Thoughts During A Basketball Game

I'm Only Shy on the Outside!

 

 
 
It was Friday... And it surprisingly didn't feel like one. Why couldn't it feel like this, I don't know, every other day of the week?! 
 
I continued to go through my daily routine of going to my locker, meeting with Eunhye, going to class, and so on. My days at school were mostly boring and repetitive, except for the lessons in class that changed as time went on (but they were still boring). The only thing that changed besides that was Chanyeol and my... "Friends" somehow waltzing into my life. 
 
As the beginning of the day flew by, I found myself getting used to the presence of Chanyeol and his friends after their many attempts at conversation and also at getting closer. I've never tried making friends, but now I know... I'm a person who warms up to people quickly and easily... Too quickly. Well, I figured when Eunhye tried to be friends with me, I accepted her quickly because she was my first, but that wasn't exactly the case. People have never tried to be my friend, nor have I tried to make friends with them (I'm too shy) so that's probably why I don't have friends... Yeah, that's it. 
 
I dragged Eunhye, who was unwilling, to the lunch table where the guys were at. I guess they were naturally really friendly, because they quickly made room for her to sit. Now both of us were getting glares thrown at us... 
 
"See? This is how I ate lunch yesterday, with the whole female population of this school giving me dirty looks!" I quietly said. 
 
"Yes, I see. Actually, I'm experiencing it," Eunhye replied. "Because someone dragged me into the spotlight with them." 
 
"Hey, you agreed!" I said. 
 
"I did not agree to have glares sent at me, you pulled me over here!" she retorted.
 
"Same thing!" 
 
"...How is that the same thing?" Eunhye questioned. 
 
"... I don't know..." 
 
As we continued to speak, I didn't notice the ten extra eyes on us. I looked around and saw the guys looking at us. All except Jongin, of course, who looked bored. I looked down and my face started to heat up. Why were they staring at us? I soon forgot about all the fangirls and only felt their gazes. I felt kind of... Uncomfortable. 
 
"Hey HyeRi, why don't you speak like that to us?" Baekhyun asked. Oh gosh, not that question again! 
 
"... B-because... She's my b-best friend..." I somehow managed to answer. 
 
"But aren't we all friends here?" Sehun asked. "You do feel as if we're friends, right?" Friends... Friends... Then I realized. I knew nothing about them, not even their favorite colors. Then... How were we considered friends? Forget about getting used to them... Back to square one. 
 
"... Y-yeah..." I replied. ... Wait... Did I just lie? 
 
"Then why?" Kyungsoo now spoke up as JoonMyeon continued to just stare, waiting for an answer.
 
...
 
"She's just not used to making friends! I'm sure it'll be fine after some time!" Eunhye hastily answered their questions for me. 
 
"Really? HyeRi-ah, if your uncomfortable around us, just tell us, neh?" Kyungsoo kindly said to me. ...Gosh, why do I feel so bad? They're really nice to me... Actually, too nice to me. They're accepting while I'm... not even sure if I want to interact with them. 
 
"A-ah, neh..." 
 
--- 
 
I reluctantly changed out of my clothes and walked into the gym. Can you guess what class I'm having currently? If you guessed my least favorite subject of all time then your right! 
 
...
 
P.E., I hate you so much... and I hope you know that. 
 
---
 
As our teacher took roll I blankly stared at the ground, not very interested in what was going on. I wasn't looking up, but I could hear the teacher explain something about basketball... Suddenly, the girls walked towards the bleachers. I guessed that the guys were playing first, so I headed over also. As I stared off into space I heard the squeaking of shoes against the floor. After snapping out of that, I realized where I was and groaned... After a while I actually tried to end my boredom, I looked around the room for something interesting to watch. My eyes somehow ended up on Chanyeol,  who I had no idea was even in this class. I watched as he skillfully shot a basket from afar. Wah... He looks really cool and- Wait, what?! No! I covered my face and shook my head side to side, trying to come back to my senses. I tried opening my eyes again, peaking through my fingers. Every time I watched, my eyes somehow ended up at Chanyeol and every time he shot a basket I could help but think... He looked really cool and handsome... somehow. I noticed the way his hair bounced as he jumped up to shoot and... WHAT THE HECK AM I THINKING?! I'm obviously going crazy! And- 
 
I started to freak out when... 
 
Oh my gosh...
 
 He's looking at me, what the heck do I do?! My body started to heat up and I unconsciously covered my face, hastily got off the seat, turned my back towards him, and crouched down, actually trying to hide from his gaze... On the top row of the bleachers, where everyone could see me. By covering my face. With my hands. Crouching down while probably looking like a retard. I felt my face burning up as I could basically still feel his gaze still on me... While I made a complete fool out of myself. 
 
Oh. My. Gosh.
 
 I wish I could just disappear... 
 
Kim HyeRi...
 
Why are you such an awkward idiot?! 
 
---
 
Finally done with this chapter~! Sorry for not uploading in the past... Two days? I was stuck... Ah! I need ideas, but I'll get through! I hope you enjoyed the chapter ^^