Oblivious

W A I T I N G
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7

 

I kind of lied to Baekhyun when I said ‘not fully sad’. I’m really sad about Chanyeol picking Jin Ri over me. But I don’t think it’s nice of me to cry in front of Baekhyun, I have burdened him so much, asking him to walk me home, working at the same place as him, and this little crush (okay maybe not so little) of me for Chanyeol definitely shouldn’t be one of his concern.

As I enter the house, a view of terror immediately greets me, Sungyeol and Kris in the kitchen, I’m not sure what they’re exactly doing, but them in the kitchen is never a good idea. “YAH!!!!!!!! GET AWAY FROM THE KITCHEN!!!!!!!!” I hastily take off my shoes, almost tripping in the process, luckily, fortune is on my side this time, I didn’t fall. HOHO.

Running to the kitchen, I see my two tall brothers drinking coffee while looking at me with an utter confusion, I squint my eyes at them and check around the kitchen if there are any fire lit. When I see none, a breath of relief spontaneously comes off from my mouth. “Goodness, almost got me a heart attack.” I collapse, leaning my body on the counter right beside Sungyeol.

“You’re overreacting.” Sungyeol scrunches his nose at me, “Our cooking skill has improve you know.”

Which I reply with a skeptical look, because, I don’t believe him. “But it’s only in my dream.” He finally confessed with a sheepish laugh.

I swear this tall brother of mine…

 

 

 

 

“YOU HAVE A GIRLFRIEND!?” It was fortunate that Kris and Min Jung both had the consciousness to swallow the food they were processing before actually open their mouth, if not, bits of the food would definitely be all over the dining table. Which obviously make the dinner less appetizing.

“You can’t!! You have to wait for me! Damn it Sungyeol, now I’m all single in my mid twenties alone!” Kris groaned, giving out the opposite of Min Jung’s cheerful reaction, “Congratulation! Finally! After such a long time being single! Someone actually find you attractive!” Min Jung laughed jokingly.

Rolling his eyes because of their misunderstanding, Sungyeol drank his glass down and looked at the two siblings, “Not a girlfriend, yet. Now, she’s just a girl that I like. And hey! Many girls find me attractive, it was just me that was not attracted to any of them!” Sungyeol corrected Min Jung’s sentence. “Anyway, the reason why I’m announcing it, it’s because I want you, Min Jung,” He mentioned Min Jung’s name just to make sure that Kris didn’t get the idea that he was invited, because, he was not. “I want to introduce you to her, we’re going to a dinner tomorrow, I’m hoping that you can come with me.”

Furrowing his mighty thick eyebrows, Kris looked at the two conversing younger sibling back and forth, not liking the fact that he was not included in the conversation, “How about me? I’m not invited?”

“I have work tomorrow until around 7.” Min Jung checked her reminder, Sungyeol nodded, “Sure, we’ll go after you’re done with your work, you can bring Baekhyun along if you want.”

Kris’s eyebrows narrowed even deeper, forming a line, “Yah, I’m still here.”

Finally turning his attention to the oldest brother, Sungyeol gave him a pointed look, “No, you’re not allowed to go anywhere near my crush until she’s officially my girlfriend.” He stated without hesitation, though many people told him that they look similar, but he heard many that Kris was more charismatic, a little bit more taller, and all of the good stuff, he wasn’t really bothered until he had a crush, he didn’t want his crush to compare him with Kris, because deep down he felt that Kris was more than him.

Oh goodness, Sungyeol, only if you know that Kris thought that way about you, too. Well, anyway, that’s just the basic human trait, always crave for other people’s things.

“I think it’s just your fate to be forever alone.” Min Jung snickered at Kris, giggling evilly at Kris’s misery.

“Min Jung!” Kris whined unhappily.

 

 

 

 

 

“Chanyeol?” A look of surprise quickly took over Min Jung’s face, it was 9 at night, and Chanyeol was standing right in front of her right now, which kind of baffle her, what was he doing there at her house at such time? “What are you doing here?” the question quickly slipped over with an unconscious rude tone.

Hearing the tone from Min Jung’s sentence (which was a complete misunderstanding), the male’s shoulder quickly deflated, “Sorry, Min Jung, you must hate to see me, right?” He murmured in shame as he looked down, not able to look Min Jung’s eyes.

Blinking in shock from Chanyeol’s earlier statement, Min Jung shook her head a little, though Chanyeol wasn’t able to see it, because he wasn’t looking at her face, “I’m just surprised. What is it, Chanyeol?” She repeated her question whilst putting the effort to sound more welcoming.

“Can I talk to you for a bit?”

“Well… We’re talking right now, aren’t we?”

Biting his lips, Chany

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter