Can I Have Another Clue?

I'm Only Shy on the Outside!

 

 
 
Hyeri's POV
 
"Who do you like~?" I whined, very curious when we arrived at school. 
 
"Stop asking!" Eunhye said irritated. 
 
"Please tell me!" I continued. 
 
"I'm not going to tell you!"
 
"Please? At least give me a clue!" I replied, really wanting to know. 
 
"Why did I even recommend truth or dare?" Eunhye groaned, regretting her decision. 
 
"Please~?"
 
"Okay. Only one clue, right?" Eunhye asked. I excitedly nodded my head. 
 
"The person I like... Is male."
 
"Yah!" I yelled. "I knew that!"
 
"No you didn't, you assumed I liked a guy. What if I was like Jongin?"
 
"Well, Jongin likes a guy so aren't you already like him?" I tilted my head, confused. 
 
"I was talking about the fact that he likes the same gender," she explained as she slightly groaned at my lack of knowledge. 
 
"So, are you saying you like a guy or a girl? You're confusing me."
 
"Oh my god HyeRi, you are just so..." She groaned.
 
"What?" I blinked my eyes. She looked at me and sighed. 
 
"Never mind... Okay, I like a guy, a male. Not a girl, okay? That's your clue. Now leave me alone!" 
 
"Yah," I pouted. "I'm your best friend, why can't you just tell me~?" 
 
"I know you are, but... No," she answered as she walked ahead. 
 
"Eunhye~!" I called out to her. "Wait!" 
 
"No!" She spoke as she started to speed up. 
 
I was about to yell when I saw all the people around me giving me weird looks... At least it looked like they were staring at me. 
 
I became uncomfortable and slowly walked away with my hair in my face, trying to act like I didn't feel awkward. I probably still looked very awkward. 
 
"HyeRi-ah!" I heard Chanyeol's deep voice. Why?! 
 
"Y-yes?" I said as I forced my unwillingly body to turn around.
 
He reached out to put his hand on my shoulder. I reacted and flinched.
 
--- 
Chanyeol's POV 
 
Why did she flinch? My smile faltered, but I immediately pulled my hand away and put on an even bigger smile. "HyeRi-ah! Remember I said when I was going to help you make friends?"
 
She looked like she was thinking then said, "O-oh, yeah. I remember, w-why?" Why is she stuttering so much? 
 
I pouted. "I still didn't get to help you! You know just because you have a boyfriend now doesn't mean you can't hang out with me anymore!"
 
"A-ah," she replied. "Yeah, you're right... S-sorry." 
 
I thought for a bit. "Can I come over today?"
 
"NO!" She yelled. My eyes widened in shock. 
 
"I-I mean, s-sorry... I have other plans today..." HyeRi whispered. 
 
"O-oh," I replied. Why am I stuttering now? "That's fine, maybe some other time?"
 
"Yeah..." She said. "I have to go now, bye!"
 
"Wait, don't we have the same-" she had already went away. "- class..."
 
Disappointment - That's what I was feeling right now. 
 
---
HyeRi's POV
 
I quickly walked away from Chanyeol, which was a pretty retarded idea after I realized I had Jung seonsaengnim's class with him.
 
 I mentally sighed and continued to fast-walk down the hallway until I reach the door, standing by the other students, slightly panting. Man, I was unfit! The door opened revealing Jung seonsaengnim. 
 
"Come in, class," he said as I stood to the side of the doorway. 
 
I squished my way through the crowd of students and reluctantly sat down at my now assigned seat. When Chanyeol came in I instinctively hid my face and started to mutter incoherent words to myself. 
 
Babo HyeRi!  
 
---
 
EunHye's POV
 
It was lunchtime and I was looking over at him again. He was just sitting across the table, yet he was out of my reach. I sighed and shifted my sight back to my food. I may have called HyeRi an idiot, but I may be an even bigger one. I rested my chin on my hand as I looked around the room only to see loving couples everywhere. Well that didn't make me feel any better. 
 
"Eunhye noona!" Sehun called out to me. 
 
"E-eh?" I snapped my head towards him. "Oh, Sehun. What do you need?"
 
"Oh nothing, I was just wondering why you were spacing out so much. Are you okay?"
 
"Was I? I didn't notice," I smiled at him. "Thanks for asking though."
 
He smile back at me, "It's fine noona~" He turned back to JoonMyeon and started to talk about a topic that even JoonMyeon didn't seem to understand, judging by the confused look on his face as he continued to nod. 
 
I smiled at the cuteness, but turned my attention away from the two when HyeRi came back from the bathroom. 
 
"I'm back," she stated the obvious. 
 
"Wow, I would've never known if you didn't tell me," I said sarcastically. 
 
"Haha, very funny," she replied and she got out her lunch. "AH!" 
 
"What?" I asked wondering what her suddenly outburst was about. 
 
"I have to ask you something..."
 
"Okay... And it is?"
 
"... Who do you like?"
 
God, not that question again! I groaned as I sent a glare towards HyeRi. She saw and pouted. 
 
"I just want to know!" 
 
"Well, that for you." 
 
"Eunhye, come on!" She continued. 
 
"Nope, not telling," I stubbornly replied.  
 
"... Can I have another clue?"
 
I groaned. 
 
 "No!" 
 
---
 
Hello~! ^^ Hope this short chapter is okay! Tell me about any mistakes please~! 
 
Sorry for advertising again, but I'm writing another fanfic about... SHINee's Minho and Taemin~! It's called "The Horribly Unromantic Girl" and it'd be awesome if you'd just check it out!