It's Just A One-Sided Crush

I'm Only Shy on the Outside!

 

 

 
 
After that experience with Jongin, he suddenly and surprising became my... Friend. I was actually much more comfortable with him now rather than anyone else (besides Eunhye of course). I learned that he had a lot, A LOT of aegyo. I would have never dreamed of Jongin having any aegyo just earlier today, but he did, surprisingly. He discussed many things with me and I felt as if I could actually kind of relate to him. So, I decided I'd help him. 
 
"Jongin, are you busy today?" I asked him after class.  
 
"Hmm..." He said, cutely looking up into space as he tried to think. 
 
Oh my gosh, He's TOO cute now... There's no way Kyungsoo can resist him if he's like this!
 
 ...How will his fans react when they found out their cool jerk has turned into a ball of cuteness? 
 
Yeah... 
 
They'd probably still love him. 
 
 "I don't think so noona. Wae~?" He finally replied. 
 
"Well, do you want to hang out?" 
 
He thought for a while.
 
"Eh? But I thought you were going over to Kyungsoo hyung's house...?" Jongin pouted in confusion. 
 
Then his eyes widened in realization. "No, no, no! I can't come with you, I didn't even ask and... And... How will he react to my personality? What if he hates it?!" 
 
"Calm down, it'll be fine! I'm sure he'll love you!" I replied. I saw a blush creep onto his face. Wow, that's new. 
 
"He'll... Love me? Are you sure?" 
 
"Of course, who wouldn't?" I positively replied. 
 
"Okay... I guess I'll come," he finally accepted. 
 
"Good, lets go!" I said as I pulled him through the hallway, getting a few dirty looks here and there. Geez, he's not the one I like, calm yourselves fangirls. 
 
I finally saw Kyungsoo waiting at the gates. He turned around and saw me. "HyeRi-ah and... Jongin?" 
 
"A-ah about that. G-guess what...? We're friends now...!" I awkwardly replied as Jongin kept his eyes on the ground, obviously shy in front of his crush. 
 
"Oh, that's great, I worried that you two hated each other! So... Jongin are you coming over too?" Kyungsoo replied. 
 
"A-ah, yeah..." Jongin looked up and said quietly, his face slightly red. 
 
Kyungsoo stood there, dazed. What had happened to Jongin in the past couple hours he hasn't seen him? 
 
He took out his phone, "So, what's your parents' number?"
 
"Oh, it's fine. I found my cell phone in my backpack," I replied. Well... I did lie to him so I wouldn't have to go, but in the end SOMEONE got me into this mess so... there was no point in hiding my phone now. 
 
We called our parents and set off. I was actually kind of surprised my parents let me go to his house. Well, I did say his parents were there although... I didn't really confirm that. For all I know I could've lied, oops. 
 
 But who cares? It'll be fine. 
 
---
 
We soon reached a slightly smaller, cozy looking house. 
 
"We're here~!" Kyungsoo announced. 
 
"Wah~ I love your house!" Jongin said cheerfully, trying not to act too shy or awkward. 
 
"A-ah, yeah!" Kyungsoo replied, still surprised at his friend's personality change. "Lets go in." 
 
The three walked inside and Kyungsoo went over to the kitchen. "Eh? Oh... I hope you guys don't mind, but apparently my parents went to go shopping so they're not here." 
 
Well then, I guess I really did lie. Oh well, too late now.
 
 "It's fine," I replied. 
 
Kyungsoo walked over to the windowsill. "Here's my cactus!" 
 
"A-ah, it's nice," I said, not knowing what else to say. 
 
Kyungsoo looked like he wanted to say more when... 
 
"It's cute~!" Jongin exclaimed, his voice full of aegyo. Kyungsoo's eyes widened and he gave him an awkward smile. In the end he didn't continue. 
 
 Wow, he was really getting affected by this. 
 
Good. 
 
Kyungsoo cleared his throat. 
 
"Well... Lets go upstairs. We can finish out homework or something," Kyungsoo suggested.
 
"Okay!" 
 
---
Kyungsoo's POV
 
"Kyungsoo hyung~ I don't understand this problem," Jongin said, pouting as he did. 
 
What happened to him? Why is he being so... cute all of a sudden? 
 
...What? It's not weird for a guy to call his friend cute. I think...
 
"L-Let me see," I replied. Why did I stutter? 
 
Luckily he asked me about one of the questions I was confident about. "Thanks hyung~!" He smiled at me then continued with his math. Why was he so cute?! I looked over at HyeRi, who was easily answering all the questions. 
 
... 
 
How were they suddenly friends? Why is he all happy and cute now? 
 
... Was he like that because of HyeRi?
 
That thought cause a pain inside of me, which I chose to ignore. I shook my head. I should be concentrating on my work! I looked own at my paper... I really didn't feel like doing my homework anymore. I looked back up at them as they talked and helped each other. Then a thought hit me. 
 
They were suddenly close, Jongin suddenly changed...
 
Were they... going out? 
 
Now this thought pained me even more, although... I don't exactly know why... 
 
Is it because they're hiding it from me?
 
 Yeah...! I'm just sad that they didn't trust me enough to tell me! G-geez... They could have just told me... 
 
But what if they're not dating? 
 
No, they have to be! It only makes sense. Jongin can't just suddenly be full of aegyo for no reason... Face it Kyungsoo, they're an item now. I quickly continued with my homework. 
 
But why? 
 
Why did... 
 
It hurt so much? 
 
---
JongIn's POV
 
I looked towards Kyungsoo, who was currently working non-stop on his homework. He didn't even spare me a glance when I spoke, he just hummed in response. I pouted, this wasn't working. He doesn't even care about my personality, which was cute according to HyeRi. Maybe he doesn't like cute people? I sighed. 
 
What can I do to make him fall for me? 
 
--- 
Kyungsoo's POV
 
I started to rapidly work to get my mind off of the thought of those two dating. But wait, why do I even care? I took a glance at Jongin. He puffed up his cheeks as he looked frustrated. He was too adorable! But... What was he thinking about? That thought lingered in my head before I stopped and began to work. I had to finish my homework sometime. 
 
I'm hungry... 
 
...Wait, we haven't eaten yet, huh? 
 
"Hey, are you guys hungry?" I asked. 
 
"A bit," HyeRi replied with her head down, still focusing on her work. 
 
"Yeah! Can we have something to eat?" Jongin said right after. 
 
I smiled. "Sure, I'll be right back," I said as I got up. 
 
---
Hyeri's POV
 
Well... This isn't going very well. How is Kyungsoo basically just ignoring the fact that Jongin is adorable all if a sudden? This trip was supposed to help their relationship, but so far it hasn't moved one bit. I sighed. 
 
"Sorry this isn't helping Jongin," I broke the silence. 
 
"Why are you saying sorry for that? You're just trying to help, it's not your fault hyung doesn't have any interest in me," Jongin replied. He sounded a bit sad and disappointed. 
 
"Yeah, but... Don't worry, he'll fall for you! Just... Give it some time!" I encouraged him. 
 
"Thanks HyeRi."
 
We continued to work in silence for the next couple of minutes. 
 
"I'm back!" Kyungsoo announced as he walked back into the room with a tray. "I didn't know what to bring, so I just cut up some fruit and stuff for now." 
 
"Wah, thanks hyung!" Jongin said as he reached to grab the food. 
 
"Thank you," I also thanked him. It felt nice being around them, like we were actually friends for a long time.
 
"No problem," Kyungsoo replied. "So, what should we do after we finish eating?" 
 
"Hm... Well I don't know," I said. 
 
I don't know what to do to get you to fall for Jongin. Now, how should I get them to be closer? Well, more than they already are.
 
...
 
 I sighed. I don't know, they're not even really have a nice, long conversation between themselves because- Oh. 
 
"I-I need to go to the bathroom. Would you mind telling me where it is?" I asked. 
 
"Oh, if you go down the hall it's on the left... Do you want me to just lead you there?" Kyungsoo looked up and replied.
 
"A-ah, no. It's fine, I'll find it by myself." I left the room, shut the door, and walked the opposite direction. Then... 
 
I silently left the house. 
 
--- 
Jongin's POV
 
Ah, why'd she leave us together in the same room?
 
 We sat there silently waiting for her. 
 
We waited and waited. 
 
"Is she okay?" I asked, worried after thirty minutes of waiting. 
 
"I'll go check on her," Kyungsoo said as he got up to leave the room. 
 
So, I waited for him and a minute later... 
 
"She's not there..." 
 
"Oh my gosh, is she okay? Did she leave? What happened?" 
 
"Calm down Jongin, let's call her first," Kyungsoo said as he picked up his phone. 
 
... 
 
"Um... I don't have her number... Do you?"  
 
... 
 
 
"No... I don't have her number either..." 
 
... 
 
 
"So... What do we do now?" Kyungsoo hyung asked. 
 
"I have no idea." 
 
---
Hyeri's POV
 
I hope now they'll actually speak to each other! 
 
I slowly walked down the dark path on my way to home. I took my time and looked around the neighborhood. 
 
"Ah! Why didn't I bring a jacket?!" I said as the cold air surrounded me. It was slightly foggy out and I couldn't see very far ahead... 
 
... I was going the right way, right? 
 
"... HyeRi?" 
 
...
 
Who was that...? I squinted my eyes and looked farther into the fog... 
 
CHANYEOL?! 
 
"It is you HyeRi! What are you doing out here this late?" 
 
"W-what are you doing here?" I asked. 
 
"Oh, I was just going to head over to Kyungsoo's and give him sometime... What about you?" 
 
---
Chanyeol's POV
 
"Oh... I was walking home from Kyungsoo's house," she replied back. 
 
Oh yeah... She went to Kyungsoo's house, huh? But... Why did she stay there until so late?! 
 
The wind blew and I saw her shiver... She wasn't wearing a jacket. 
 
I would give her a jacket but... 
 
I wasn't wearing one either... 
 
---
Hyeri's POV 
 
I watched him just stand there. Then I realized he wasn't wearing a jacket either... Wasn't he cold? 
 
"Well, you better go-"
 
Wait... Jongin and Kyungsoo are supposed to be left alone. 
 
"A-aren't you cold?" I asked, trying to start some sort of conversation. 
 
"Yeah, but I kind of forgot to bring a jacket while rushing out of the house," Chanyeol replied, slightly chuckled at his own foolishness. 
 
"O-oh, I see... So..." 
 
I don't know what to say! 
 
"If you were going back home, I'll walk to your house with you," he offered. 
 
Did he seriously forget about going to Kyungsoo's house? But... 
 
Wah, Chanyeol walking me home? That's like what happens in some manga... Then they'd- 
 
"Come on, let's go! Where do you live?" Chanyeol said. 
 
He suddenly came up, hesitated, but still he... grabbed my hand. 
 
I stood there, shocked. I couldn't move... 
 
After a few seconds, I regained my senses and tried to pull away, but obviously failed.
 
I started to feel embarrassed and my heart started beating faster. 
 
Now I didn't feel so cold. 
 
"You don't have to take me home." 
 
"I offered and I will. It's dangerous being alone late at night, now where's your house?" He still insisted. 
 
"I'm fine!" I said, although I really did want him to come with me. "You can let go of my hand now." 
 
"No, I'm walking with you and that's final. So hurry and tell me where you live! You're not wearing a jacket, you'll catch a cold." 
 
"Fine..." 
 
...
 
I looked up at him. He was completely unaffected by all of this... 
 
This really was just a one-sided crush. 
 
---
 
Hi~! ^^ How are you all? 
 
Ok, not sure if this is good so feel free to leave a comment below! ^^
 
Thanks so much for reading~! *^^*