United

W A I T I N G
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14

 

My heart thumps against my chest loudly, I know that Min Jung is home, the first reason is, the gate is not locked, if someone is home, the gate is never locked, and plus both of her brother’s cars are on the garage, meaning they are probably having a family time today. And seems like I’m going to intrude that time today.

I’m sorry, Sungyeol and Kris.

My fist that has been clenched ever since I arrive is finally raised, after about five minutes standing in front of the door like a fool, I finally muster up my courage and knock on the door. But before my fist hit the wooden door, the door itself flings back, revealing Min Jung behind it.

Is she going somewhere? My heart clenches at the thought of her replacing me with someone else. Does she forget me already? I hope not, because I can’t keep her off my mind, and I will be seriously hurt if she doesn’t feel the same way, that she is not affected by our broken relationship at all.

She looks surprised to see me, but I don’t see any hint of anger, displeasure, neither any hint of happiness and relief. She gives away nothing, just pure surprise.

I don’t know how to feel about that.

She closes the door behind her carefully, before facing me again, my lips suddenly feel dry, and I get tongue-tied all of the sudden, though I have been reciting the lines I am going to say to her once I face her, but those lines just disappear as she comes into my sight.

Get a grip, Park Chanyeol. “Hey.” I say, it sounds so awkward even to my own ears. I never imagined before that my friendship with Min Jung would go over this stage. I didn’t even feel awkward or weird to be in the same room as her without saying a single word. But now, it’s all different.

“Hey.” She greets me back, her eyes full with bafflement. “Are you going somewhere?” I ask, those words slip out from my mouth without me noticing, I just can’t keep my curiosity down. I wonder if she already gets herself a new crush or best friend.

“Yeah, I am.” She says while nodding. It feels weird, because usually, she always hangs out with me every day.

Until I dated with Jin Ri and screwed up big time. “With Baekhyun?”

“With Baekhyun and others.”

Others? Who is ‘others’?

I keep my mouth shut this time because I sound like a jealous boyfriend. “Where are you going?” I ask again, “I will walk you.” I quickly say.

“You don’t have to. It’s near anyway.” She shrugs, but in my ears, it sounds like ‘I don’t want you here, go away’. I keep my face from cringing in pain.

“I want to. And I want to talk to you.” I finally tell her what my actual purpose on going to her house.

And once again I see that look of bafflement on her face, with a hint of something new, she looks kind of nervous, I don’t know why she would feel that way though, maybe I’m just assuming things.

“Sure.” She clears and finally we heads up to the main gate of her house.

 

 

 

 

 

I know Chanyeol is constantly looking at me, I don’t know what to say right now, and my mind instantly goes to the secret conversation between me and Kyungsoo. As his words ring loudly on my head, I finally decide to open up to Chanyeol. Chanyeol as I said so many times, is a really ignorant person, and not only that, he has the biggest ego, with him coming to my house, it means that he let that big ego of him off from the way to make things better between the two of us.

I too, I want things to be better, and thus, I’m willing to continue his effort. “What is it that you want to tell me, Yeol?” I break the ice between us, calling him with my usual nickname for him ‘Yeol’, I hope he will be more comfortable and relaxed after I call him that.

“Uhm, first thing first, my mom baked you cookies.” He stutters, probably startled by my sudden approach, he pulls out the cookie bag from his pocket, giving them to my reach, “Okay.” I nod and take them from him gratefully, another reason to forgive him, his mom’s delicious cookie. “And then?” I urge him to continue, because he seems frozen and doesn’t know what to do next.

He stops walking all of the sudden and grabs my hand, facing me towards him, “The next thing is,” I can see his Adam’s apple moving, he must be ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter