First Meeting and Already Falling

I'm Only Shy on the Outside!

 

I stood there staring. I only realized when I felt my arms getting weaker by the second from holding the history textbook I had forgotten I was holding. I don't think I can hold it for much longer, it's pretty heavy... Anyways...
 
 
In front of me was a male student I had never seen before... Was he new or had I just never crossed paths with him before? He was tall, very tall. He was probably one of the tallest I've seen at this school (from the past... year). His blondish-brown hair was swept to the side and sunlight shone on his face as he looked out the window without a care in the world, and I could help but wonder... Who was he and... What he was doing out of class? He couldn't possibly be lost as I am because he was  just standing there! Many more thoughts about this mysterious, unnamed student ran through my head when... 
He turned to me. I snapped out of my thoughts and stood there, wide eyed and surprised. He was actually... Good looking once I got a better look. But... How did he notice I was here? 
 
After a moment of silence he finally spoke up in a deep voice, "Who are you?" I was surprised at how deep his voice was. Just by looking at his face you wouldn't expect it to be that deep...
 
I stopped my thoughts, for the what, third, forth time? I stiffened once I saw his eyes on me and blinked my eyes. I slowly brought one arm up and pointed at myself. Was he talking to me? He chuckled. Of course he was HyeRi! You two are the only ones here! I silently scolded myself when suddenly the laughs grew louder. I jumped up startled and my book quickly dropped to the floor creating a loud 'thud'. I once again was surprised, by the noise, and fell to the ground. I let out a squeak as my bottom hit the cold floor, sending more pain through out my body... Wow, I'm really getting hurt a lot today... At least it's not bad. His laughs only grew louder and my head automaticity went down, my face burning up. I looked at all scratches and marks on the floor from years of student running across it, which was not very entertaining to look at, but I just didn't want to look at him. Then I couldn't help wondering why the teachers in the rooms near us didn't hear us and march out here, ready to give us detention. His laughter started to dim down, and I couldn't  lift up my face to him anymore. I had just embarrassed myself in front of a stranger! 
 
"You're really cute and funny... So, what are you doing out of class?" the still unnamed student asked. 
 
I slowly stood up, ignoring the pain, and pouted. I fell to the ground and I'm funny? Did he enjoy my pain? ...Wait. Cute?! I grabbed my book, and dusted my clothes off with my hands. I pretended not to care, although my flustered facial expression probably gave it away (also the fact that I was avoiding his gaze) in the inside I was freaking out, I was surprised and embarrassed. I hesitated to reply. I opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out, and my mouth was shut again. There was a long, awkward moment of silence. I didn't like the idea of talking to strangers, but... "I'm lost," I said, barely above a whisper. I was surprised, my words actually came out... I actually replied to this random stranger. I wonder if he heard me... I slowly looked up to see him looking at me. My line of sight went straight back to my shoes, my face was burning up, but I doubt I was red, I never became red. I think... 
 
"Well, what class do you have? You know you're really late, right?" 
 
I mustered up all my courage and replied, "O-of course I know that...! W-why aren't you in class?" 
 
"Me? Well... I was watching the people out playing sports through this window, spaced out, and lost track of time... I guess," he said in a friendly tone and let out a chuckle. 
 
Could someone really do that? Space out and lose track of time, for about fifty minutes now, while the sound of shuffling of footsteps, loud voices, and slamming lockers are behind him? That's... Amazing. "Wow... Is that even possible?" I barely breathed out. 
 
"Yeah," he laughed. "So, about your class, which classroom is it? You barely have any time until class ends you know," he said as he glanced at his watch. 
 
How could he hear me? Usually no one can... His hearing is amazing, above average. I snapped out of my thoughts, once again. Wow, I do that a lot... I looked up and sighed, I knew he wouldn't leave me alone now and... Wait. We don't even know each other's names! I looked at him, wondering when he would speak up, because I obviously wasn't responding well...
 
"Oh yeah, I forgot, I'm Park Chanyeol! And you?" 
 
I was relieved. Now I didn't have to ask... But now I have to reply. "K-Kim HyeRi." 
 
"That's a nice name," he said with a smile. 
 
"R-really?"
 
"Yeah." 
 
Park Chanyeol... 
 
---
 
Updated again~! Wow, my story is getting nowhere... =___= I hope this is okay... This chapter is so short, again! I'll try writing longer ones... ^^" Thanks for reading~!