Chapter 1

Love is Blind (Hiatus)

Author’s POV:

January 14th, 1996. Fraternal twins were born on that day. One of them was named Kim Jongin. A very handsome baby boy. Five minutes later, Kim Sora was born; she was the most beautiful baby girl anyone has ever seen. As the nurses put Sora and Jongin in the nursery, 3 little boys with their father were trying to get a close look at their new siblings.

“Appa! Which ones are our siblings?” the oldest out of the three, Kim Minseok, questioned.

Their appa points over to where Sora and Jongin were placed.

“The boy’s name is Kim Jongin and the girl’s name is Kim Sora.” Mr. Kim mentioned. “You guys will take care of them, right?”

Kim Jongdae didn’t understand since he was only 2 years old. Kim Minseok and Kim Junmyeon nodded though. They did a pinky promise with their father to take care of Jongin and Sora. They will be the ones to give Jongin advice and will always be there for Jongin. Same with Sora, they will cherish and take care of her. If anyone were to hurt them, especially Sora, those people would never be forgiven.

Years passed; Jongin and Sora grew up well, something devastating happened though. Their father was a pilot and their mother was a stewardess; one day, the plane he was flying didn’t have enough gas in it. Which lead to an airplane crash. A few survived with injuries while the rest died. Their mother was part of those who survived while their father was one of the ones who died that day. Jongin, Sora and Jongdae were pretty young so they didn’t understand at the time.

After a few more years, they recovered from their father’s death; but they do miss him alot. Their mother has fully recovered and went back to working as a stewardess. She’s not home most of the time because her job. Other than that, the Kim family has been living pretty well.

END OF POV

January 14th, 2012

Sora’s POV:

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SORA AND JONGIN, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.”

Junmyeon oppa was holding the cake, while Jongdae oppa and Minseok oppa were throwing confetti around. Jongin and I were sitting beside each other at the dining table. We were finally 16 years old. All our relatives and friends were here. I was happy to see all of them, but sadly, umma wasn’t here since she had to work. They were all waiting for Jongin and I to blow out the candles. We counted down and blew the candles together. After, we cut the cake and handed plates out to everyone, they all went to their groups. The uncles and aunts together, teenagers in one room or the basement while little kids just ran around everywhere.

“Happy birthday, Sora-yah. Happy birthday, Jongin-ah.” Sehun greeted.

“Sehun-ah. You’re here.” I smiled.

Oh Sehun was Jongin and my best friend. He’s our childhood friend; we’ve been friends with him since we were around 3 or 4 years old. A lot of people’s first impression of him was that he’s really shy; he is pretty shy when you first meet him. When Sehun’s around us though, he can be pretty crazy sometimes. He loves dancing just as much as Jongin and I do.

“Of course! Why wouldn’t I come to my best friends’ birthday party? Especially when there’s a lot of food.” he laughed.

We talked for awhile then decided to head to the basement. My older brothers were already downstairs playing video games. Our other best friend, Amber, was playing video games as well. We’ve all known Amber Liu since we were in grade four. She was sensitive and emotional back then. She also got bullied a lot since she didn’t understand that much korean. I guess she was tired from all the bullying that she decided to toughen up. Sometimes she seems more like a guy, but she does fall in love like any other girl.

“Amber! Wassup?” I exclaimed with a smile.

“Eo, Sora-yah. Wanna join us?” Amber questioned.

“Ani. I’m good. I’ll just go to Yoona unnie.” I answered.

She nodded and continued playing. Yoona unnie was on the couch talking to Krystal and Jessica unnie. Im Yoona was our second cousin and was an only child; so she loved hanging out with us a lot. Krystal and Jessica unnie are our other cousins; they’re sisters. They were born in America and moved to South Korea a few years ago. Both Yoona and Jessica are actually in an idol group called Girl’s Generation under SM Entertainment. Krystal is a trainee under SM Entertainment also, so I was pretty surprised that they were able to get here with their usual busy schedule.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SORA-YAH!” Krystal called out.

I smiled, “Thank you.”

They all gave me a hug. Yoona unnie was the longest to give me a hug.

“Waaah, you’re growing up along with Jongin-ah.” Yoona sighed. “You’re almost as tall as me, Sora-yah!”

I laughed, “Jongin-ah’s already taller than you.”

“Watch Yoona be the shortest later on in life.” Jessica commented.

“YAH!” Yoona shouted. “You better start running.”

