A Song

W A I T I N G
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6

 

It was fortunate that Sungyeol came home late yesterday, and Kris had to stay at his office for unfinished work, it was good because I could pretend that I was already asleep the moment Sungyeol was home. And I don’t have to hide my obviously distressed face.

Chanyeol is giving me a cold-shoulder treatment, and goodness, I really want to slap that smile on Jin Ri’s face. “Channiee.” She coos and I know from the way she glance at me, she’s going to talk about this topic, of course, it’s not because she’s ignorant, she does it in purpose. “Why are you ignoring Min Jung today? Don’t be like that, huh??”

Hohoho, my glass almost slip from my grip, oh geez, my palm is seriously calling for some to call. My chest tightens in the most horrible way when I find Chanyeol looking at me with ‘I told you so’ look. I know that he still thinks that I’m a liar, and Jin Ri is the angel who defends me in every occasion.

Now I regret not recording the whole conversation.

“Am not.” Chanyeol grumbles and sends me an annoyed stare before looking away completely, it’s a complete lie if it doesn’t make me sad, but I can’t look sad because Jin Ri is here, I can’t let her think that she win. I sigh silently, trying to calm myself down, because I’m in verge of shouting out loud.

“What the actual , Yeol?”

Huh?

Baekhyun lets an annoyed laugh out, “Me and Min Jung were fine and happy until YOU and YOUR girlfriend came ruining all the good atmosphere here.” He leans back and crosses his arms, “If you have problem with either me or Min Jung, then don’t even bother come and eat lunch with us you moron.

“Why are you getting so irritated about this? The one I’m ignoring is not you.” Chanyeol snaps back while rolling his eyes.

“You sound like an ungrateful son of , do you know that?” Baekhyun growls as he stands up, startling me. “Are you trying to pick a fight with me?” Chanyeol replies while standing up, too.

I quickly hold Baekhyun’s hand, trying to calm him down, “Don’t you need to do your math homework? Let’s go.” I say, “Come on.” I pull him a little harder since he doesn’t budge at all. “Baekhyun, come on.” I try again, my voice is already desperate, I really don’t want them to fight, especially this is related to me.

“You’re lucky.” Baekhyun hisses to Chanyeol before finally storms out from the cafeteria, probably too angry to walk together with me, I look at Chanyeol who is being soothed by Jin Ri.

Smiling bitterly, I look away and catch up with Baekhyun.

 

 

 

 

 

Min Jung and Baekhyun walked in silence, Baekhyun was still too angry to talk and Min Jung was afraid that her words might evoke angriness in Baekhyun even more. She wasn’t the type of person who would go and explore this boring school because well, she thought there was nothing interesting in it. But now, Baekhyun had brought her to a place that was definitely going to be her favorite place ever in school.

It was the said scary and haunted old school building, though she never really believed or scared to go, but she just didn’t find it interesting enough to explore. “This is where I go when I skip lesson.” At last, the silence between the two of them was broken by Baekhyun. “Come.”

With his hand towards her, Min Jung took his hand and followed him inside, she thought it would be another dusty old classroom, but what lied in front of her eyes told her that she was wrong.

The door didn’t bring them to another dusty old room, but it brought them to an abandoned garden. Honestly it wasn’t as pretty as the current garden in the new building, but the is something strangely… enchanting about it. The fountain was already cracked and there was no water running down from it. The flowers were mostly dead, and the grasses were no longer green. “What do you think of it?”

At the sound of Baekhyun, Min Jung’s train of thoughts quickly broke, snapping her back to reality, “It’s…” was wide open but no words came out from it, she just couldn’t find the word to describe it. “Do you think it’s creepy?”

Widening her eyes from Baekhyun’s misunderstanding, she shook her head from side to side frantically, “No!” She exclaimed quickly, “I don’t know the exact words to describe this place, it’s… I don’t know, this probably sounds stupid, but it’s really calming… it’s not as beautiful as other gardens but somehow I can’t stop looking at it.” She ended up explaining her whole thoughts about it.

“That’s exactly what I think about this place.” He laughed, “And plus this is a perfect hiding place, I never got caught while skipping class he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter