A Lunchtime Full of Glares

I'm Only Shy on the Outside!

 

Okay, If you read chapter 6 the first day I uploaded it... I changed chapter 6 a bit... Kyungsoo is now the same age as HyeRi, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol. 
 
--- 
 
... It was lunch. 
 
I awkwardly walked around the lunch tables, my lunch in my hands. I walked back and forth, probably looking like an idiot that had nowhere to go. Well... I basically was. I had no idea where to sit... I couldn't find Eunhye or- wait. Never mind. Found them... Now what...? 
 
I hesitantly walked towards the table, only to retreat after taking five steps. I took a deep breath in , and walked over again and... Just awkwardly stood five feet away from the table. Luckily for me, Kyungsoo turned around and spotted me, telling me to join them. I silently walked over, I could see the angry glares from their fangirls as I did. I slowly sat in between Chanyeol and JoonMyeon, still seeing the jealous stares from the corners of my eyes. I carefully placed my lunch down and stiffly sat there. I felt uncomfortable, but tried to ignore them... I watched as the boys stuffed their mouths with food then continued to stare at my lunch, deciding I wasn't that hungry. 
 
"Hey, why aren't you eating your food?" Chanyeol asked as he noticed my untouched lunch. 
 
"E-eh? Oh, I'm not that hungry..."
 
"Noona, I'll eat it for you!" Sehun offered. 
 
"Yah, just eat your own food!" Kyungsoo scolded him. 
 
"Well she said she didn't want it..." Sehun mumbled to himself. 
 
"No, it's okay. You can have it if you want," I said to Sehun. 
 
"Really?" 
 
"Yea-" 
 
"No! HyeRi-ah, you have to eat your food! You'll be hungry later," Kyungsoo said. 
 
"Hyung~!" Sehun whined. "Please~?"
 
"Sehun, HyeRi has to eat! Now stop whining and eat your own food, you have enough! If you eat too much, you'll gain weight and your fangirls will leave you." 
 
"Hyung, how could you say that~?" Sehun continued to whine. "I won't gain that much weight from a little extra food!" 
 
HyeRi continued to sit awkwardly in the middle of the argument.
 
"Do you see how skinny HyeRi is?" Kyungsoo replied, not giving in. "HyeRi-ah, just eat a little, neh?" 
 
"N-neh... Sorry Sehun-sshi," HyeRi replied, timidly.
 
"It's okay, I'll live and... Why 'sshi'? You can just call me 'Sehun-ah'! After all, you're older than me!" 
 
"A-ah, okay..." 
 
 She slowly began to eat as Kyungsoo watched, making sure she actually ate. 
 
"HyeRi-ah, we're all friends, right?" JoonMyeon suddenly asked. 
 
"... I guess?" I replied, not wanting to be rude. 
 
"Great!" He smiled. Random... 
 
"HyeRi, what class do you have next?" Baekhyun finally spoke up. 
 
"H-huh? Oh, um..." I trailed off as I tried to recall. "Math with Jung seonsaengnim...?" 
 
"Hm, okay!" ... Okay then... Does this group like to ask random questions? 
 
I looked around the table. Jongin stayed completely silent throughout lunch... I don't have the courage to start a conversation, not that I cared anyway. 
 
... Where was Eunhye? I looked around, but couldn't find her. I continued to look without any success.  
 
"Who are you looking for?" Chanyeol asked.
 
"Huh? Oh... No one." 
 
Soon lunch ended. 
 
"HyeRi, let's eat lunch together tomorrow, neh?" Baekhyun asked, nicely. 
 
"Yeah, it was fun with you around!" Kyungsoo said. 
 
"Okay..." I replied. 
 
"Yeah right, it's the same with or without her. She doesn't even talk that much, how's she fun?" Jongin muttered. 
 
Yeah... I have a feeling he doesn't like me. 
 
"Kim Jongin, don't be rude!" Kyungsoo said. 
 
Jongin rolled his eyes. 
 
"Yah, I'm your hyung! Besides, you have no right to say she didn't speak much when you didn't speak at all!" 
 
"Yeah, yeah..."
 
"Sorry HyeRi, that's just how Jongin is... He never changes," Kyungsoo apologized as he sent a stern glare to Jongin, which the latter chose to ignore. 
 
"I-It's fine..." I replied and quickly left, not very comfortable with the two arguing. 
 
---
 
"Eunhye, where were you at lunch? You left me all alone with Chanyeol and his friends... Well, apparently also my friends now... Although, I'm not sure if I really want to, I mean they're nice and... Okay, I'll stop talking now." 
 
"Sorry, I had to stay after class and finish my work because Jung seonsaengnim wouldn't let me leave otherwise!" Eunhye replied, slightly smiling at my comment. "And finally you have more friends, why don't you want to make any again? They're the most popular guys at our school, many would kill to be close to them!" 
 
"Yeah, but I'm not one of those people. Their fans were sending glares at me all throughout lunch, why'd you leave me alone?!" 
 
"...Would it really make you feel better if I sat there and received the glares with you?" Eunhye asked. 
 
"...Yes, I'd feel much better."
 
Eunhye sighed. "Fine, fine. What ever..." 
 
"See? You don't seem that happy to sit near them either, huh?" I replied. "Or maybe you're just hiding your excitement...!" 
 
"... For you information, I'm not interested in them either!" 
 
"Sure you aren't~!" I . "Who are you interested in? Kyungsoo? Sehun? Or maybe you like cold guys like Jongin~?" 
 
"Y-Yah, Im not interested in any!" 
 
Hm...
 
 Since when did Eunhye stutter? 
 
 
 
 
--- 
 
Hello~! Okay first of all... 
Omg, HyeRi... What did I do to your character? 
 
This story is getting nowhere! >___< I'll think of more ideas... 
 
Thanks for reading! ^^