The Girlfriend

W A I T I N G
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 2

 

“Min Jung!!”

I call out as soon as I find her characteristic high-top messy bun in the middle of the crowd, it is easy to locate her, I mean, when most of the girls are all looking painfully obvious that they wake up three hours before school just to blow dry their hair and put the supposed to be no-makeup-makeup I guess, she is not any of them.

And call me weird, I actually like that messy part of her, I think it’s adorable.

Min Jung seems to notice me, too and start walking towards me, with a thick book and iPod in one hand, “Baekhyun!” She smiles prettily as she saunters to me, “Where’s Chanyeol?”

Ouch.

I’m here and the first thing she asks is about Chanyeol.

It’s fine though I’m used to it.

Nah, I’m kidding I’m a little bit jealous but I can’t do anything about it, with a forced smile that she doesn’t really pay attention to (which I’m glad about), I answer, “He says to meet at the cafeteria.” I inform, and hesitating before saying the next sentence. “Seems like he got himself a new girlfriend.” I finally say, I think it’s better for her to know ahead what news that dummy Chanyeol is going to share with us today, so… perhaps, she can prepare her mental before meeting Chanyeol.

But actually, Min Jung never was bothered with Chanyeol having new girlfriend every week, maybe it is too often that she doesn’t think this is something really important anymore. But this time… I don’t know I just think she needs it somehow.

Weird, I know, don’t judge me.

She blinks at me, “Really? Oh I thought he learned his mistakes from the wounds and scars he got from Ryu In’s brother, but I guess not.” She shrugs, while putting her iPod inside of the front pocket of her blazer, “He is late by four days, though, maybe he’s making improvement?” She laughs at her own joke.

I have feelings for Min Jung, that’s why I started flirting with her back then in Junior High, but unfortunately, she was already caught by Chanyeol and she thought my action was being friendly, and now here I am, stuck in this complicated friendship with weird love triangle I guess.

We enter the cafeteria, it doesn’t take five seconds to see where that giant is, mainly because how loud he is, I mean he is even loud inside the library, now he’s in cafeteria where being loud is kind of mandatory (for some student), can you imagine how loud he is?

I look at Min Jung who still has the same relaxed expression, I sigh and follow her to the table.

 

 

 

I somehow have this uneasy feeling about this new girlfriend, Chanyeol is very focused on her, when he’s alone with her girlfriend, he never really pay attention to his girl, because usually he dated because of the pretty faces they got. Not because of their personality, that’s why he usually doesn’t converse with his girl, because they have no humor. But now, he’s treating her really carefully.

And my chest hurts all of the sudden.

“Hey.” I call as I sit across from them. “Oh Min Jungie! Finally!” He smiles brightly, “Baekhyun the beef teriyaki is gone, sorry, I got you the chicken one.” Chanyeol says, and Baekhyun shrugs as he sits beside me, “No problem. Thanks.”

“Hello.” His girlfriend smiles at us, which I reply with a smile, too, “My name is Min Jung.” I say. “I know you, Chanyeol talks a lot about you two.” She laughs, “I’m Jin Ri, nice to meet you.”

Just as I am about to say the out of courtesy ‘nice to meet you, too’, Chanyeol interrupts, “Jin Ri, you have something…” He mumbles as he wipes her lips with his thumb.

This is my first time seeing Chanyeol being such an affectionate boyfriend.

Maybe he really does learn his lesson not to play around.

And now I really hope he doesn’t learn his lesson instead.

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol smiled happily, because the now most important people in his life finally had met, he thought the idea of being seriously in love was bull, because he never felt that way, he never felt that ‘butterfly in your stomach’, he just felt happy because he got to date many girls with pretty face and sometimes, plus y body.

But Jin Ri was different, he really felt his heart thumping when he was around her, hearing only her voice made her heart warm.

Just like how Min Jung made him feel back then.

But as her best friend, he was afraid to say his feelings out loud, and plus, it was obvious that Baekhyun also like Min Jung, and in order to get rid of that feelings, Chanyeol started dating many girls, at fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter