Tension

W A I T I N G
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11

 

 

I’m liking Baekhyun more and more after I follow Min Jung on this trip, thought this sounds really wrong even to my own ears, but if he’s the one who’s gonna be her boyfriend, I’m not against it, I am totally entrusting my sister to him, because I know he’s reliable enough.

Thus, I just did let the two of them to ride parasailing together. Though my blood is boiling so hard right now, seeing them with such proximity.

UGH I BETTER LOOK AWAY BEFORE I SHOOT THAT ING PARASAILING DOWN.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun’s ears turned to a shade of deep red immediately as the worker tightened the gears that wrapped around both Baekhyun and Min Jung together, with one last pull, Min Jung’s back was now pressed on his chest, which got him seriously nervous, though there was a barrier of safety jacket, but it was like invisible to him now.

It was fortunate for both of them, because obviously, the one feeling nervous was not only Baekhyun, but Min Jung herself, too. She knew how close they were with each other, and plus, Baekhyun must handle the rope for both of them to ride safely, which made him half-wrapped his hand around her.

Which got her face pretty red, too.

She coughed to lessen the awkwardness (and getting rid of her nervousness as well), “Hold onto the rope tightly, Baek.” She said, to break the ice, because the tension between them had got pretty weird (read: awkward as hell) ever since the worker tightened the gears.

At the sound of her voice, Baekhyun’s already thumping heart stopped for a moment before it went back to its pace, “I will.” He said as he clenched his fist around the rope tighter, making the space between them smaller, if that was even possible.

They were back to the weird and awkward silent for a second before finally, the worker announced that they were ready to take off.

“Ready!! 1!”

 

“2!”

 

“3!”

 

And as their feet no longer touched the soft sand, Baekhyun hoped that his feelings for her, that he had been keeping for so long, could land.

 

 

 

 

 

After ten minutes wandering the beautiful island, they finally went down from the flying game. For Sungyeol or for other people, riding parasailing was just riding parasailing.

But for Min Jung and Baekhyun, they weren’t only riding parasailing physically, they were riding rollercoaster mentally. The ones lifted up high weren’t their bodies only, but also their hearts. Time was going up so fast yet so slow up there for both of them, and they felt pang of regret but no regret at the same time when the ride was over. Those were the words that described the feelings they felt the closest, those words were complicated, but so were their feelings.

But one thing for sure, deep down, both wanted that time to last a little bit longer.

 

 

 

 

“Jin Ri, do you want to ride parasailing together?”

My head was a little bit dizzy from riding the parasailing, and yes, I’m not going to deny, the fact that I was riding it together with Baekhyun played a huge part on it, my heart is still beating so fast right now. But after I heard Kris said those words of invitation towards Jin Ri, all of those feelings vanish into thin air.

What the hell is happening to my brother?

With my mouth hanging open so big that I’m sure even everyone can see my intestines down there, I shoot Kris my meanest, my most disagreeing look, what the heck is he doing? Asking a girl who is taken to ride parasailing together? With him? With her official boyfriend witnessing the whole situation? Doesn’t Kris have any heart? He is cold, I know, but this is not the Kris I know.

It takes all my willpower not to rip that bit- Jin Ri to pieces when she answers ‘yes’. Now what the is she doing? Accepting a guy who is not her legitimate boyfriend’s invitation to ride parasailing together? With Kris? With Chanyeol right behind her, with that look of obvious pain and disappointment written all over his eyes?

My mouth stays open, but no words come out from it, I’m speechless, I don’t know what to say, no, I don’t know how to express this anger, this disappointment without sounding impolite to the brother I love so much. I don’t quite care about how Jin Ri would feel, she’s a to me and I’m pretty sure she knows it that I hate her, just like she hates me. But the main problem is, it’s obvious that Kris starts this crap first. He is the one who without shame, flirts, with her. Fully conscious of her having a boyfriend.

And I really don’t know how to express this disappointment towards him that even not even one word comes out from my mouth.

Kris, why are you doing this?

 

 

 

 

I can’t say I’m not jealous, I was still having the romanticist calls ‘butterfly in the stomach’ moment when Min Jung skid to a stop. And I know that she didn’t feel the same way about me, instead of that ‘butterfly in the stomach’ moment I was feeling, she was already looking at Chanyeol with his girlfriend stolen from him, with pity.

She still cares for him.

And I don’t know what to feel ab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter