Chapter 7

Love is Blind (Hiatus)

Sehun’s POV:

 

“You guys are dating, aren't you.” I heard people talking. "Waaah. Jongin-ah, you really must be a mind reader!” Sora exclaimed. I can recognize her voice anywhere. I slowly opened my eyes; everything looked so blurry and gradually cleared up. I saw Sora looking over at me.

 

“Oh! Sehun-ah’s awake.” she smiled. “Are you feeling better?"

 

I nodded.

 

"Oh yeah. The doctor says you'll have to use crutches for about two weeks." Amber mentioned.

 

"MWO?! That means I can't dance for 2 whole weeks." I exclaimed.

 

"It's okay. You'll be able to dance still after you recover." Jongin comforted.

 

“OHOH! GUESS WHAT!” Amber yelled in excitement.

 

“What?” I questioned.

 

“Wu Fan and Sora are finally dating!” Amber gushed.

 

“Eo? Jinjja? Congrats to you two.” I ‘smiled’.

 

I don’t know which hurt more. The thought of not being able to dance for a full two weeks, or the pain in my heart caused by the sudden news.

 

“Is it okay if you guys leave for awhile? I feel like being alone right now.” I questioned.

 

“Oh, alright. Get better soon.” Sora smiled as she left with her new boyfriend.

 

“See you later.” Amber waved.

 

“Gwaenchanha?” Jongin whispered.

 

“Please just go.”  I replied.

 

Jongin left without a word and closed the door behind him; he looked worried. I sighed. Jongin was probably right. I should've confessed to her sooner. Oh well. I'll just go back to sleep. I didn't want to think about this right now.

 

END OF POV

 

Sora's POV:

 

We left Sehun’s room and headed to the lobby.

 

“Yah, Sora. Where are you going?” Jongin questioned.

 

“Wu Fan and I were gonna go get something to eat since when we got here you guys finished all the food!” I replied.

 

“Why not just invite him over to our house to eat? Remember what hyungs said?” he mentioned.

 

“Really? On the first day? Maybe next time.” I suggested.

 

“I’m fine with going today.” Wu Fan smiled.

 

I turned towards him, “Are you sure?” I questioned.

 

He nodded with a smile. “Okay, if you want to.” I sighed. We got out of the hospital and waited for the bus to arrive. Amber and Jongin were watching videos of other dancers and checking out new dance moves.

 

“So am I meeting your parents or just your oppas?” Wu Fan questioned

 

“My mom is working, she’s a flight stewardess so she’s barely at home.” I mentioned.

 

“And your dad?” Wu Fan questioned.

 

I froze. It’s been awhile since I’ve talked about appa with anyone. I was around 4 or 5 years old when appa died. Back then, I didn’t understand what they meant by “Appa’s not coming back.” I remember going up to Junmyeon oppa asking where appa would be and he wouldn’t answer. He’d just tear up a bit.

 

“Sora-ssi!” Wu Fan kind of yelled out.

 

“Oh yeah, sorry, what was that?”

 

“What about your dad?” he questioned again.

 

“Oh.. Uhm...” I hesitated.

 

“He died when we were younger.” Jongin spoke up.

 

“Oh, I’m so sorry.” Wu Fan apologized.

 

“It’s okay.” I half-heartedly smiled.

 

We stayed silent for the rest of the ride. Amber left before us since her house was a few bus stops from ours. We finally got to our bus stop and walked until we got to the house. Junmyeon’s and Minseok’s car was parked in front of the house, indicating that they were all home. Wu Fan didn’t look nervous at all. I took his hand and looked up at him.

 

“Are you sure about this?” I asked.

 

He nodded, “Kaja.”

 

We walked towards the house. Oddly enough, Minseok opened the door before we even rang the doorbell.

 

“Annyeong!” Minseok greeted. “I’m Kim Minseok, Jongin’s and Sora’s eldest brother. Nuguseyo?”

 

“Annyeonghaseyo! Wu Fan imnida.”

 

“Ah, so you’re the Wu Fan that Sora’s been talking about.” Minseok commented.

 

“Yah! Oppa! Shhhh!”

 

Jongdae appeared. “Oh, you must be Wu Fan.” he smiled. “Come in.” He motioned.

 

Wu Fan and I entered. I smelt something like kimchi jjigae right at the moment I got inside the house. Wu Fan stayed pretty close to me, not leaving my side. I went into the kitchen and found Junmyeon cooking.

 

“Oppa! I want you to meet someone.” I smiled.

 

“Oh, who?” he asked without looking away from what he was doing.

 

“My namjachingu. Wu Fan.” I replied.

 

He instantly stopped what he was doing and turned around. “OH! Wu Fan-ssi! I’m Kim Junmyeon.” he smiled.

 

Wu Fan introduced himself again.

 

“You guys can go watch TV in the living room while I cook. I’m not done yet.” Junmyeon suggested.

 

“Arraseo oppa.” I replied and I led Wu Fan to the living room.

 

“Just a second, lemme just put my stuff in my room.” I smiled and left him.

 

I went upstairs to my room and put my school things away. Before going back, I changed into comfortable clothes and checked if I looked alright. I put some lip chap on since my lips seemed to be dry. When I was done, I went back downstairs to find Minseok, Jongdae and Jongin surrounding Wu Fan.

 

“Why do you like Sora?” “Are you going to take good care of her?” “Are you playing with her feelings or are your feelings for her sincere?” They were asking him questions like he was some criminal and they were the cops. Wu Fan just sat there calmly; answering one question at a time.

 

“Yah! Minseok oppa, Jongdae oppa, Jongin-ah, stop that.” I scolded.

 

They all looked up at me at once and stopped. They stayed silent for awhile and went back to talking to Wu Fan.

 

“So why DO you like Sora?” Minseok questioned.

 

I looked over at Wu Fan anticipating his answer.

 

He looked at me, “She’s nice, smart, and she makes me happy. She’s beautiful also.”

 

I can feel my cheeks flush a bright red.

 

“OOOOH! She’s blushing!” Jongin laughed.

 

“Shut up.” I said through gritted teeth. I covered my face in embarrassment.

 

“Let me just warn you.” Jongdae started. “Sora is the only sister we have, so just remember, if you ever hurt her, watch your back.” he threatened.

 

“Exactly. There’s 4 of us and there’s more of us if you include our cousins.” Minseok mentioned.

 

“Stop scaring the guy.” Junmyeon interrupted. “Let’s go, food’s ready.”

 

We all went into the dining room, ready to dig into whatever Junmyeon cooked for us. There was kimchi jjigae and bulgogi. Yum. For awhile, it was pretty silent, all you could hear was the chopsticks and spoons hitting the plates.

 

“So I heard you came here from Canada.” Junmyeon broke the silence.

 

“Ne.” Wu Fan replied.

 

“What’s Canada like?” Junmyeon questioned.

 

“It’s fine. The weather is bipolar there.” he answered.

 

“Oh I see, I see.” Junmyeon continued. “So, I can trust you to take care of my baby sister and make her happy right?”

 

Wu Fan smiled, "I can't promise that."

 

"Why's that?" Minseok asked.

 

"I don't believe in making promises when I'm not sure if I can keep it." he answered.

 

"He has a point." Jongdae blurted out.

 

"I see. Well, do you have any dreams in life?" Junmyeon contiuned.

 

"Ne. But those dreams won't come true." Wu Fan replied.

 

"What are those dreams exactly?"

 

"Would it be okay to keep it a secret for awhile? I just don't want to talk about it."

 

They continued talking; the conversation started to ease up a llittle bit at a time. After dinner, Wu Fan had to go home since it was getting late. Junmyeon offered him a ride home. I came along with them so it wouldn't be too awkward. Wu Fan and I sat at the backseats.

 

"So what do you think of Junmyeon oppa's cooking?" I questioned.

 

"Ohh! Jjang!" Wu Fan replied with two thumbs up. "When did you learn how to cook?"

 

"Since I was probably around 13 years old." Junmyeon replied.

 

"Waaah, you were so young." Wu Fan exclaimed.

 

"Yeah." Junmyeon laughed. "Oh, where do you live?"

 

"You can just drop me off at the train station." Wu Fan replied.

 

"Are you sure?" Junmyeon asked.

 

Wu Fan nodded. We headed to the train station and got that in just a few minutes.

 

"Thanks... uhm..." Wu Fan started.

 

"You can call me hyung." Junmyeon smiled.

 

" Thank you for the ride hyung!" Wu Fan smiled back. "See you tomorrow, Sora."

 

“Bye! Be careful!” He got out of the car and headed to the station. Junmyeon oppa and I headed back home and that’s how our day ended.


END OF POV