Chapter 2

Love is Blind (Hiatus)

Sora’s POV:

Days have passed since it was my birthday. Here I was back in school. I’m a straight A student, but I don’t actually listen to the teacher. I usually doze off in class because I’m so sleep deprived. The only reason why I get As is because I teach myself when I get home. I don’t learn well when someone teaches me; I prefer to teach myself. Mr. Lee was blabbering away about quadratics and whatnot. I looked at the time and quietly sighed in relief. The bell was going to ring in just a few seconds for lunch.

RINGGGGGGGGGG ~

I dashed out the classroom and went to my locker. I got my books for the last two periods I had for the day and headed to the library. I don’t eat lunch; I just eat in religion class since we barely do work in there. I walked in the library and found Jongin, Amber and Sehun at our usual table. I walked up to them and greeted them.

“Annyeong.” I smiled.

I sat down and took out my bio notes to study on. I just noticed that a bunch of my classmates in bio are studying in the library also.

“Did you guys study yet?” I questioned.

Sehun and Jongin nodded while Amber shook her head.

“Yah! Start studying. We have bio next period!” I scolded.

“Arasseo umma!” Amber replied.

I started studying; we tested each other to make sure we actually learned something. As I was going through my notes, someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around to find Zitao standing there.

“Hi, Sora. Is it okay if I can see your bio notes? I forgot mines at home.” Zitao replied.

“Sure.” I smiled and handed him my notes.

Huang Zitao; we all met him in grade 5. He was a new student from China. We didn’t get into a fight or anything but we somehow drifted from him. He took my notes and sat at a table nearby us. I noticed he was with a friend.

“Just a second, I’ll be back you guys.” I stated.

I went to the table Zitao was sitting at.

“Is it okay if I sit with you guys?” I asked.

“Oh, of course.” Zitao smiled.

I sat across from Zitao’s friend.

“Annyeonghaseyo. Kim Sora imnida.” I bowed and smiled; having eye contact with the stranger.

“An-annyeonghase-seyo. Wu Fan imnida.” he said awkwardly.

“Oh, Sora. Wufan is new to Korea. He’s chinese and he’s still learning korean so his korean is kind of awkward.” Zitao explained.

I nodded. I asked a few questions and got to know him more. Wu Fan is 17 years old which meant he was in grade 11. He’s fluent in english, mandarin, cantonese and is currently learning korean. He lived in Canada for a few years. He was quite shy. Wufan seemed real awkward so I decided to leave them be and go back to my table.

“What was that all about?” Amber questioned as she saw me come back.

“Oh nothing.” I smiled.

I looked back over to Wufan and found my own heart beating quicker than usual. I smiled to myself. The bell finally rang for third period. We got our books together and headed of to bio class. We all wished each other good luck and started the test.

-Last bell rings-

Finally, the school day’s over for today; but my day wasn’t over yet.

“YAH! Sora! Hurry up!” Sehun shouted.

Three days a week, Jongin, Sehun, Amber and I have dance practices. It’s so much better now that we have an actual dance studio all to ourselves. The dance studio was near our house. We used to just dance in our garage at home which didn’t have much space and didn’t have mirrors for us to watch ourselves dance. We all loved to dance ever since we were young. We also have the same dream; to become an idol.

“Waaah! Daebak!” Amber and Sehun said at the same time.

Although Jongin and I have already been to our dance studio to decorate it, it was Amber’s and Sehun’s first time here.

“Let’s all change and get started.” Jongin suggested.

We all nodded and separated to change. Luckily, our oppas bought a dance studio with change rooms. It only took us awhile to change and we finally started dance practice. Of course, we stretched first so we don’t hurt ourselves.

“Did everyone stretch and warmup?” Amber questioned.

“NE!” We shouted.

