The Blind Side ~ 3

The Blind Side

“Oppa, tell me where we are!” Sae Rim screamed, clutching on to her brother’s arm while laughing as he pulled her along.

He placed her lightly on something loosed and she smiled.

“Why are we at the park?” she started to swing back and forth, with the help of her brother.

Sae Rim loved the park, it was on the swing that she felt she had the most freedom, the gentle rocking was just like her mother doing that to her when she was younger, when she was just a little baby.

Her brother just laughed louder and pushed her harder.

Suddenly, she felt the bottom of the swing leave her backside and she was soaring through the air, and she knew she was going to fall.

Sae Rim screamed out for her oppa, and heard him yell before she fell on the ground and passed out cold.

~

Sae Rim opened her eyes, she could see white everywhere, unlike the black it usually was.

There was a swing, the silver chains glinting in the sunshine.

She smiled and clapped her hands in glee, she could see!

But something was wrong. Sae Rim looked around for her oppa, but he wasn’t there. Tears began to run down her pretty little face and she crouched on the floor, sobbing in fear.

A hand was placed on her arm and she looked up. A boy of around eighteen smiled down at her, his wide eye smile almost blinding her.

Even though Sae Rim was only eight, she knew she was in love.

The way his eyes looked at her made her melt.

Everything about him she knew in one moment.

“Your name is…”

~

Sae Rim gasped and sat up in a pool of her own sweat. As usual, she could see nothing but she knew she was awake.

She had been dreaming about the boy for countless years, but this time it happened every night for the past fortnight.

Her ears heard a door open and she heard the shuffling of her brother’s feet. “Sae Rim. Are you alright?” he asked her and wiped her forehead.

She smiled as widely as she could and nodded. “Go to sleep oppa. I’m okay.” He kissed her on the forehead and closed the door.

Lying back on her bed, Sae Rim sighed and frowned lightly.

The dream always ended with his name almost coming out of but never actually coming out.

Sae Rim closed her eyes and drifted back to sleep.

I can see you.