when I leave. Only God knows and that saying is correct in this sense.”

 

He sighed and lowered his head. “I don’t know what we’re going to do baby.”

 

“I don’t know how to stop him from taking me.”

 

Sae Rim’s lip wobbled and she burst into sobs and clutched at his shirt. 

 

“But you can’t go! I won’t let you! What about your friends? They won’t believe it and they’ll think that I made you up and that I’m some kind of stupid stalker girl. Chanhee!” she bawled.

 

He said nothing and her hair, his own heart squeezing itself.

 

-

 

“Baby.” He said.

 

She nodded, she knew what was happening.

 

The breeze came again and her vision blurred. Chanhee’s face grew misty and before she faded away into darkness once more she saw his face fall.

 

For the first time since she met him, she left and walked back into the light without looking back to him.

 

-

 

Sae Rim sat up and sighed loudly.

 

It was morning, and she had school to go to.

 

As she was dressing and washing her face, she thought. It wasn’t Chanhee’s fault although she was certainly quite vexed and angry.

 

It was unfair, and for the first time ever, she really felt like breaking something. 

 

Sarcasm and bitterness filled her and she almost laughed out loud. “The first time I see someone and he has to leave. F…f… far out.” She couldn’t bring herself to swear. 

 

She would be swearing at Chanhee and she couldn’t do that.

 

Sae Rim pounded her fists against the sink, hard enough to make loudly thumping sounds but not hard enough to hurt her.

 

“No no no no no!” her fists thumped her head and she gritted her teeth before loudly giving the cupboard a big kick

 

The sound echoed and her brother ran in.

 

“Are you okay?” he hit the door of her bathroom. “Sae Rim?!”

 

Tears dripped down her face and she sobbed loudly and possibly quite unattractively too; was wide open and she slumped onto the toilet seat.

 

“Oppa.” She sobbed, wiping her eyes.

 

But she had no energy to do anything anymore.

 
 
 

 

So I had this written up ago but forgot about it... wtf

Almost done TT