Thoughts and Getting Lost

I'm Only Shy on the Outside!

 

 

It was the start of a new school year. Walking down the halls was a horrible punishment, with people surrounding it in crowds and the loud laughter, it was a bother to have to go through that every time I wanted to get somewhere, anywhere in this school. I hated walking down these halls. Don't get me wrong, I wish I could be part of that too, but I can't... Or "won't" according to my best friend, Eunhye. I guess I don't really... Fit in well with other people. I'm just naturally shy...  but I'm actually not that shy once you get to know me! ... Or maybe I still am shy, who knows? I know I don't, but I do know my thoughts aren't shy, because... Well, there's no one to listen to them but me. Anyways... 
 
 
I walked down the hallways, my head down as always. I quickly made my way to my locker on the top row, which in my opinion is placed a little too high, but what could I do? I was assigned the locker and definitely did not have the courage to ask for a new one, my goal in life is not to speak more than necessary (Unless with Eunhye) and it wasn't necessary. I stood as tall as I could and opened the locker. After much work, I shoved my textbook in, only to grab and drop an even heavier one for my next class, history. Remind me why our textbooks were so heavy again? They're heavier than what should be the weight of an average textbook! In my opinion... I sighed and shut my dull blue-colored locker, picked up my book, and was about to walk away. Suddenly, a group of reckless guys bumped into me and pushed me against the lockers and walked away, obviously too occupied in their conversation to notice me or hear the loud sound it made when my body came in contact with the lockers. I slowly grabbed my book, got up, and winced at the pain. My textbook wanted to fall, but I quickly regained my posture and shifted the position of my book. I looked towards the back of the guys, slightly irritated, but didn't have to courage to confront them of what happened. I then saw many people looking at me... I quickly looked away when I realized I was alone in the middle of the hall, probably looking like an awkward idiot, and quickly looked around for Eunhye. I immediately forgot about the pain there only seconds ago. I couldn't find her... What do I do?! Gosh, okay, stay calm...  Okay, now's the time to try to be independent HyeRi! 
 
...
 
Who am I kidding?! I'm like a lost puppy without Eunhye to follow! I ducked down my head a bit and started on my way... Wait, where is this classroom again?! I glanced at the hallway and sighed again. Why was this school so big again? 
 
--- 
 
After about, I don't know, forty-five minutes of walking around, with a pain in my leg, which actually wasn't as bad as I first thought, I'm finally in the general area of the classroom! The area. Not even the actual class. Did I mention that our school was gigantic?! I was really getting irritated at the size of our school after getting lost, lets see, every single year (Although EunHye says I just easily get lost, I blame the school). Why they decided it was a good idea to create a school this big is still a mystery to me. No benefits what so ever, there's a bigger chance of getting lost and it can fit more students. More strangers that I have to walk past every time I go to school. Lucky me, huh? 
 
I continued waking, slightly faster now. Yeah, class had already started, but I had to find it sooner or later. Why didn't I ask where the class was? Well, there's the fact that I'm too shy to ask, but actually there wasn't anyone to ask. All the students rushed to their classes while others left to ditch, the teachers were useless and just told me to get to class before quickly walking off to get to their classes, and my best friend was nowhere to be found. I was alone and totally clueless on where to go, even after a year of going here. Well, in my defense, it was only one year, and my new classes are in a totally different area. Besides, this place is huge. I'd like to see you find your classroom in this place. 
 
I stopped in my tracks. 
 
"Who's that?" I finally spoke. 
 
 
--- 
 
Annyeong~! I'm Yena815~ I uploaded my first chapter, yay! ^^ Haha xD Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it although it's so short! >.< Thanks for reading~! Please feel free to leave comments and subscribe~ Lol xD