Jessica laughed and started running as quick as she can. Yoona ran after her, yelling as she did.

I laughed at the sight of them. While Yoona and Jessica were chasing after each other, Krystal and I chatted for awhile. I was older than Krystal by several months but not enough for her to call me unnie. She was in the same grade as me but we didn’t have much classes together.

“So did you find anyone you like yet?” Krystal asked.

I got to thinking but no one popped up in my mind so I shook my head.

“Really?” Krystal questioned.

“Yup. No one has caught my eyes yet.” I replied.

Suddenly, Yoona and Jessica came back, panting from running too much.

“What are you guys talking about?” Jessica wondered.

“Oh nothing, just wondering if Sora had a crush on anyone.” Krystal replied immediately.

“Oh, do you?” Jessica asked me.

“Aniyo, unnie.” I smiled.

“What about Sehunnie?” Yoona questioned, pointing towards him who was playing videos games.

I laughed, “Aniyo! Me liking Sehun-ah? He’s like a brother to me, like another twin.”

“Ah, I see.” Yoona nodded.

For the rest of the party, I left Yoona, Jessica and Krystal talking to themselves as I joined my oppas and best friends. They played games for hours as I watched them. After the 20th game or so, Junmyeon oppa realized something.

“Yah. Shouldn’t you guys start opening your presents?” he questioned.

“Oh right!” Jongin exclaimed.

We all went back upstairs to living room and called everyone to gather. People starting giving them our presents one by one. Most of the presents we got were clothes, jewelry, music and money. The last ones we opened were from Junmyeon oppa, Minseok oppa, Jongdae oppa, Amber and Sehun. Junmyeon, Minseok and Jongdae’s present was for both me and Jongin. It was a key, we both got a key each. We looked at Junmyeon puzzled.

“It’s a key to your guys’ own dance studio, so you guys aren’t stuck dancing in the garage. We all chipped in some money for it.” Junmyeon explained with a smile.

I ran up to all three of them; hugging them as I thanked them with tears of joy.

“Thank you so much, oppa!” I smiled.

“You’re welcome. Anything for you guys.” Minseok smiled back.

Jongin came up and thanked them also with a hug. We went back and continued opening the last few presents. Amber’s present was next; for Jongin, she got him awesome clothes that were perfect for dancing. For me, she got me a blue, puffy dress. I glared at her.

“What? You don’t have enough dresses in your wardrobe.” she commented.

“You don’t either.” I mentioned.

We laughed it off. It was true though, I didn’t wear that many dresses or skirts. I wasn’t the type to dress up that girly. I do have style though. I gave her a hug and thanked her for the gift and next was Sehun’s present. It wasn’t anything big but it was meaningful. Jongin and I both got those dog tag necklaces except there were different messages carved into them. Amber got one also. My name was carved in on the front along with Jongin’s, Sehun’s and Amber’s name at the bottom. While on the back there was a short message from Sehun, which read: “Dear Sora-yah, Dream, believe and achieve. Don’t give up on your dreams! HWAITING! Love, your best friend, Oh Sehun. “

“Aww, thank you.” I commented as I hugged Sehun.

“You’re welcome.” He smiled; returning the hug back.

After opening all the presents, it was already late and people started to go home. They all wished us a happy birthday again before leaving. After the house was emptied, we needed to start cleaning up. Everyone had something to do except for me. I walked into the kitchen and went up to Junmyeon.

“Oppa, do you guys need help with anything?” I questioned.

“No, it’s okay, you can go to sleep.” he replied.

“But I want to help.” I commented.

I ended up yawning a few seconds after.

“See? You’re tired. Go to bed now, eo?” Junmyeon smiled.

“Ne, oppa.” I replied.

I walked up the stairs towards my room as I bumped into Jongdae.

“You going to sleep now?” he asked.

I nodded my head sleepily.

“Want me to tuck you into bed?” he asked again.

I smiled and nodded. We walked into my bedroom as I fell onto my bed. Jongdae oppa tucked me into bed and sat beside me as he combed his fingers through my hair and sang a song until I fell asleep. As I was falling alseep, I heard Jongdae oppa faintly saying “Good night, Sora-yah.” and I was off to my dreamland.

END OF POV
____________________________________________________________________________

AN: Annyeonghaseyo! ^^ Thanks for reading this chapter. I hope you enjoyed it! Please do comment, subscribe and even suggest ideas if you want (: I hope you liked it! I'll update soon (: