The Blind Side ~ 10

The Blind Side

“So what happened next?” Chanhee toyed with Sae Rim’s hair, listening to her recount of what had happened with L.Joe.

It had slightly scared him, listening to the way his friend reacted. It was not usual that L.Joe lost his temper and it made Chanhee realise just how hard his friends took his death.

It also made him feel lonely.

“A few days later,” he shook himself out of his stupor and listened to his girlfriend. “Ricky-ssi contacted me. He and Minsoo ajusshi had spoken because apparently L.Joe ajusshi had called Ricky freaking out.”

Sae Rim laughed at the memory. “I met Ricky ajusshi. He has a wonderful speaking voice, you know, very elegant.” She felt Chunji laugh at her and she turned around pouting, showing one of her rare aegyo moments.

“What?”

“Two things; Ricky does not have an elegant speaking voice, and two, it’s weird listening to you call them ajusshi. It seems like only yesterday we were still seventeen.” His voice trailed off and Sae Rim looked at him with pity in her eyes.

She pinched his chin playfully and giggled, gaining his attention once more.

“Well now, only Niel and Changjo to go.”

Sae Rim leaned her face on her hand. “Tell me about them oppa.”

“Well…”

And like that, the two spent a whole six hours, just enjoying each other’s presence.

-

One month had quickly passed and soon the last two remaining members knew of Sae Rim and her uncanny relationship with Chunji.

Merely three days ago they had met as a group with her and discussed the situation. She had spoken of moments where they were six and memories of Chanhee’s that he had told her and that all brought tears to the men’s eyes.

Changjo and Niel had suspended their solo and group activities just to take time out to talk to their friends and Sae Rim once more.

For the first time in years, they felt as if they could finally talk about their long lost friend without feeling bitter or depressed.

Many times the men had caught people staring at them, and for good reason too; five large men, quite a few of them still famous, caught talking to a sixteen year old girl.

But Sae Rim wasn’t fazed by any of it. She knew what she had to do in order to convince them of her contact with Chunji, and now that she had their trust, albeit a bit reluctantly, she wasn’t going to do anything to lose it.

The six people shared stories from the predebut days to the days where Teen Top was a household name. Such times were wonderful and Sae Rim relayed the conversations to Chanhee every single night she saw him.

It delighted her to see the warmth and happiness spread across his face like a wildfire once more; it was what she had been waiting for.