The Blind Side ~ 4

The Blind Side

ChanHee dressed in his best, a stunning black suit with matching leather shoes.

It was his custom to go out every day and search for a face, any face that would remind him that there was still some hope that he could return to the normal world.

He saw people’s faces, in his dreams, he saw his friends, Minsoo, Niel, Byunghun, Changhyun and Jonghyun, but whenever he followed their silhouettes, there was nothing.

He could walk right into them and they’d feel nothing. He could scream as loud as he could but it was like they were deaf.

But ChanHee saw her once. This little girl, dressed in a flower print skirt, she was lost and he reached out for her. His heart swelled every time he thought of the girl, but he never saw her again.

ChanHee stepped onto the fountain. His feet went right through the water, and yet, when he touched his pants, they weren’t soaked like they were supposed to be. They were the same. Cold and unforgiving.

He hadn’t felt warmth for a long time now.

Lee ChanHee was all alone as a ghost, no one to accompany him but his thoughts. Sometimes, he wondered whether he was just in a coma and going mad.

But as he saw his friends age in his dreams, he knew he was gone, and he knew there was no going back. It hurt him so much to see that Teen Top had finished just because he had died. He had wanted to badly for the other five to continue on the music created by what was originally the six of them.

However, ghosts can’t do anything.

ChanHee sat on the edge of the fountain and watched the coats, pants, shirts and shoes all walk by, hug each other and move as if they had people in them.

He thought it was always a little bit unnerving, watching all those ‘people’ live without him.

ChanHee looked up.

There was a girl around his age, wearing a dress with the same print he had seen on the little girl a long time ago. He looked at her body, making his way up.

He saw her shimmering hair and gasped. Never had he seen something so lovely.

But wait, he saw her?

ChanHee rose to his feet and steadily moved to her, she was laughing, another girl sitting next to her and helping the girl hold her tea.

He reached out for her, trying to touch her hair, something that would indicate that she was really there, a person whom he could see for the first time.

Her fingers were delicate, and her legs were pale and long. She was beautiful even without having to say anything. She looked up at him and he held his breath. A light frown decorated her face as she looked straight through him.

Straigh through his heart.

Along with the ache of being unknown to her also came the feeling of euphoria.

He held his hand out to her and touched her shoulder, marvelling at the way her body shuddered and at the way her eyes searched for something unknown to her senses.

ChanHee smiled.

A hot, searing feeling shot through his hands and went through his body, making him laugh in wonder.

He smiled for the first time in years, he knew he had found the girl he was wondering about for so long.

He knew she was the one that was meant to be for him.

And how did he know this?

He felt her warmth.