The Player

W A I T I N G
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

 

It has been a week since Chanyeol announced his last girlfriend to me, I’m guessing he’s now searching me all over the place just to introduce her girlfriend that probably would only last a week. Not even a second later, I hear noisy footsteps entering the library, that level of ignorance only belongs to the one and only Park Chanyeol.

Before he can do anything that will definitely make me feel painfully embarrassed, I quickly tidy my things up, grabbing my backpack and heads to him, “MI-“ I cover his mouth with my free hand, smiling apologetically to other students, “Can you be a little bit more quiet? We’re in a library!” I hiss at him, I’ve said it thousands time but he just doesn’t listen, seriously this tall giant.

He gives me his famous adorable pout, “Sorry, Min Jung. I’m just excited to introduce you to my girlfriend!” He exclaims happily, I roll my eyes at him, “You told me the exact same thing one week ago, dumdum.”

Blinking innocently, Chanyeol tilts his head at me, “Oh? I did?”

“Oh gosh, Chanyeol you’re such an . I really can’t believe you.” I sigh at him, Chanyeol is one of my closest friend together with Baekhyun, but me and Chanyeol are especially close since we know each other ever since we were five, and the fact that his house is just five minutes away from mine makes it hard not to play together all the time. Baekhyun joined our clique in junior high school, and ever since then, the three of us becomes the trio that can’t be separated.

I crane my neck around, if he has a girlfriend, Chanyeol will definitely drags his girlfriend wherever he goes, showing it to the whole world that he got a new girlfriend. Sometimes I got confused, too. I mean of course, Chanyeol is handsome, hot, athletic, he’s not stupid, funny and all. But his reputation as a big player is known very well in our school, but yet, the girls in my school still compete to get his heart.

And sadly. Yes. I’m included.

Many girls envy me, because Chanyeol and Baekhyun stick to me all the time, but they don’t understand, though they can’t interact freely with them, at least they still have chance to be a potential girlfriend. Me? I don’t have any of that chance, simply because I don’t want to ruin our friendship.

“She went to the restroom. Let me tell you, Min Jung. She’s reallyyyyyyy pretty.” He giggles to himself, but guys since I’m already used to his bad habits of changing girls every week, I no longer feel jealous whenever he compliments his girlfriend, because I know he likes them only because of their outer appearance.

As he keeps fanboying about his girlfriend, a soft voice calls out, “Channie?”

“Ryu In!!” Chanyeol grins and he wiggles his eyebrows at me, leaning a little bit before whispering, “Pretty, right?”

 

Honestly, Ryu In is probably the only girl he dates that I quite like. His previous girlfriends were es, seriously, sure they are pretty and all, but they’re rude, they’re stupid, and ‘’ is one of their daily grammars that must be included in every sentence they say. It was such a pain hearing their voices.

Meanwhile Ryu In, I don’t know, she’s quite, and I know she likes Chanyeol genuinely, not because of his handsomeness nor his popularity, the way she looks at him and how she revolves around him is different. She doesn’t speak much, but whenever she speaks, she only says good words. Which is rare to find these days.

Plus, I know that she once beaten me for getting the first rank. Not trying to brag, but I’m quite smart myself, and it is really rare that someone got higher scores that me, that’s why I can easily spot her in my memory.

I sigh, maybe losing Chanyeol to this girl wouldn’t hurt as much.

She’s a good girl. And maybe she can help to change Chanyeol to the better.

Though I really hope that he changes because of me.

 

 

 

 

Min Jung was right, after a week, Chanyeol broke up with Ryu In. With the sweetest reason possible, at least for Min Jung. “Why did you break up with her? She’s really nice, actually, out of the girls you have dated, she’s my favorite.” She said while sipping on her bubble tea, and stealing Baekhyun’s crispy chicken because she was hungry but unfortunately forgot to bring her money. “My chicken!!!” Baekhyun gasped in horror, making Min Jung rolling her eyes at his dramatic response, “Oh gosh you’re so stingy. Fine, you want it back?” She raised an eyebrow as she was ready to throw back the crispy chicken she had popped into .

Baekhyun’s face contorted in disgust, “Ew, no. Forget whatever I said- YAH CHANYEOL DON’T STEAL MY-“ “Oh come on, Baek, don’t be too stingy, that’s probably why you’re single.”

Oh Cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter