Just Another Day and Another Clue

I'm Only Shy on the Outside!

 

 
 
HyeRi's POV
 
I laid down on my bed, blankly staring at the ceiling. I still had no idea who the heck Eunhye liked. I sighed and rolled over onto my side as I looked at my desk. Well, I know she likes a guy so that narrows it down to... Only about... Many millions of people.  Well, she never said he went to our school so... He could be any guy on this planet, he could be in America for all I know! 
 
I groaned as I tried to fall asleep. Why couldn't she just tell me a few more hints?! I closed my eyes, attempting to drift to sleep. I waited for an hour... It didn't work. I became frustrated and threw my pillow across the room, only resulting in me having to get up and retrieve it. Ugh. 
 
---
 
I walked into the school, still tired from the restless night before. I slowly went down the hall and met up with Eunhye. 
 
"HyeRi, what happened?" Eunhye said. "You look horrible."
 
"Wow, thanks so much," I rolled my eyes. "What do you think? I couldn't fall asleep."
 
"Why? Was it too hot?" Eunhye asked. 
 
"No, it was because someone didn't want to tell their best friend who they liked." 
 
"HyeRi," she sighed. "I can't tell you!"
 
I crossed my arms. "Humph, who said I was talking about you?"
 
This time she rolled her eyes. "It's pretty obvious. Come on, forget about it!"
 
"No, tell me~" I whined. "Please? I won't tell anyone, don't you trust me?"
 
"It's not that I don't trust you," she sighed as she explained. "It's just... I don't like telling people things like crushes, they're secrets."
 
I pouted. "Fine... I'll find out someday."
 
"Yeah, yeah."
 
---
 
Eunhye's POV
 
I felt bad as her face scrunched up in frustrated. But... I don't like to tell people my secrets. When I was younger, I used to blurt them out just because I wanted people to know so I could speak about them but... It never ended very well, so I learned to keep all of that information to myself. 
 
"Come on HyeRi, get to class," I smiled and I walked by her. 
 
"Okay," she grumbled as she kept her gaze on the ground. 
 
I looked her, she was thinking really hard. I let our a sigh, why was she even trying to guess when the only information she has is that the person she's searching for is a guy? I shook my head as I held my books close to my chest. 
 
---
Hyeri's POV
 
Why couldn't she just tell me! She knew who I liked! 
 
"Bye," I said as I turned to my classroom. 
 
"Bye!" She waved and she kept walking.
 
I stood there, leaning against the wall. My eyelids threatened to fall as I yawned. 
 
"Hyeri!" Someone exclaimed loudly. I quickly got up, startled. 
 
"Oh, Chanyeol...!" I said and I saw him."... How are you?"
 
"Good!" He smiled. "You?"
 
"Okay..." I awkwardly said. 
 
"That's good," He replied. 
 
Then it was silent.
 
"Well, bye then," he slightly waved as he saw the classroom door next to mine open.
 
"Bye," I replied as I walked him disappear passed the doorway. I sighed and leaned against the wall once more. 
 
 The teacher finally opened the door after every other class had already gone in. 
 
"Good morning class," he called out. 
 
"Good morning Lee seonsaengnim," I said quietly with the rest of the class.
 
"Okay, today..." 
 
And the lesson began. 
 
---
 
"HyeRi-ah," Chanyeol said as he walked towards me after class. 
 
"Hi," I said quietly as I slightly smiled. "What do you need?"
 
"About me coming over to your house-"
 
"HyeRi-ah!" Eunhye ran up to me. 
 
"Hi!" I greeted her.
 
---
Chanyeol's POV
 
I watched as HyeRi brightly spoke to Eunhye, smiling and laughing. Why couldn't I do that to her? Make her smile and laugh... Speak to me normally... I sighed as I walked away... I missed my chance to ask again.
 
"Chanyeol hyung!" I saw Jongin coming up to me. 
 
"Hi Jongin," I smiled. He looked passed me. 
 
"Is that HyeRi noona?" He asked. 
 
"Yeah, why?" 
 
"What do you think of her?" 
 
I froze, then awkwardly laughed. "Jongin, we're talking about your girlfriend, why would you need my opinion on her? Are you going to go over to her?" 
 
---
Jongin's POV
 
Shoot, I totally forgot me were supposed to be dating! I was just asking... 
 
I put on a smile, "...Just wanted my friends to like her... but you all probably do so... Oh and nope, I'll talk to her later!" 
 
"Ah, okay," Chanyeol replied as he nodded. " Of course we all like her! So... What did you need?"
 
"... Nothing much," I said. "Just wanted to talk."
 
"About what?" He asked as he looked out the window. 
 
"Um... Never mind, it was nothing important," I said awkwardly. 
 
"Ah, okay." He looked at his watch. "I'm going to start heading to class, you should too."
 
"Yeah, bye."
 
How were we going to get them to like us when they think we're taken?! I don't understand Eunhye noona's plan at all. It's not working. 
 
---
Hyeri's POV
 
"Please tell me another hint!" I begged. "I won't be able to sleep again!"
 
"HyeRi, why are you so curious about this?" Eunhye asked, looking straight ahead.
 
"Come on! You know who I like!" 
 
"I know, but I guessed," she explained. 
 
"So if I guess it right, will you tell me?" I asked.
 
"Well..."
 
"Another clue, please~?"
 
"Fine, fine."
 
"Yes!" I cheered. Hopefully this hint will actually help me. 
 
"They go to our school."
 
... Well, that doesn't really help. 
 
"... JoonMyeon?" I asked, unsure.
 
"No!" She said. "No offense to him, I mean he's really nice, just... Not my type?"
 
"What is your type~?!" I yelled as I stomped my feet to the ground. 
 
"You'll know when you know who I like."
 
"When will that be?"
 
"In another... Fifty years?"
 
"EUNHYE!" 
 
---
Another not-so-eventful chapter... Sorry! >_< I'm uploading this when I should be doing homework... OTL
 
Please inform me of any errors. ^^