Amber started the music and we practiced with Infinite’s songs and dances. We do make up our own dances for other songs, but we practice with our idols’ songs. We use a different idols’ songs every time we practice. We danced to the Infinite songs we knew and started our own choreography for T-Pain’s Freeze. The loud music and the music just flowing through my body was what I loved about dancing. When I’m stressed, I usually dance my heart out. It’s a really good feeling to just dance.

A few hours passed without breaks and we were literally soaked in our own sweat. Although I was pretty exhausted from dancing, I didn’t want to stop.

“Okay, let’s take a break.” Jongin said as he tried to catch his breath.

Jongin dropped to the ground and just stayed there; laying down. Amber went outside to get some fresh air. Sehun and I wiped our sweat off before going out to buy some beverages and food at a nearby convenience store. As we went into the store, we bowed and greeted the ahjumma working there.

“What should we buy?” Sehun asked.

“Chilsung cidar and water!” I smiled.

He nodded and smiled also. We bought a few chips; Sehun made a phone call to order jjajangmyun for all of us. We paid the things we got and headed back to the dance studio. Amber was in the corner practicing her rapping while Jongin practiced more on his dancing.

“Who’s hungry?” I asked.

“ME!” Amber shouted.

“We only have chips right now, but jjajangmyun is on it’s way.” I smiled.

We started munching on chips until our order came. Four jjajangmyuns with side dishes; kimchi and bean sprouts. We just sat in the center of our dance studio and ate our food. No one even talked as we ate. I’m guessing we were all too hungry and tired out from dancing. We finished eating and took a rest before continuing our practice. Jongin and Sehun were on the laptop on the other side of the room while Amber and I were just sitting in a corner talking.

“So what was up with you talking to Zitao’s friend in the library today?” Amber questioned.

“Oh, it’s nothing. You know me, I love meeting new people.” I smiled.

“You like him, don’t you?” Amber teased.

I almost choked on the water I was drinking, “MWO?! No no! it’s not like that.” I stuttered.

Amber started laughing, “Don’t lie! You’re so bad at lying. You can never look anyone in the eyes when you’re lying.”

I raised eyebrow, “Says who?”

“Me. If it’s not true, then look me in the eyes and tell me you don’t like him.” Amber suggested.

I looked Amber straight into her eyes. “I...” *Wait, why am I hesitating! DON’T HESITATE SORA!*

Amber just laughed as she waited.

“Idon’tlikehim.” I said quickly and looked away.

“EEEEY! WHAT WAS THAT?!” Amber blurted out. “You do like him!”
“No I don’t.” I answered with my head down.

“Suit yourself. The more you deny that, the more you’re gonna like him.”

Amber and I had this awkward silence afterwards. I gave in.

“OKAY! Okay. I do like him. Happy?” I answered.

“Aww! Sora-yah!” Amber teased. “What’s his name? Is he in our grade? What’s his personality like? What does he look like?”

Amber bombed me with questions. I started laughing.

“You really want to know that bad?”

“Well of course!” she replied.

“Well, he’s from China and his name is Wu Fan. “ I started. I told her everything that I knew about him. Of course I didn’t know that much about him, just the basics. Amber listened attentively. Jongin and Sehun came out of nowhere.

“What are you guys talking about?” Jongin chimed in.

“OH! SORA LIKE-” “NOTHING.” I blurted out as I covered Amber’s mouth.

“Sora, you like someone?! Why didn’t you tell oppa.” Jongin teased.

“Yah! You’re only 5 minutes older than me, you’re not my oppa!’ I stated.

Jongin laughed, “But do you like anybody?”

I didn’t answer.

“You can tell us, we’re all friends here right?” Jongin assured.

I thought about it and nodded slowly.

“Jinjja?! Who?” Sehun asked.

“His name is Wu Fan.” I said once again.

Just like Amber, they both bombarded me with questions. The exact same questions too and I answered the same way I answered to Amber with her questions. After all the questions were asked and answered, we went back to dancing until it was dark out and we had to go home.

END OF POV
________________________________________________________________________