Christmas Special with Yongguk: Part 2

Behind That Bright Smile [Sequel to Behind the Thick-Framed Glasses]

 

✻chapter eight:
the christmas special: part 2
yongguk's pov
 

"L.Joe?" I had just woke myself up with cold water so I knew I was wide awake. Yet there he was, looking back at me from the mirror and replacing my own reflection.

The blonde was wearing a black ninja suit identical like Changjo's, only instead of a red belt he had a blue belt. "The name's Lee Byunghun. I'm the ninja of Christmas present. Jonghyun has told you about me, has he not?"

"Yes, he has." I replied. "Are you going to show me what Zelo's doing right now?"

"Yep, you got that right." L.Joe nodded and pointed to the bathroom shower. "Now go in there and turn on the water."

"You want me to take a shower in my clothes?" I exclaimed.

"Just do it." L.Joe said. "Or take your sweet time. Unlike Jonghyun, I have all night to wait for you."

I sighed and stepped into the shower, using the shower curtain to cover me. "Don't you dare peep, L.Joe."

"Why would I?" He snorted. "My name is Byunghun, not byuntae."

I ignored him and turned the handle to 'warm' water. The water came down to me from the shower head but instead of getting wet, I was still dry. As soon as the first few drops of water hit the tiled floor, it burst into sparkly powder and once again I was swallowed by the girly substance. Seriously, these ninjas have to stop watching Twilight or Barbie or whatever they get their sparkly ideas from.

The sparkly powdery mist parted and I found myself in a room full of mirrors. A million Yongguk's stared back at me and I never felt so intimidated in my life. The only mirror that didn't have my reflection was the one that showed the bathroom I was just in a moment ago. L.Joe stood by it and motioned me to go over to him.

"Wow, I didn't know you were so self-centered, L.Joe. Do you use all these mirrors to gaze at your beautiful face all day and night?" I asked him.

"Shut up." He said to me before ripping a mirror off the wall, revealing a huge gaping hole in the wall. "Now jump through this hole."

"What, no unicorns this time?" I teased, positioning myself at the entrance of the dark tunnel.

"Apparently author-nim thinks I'm too irresponsible for a unicorn." The ninja of Christmas present fumed. He turned to the author and screamed. "That's not fair, I want a unicorn too!"

Lee Byunghun, get on with the story or I'll give you a foot up your y instead of a unicorn.

He grunted in reply and I let out a laugh. He turned back to me and without warning, gave me a big push. "Don't you dare laugh at the ninja of Christmas present!"

The hole in the wall was basically a tunnel slide and the next thing I knew, I was covered in darkness as I slid down to... somewhere. "Hey, L.Joe! Where exactly does this tunnel lead to?"

"You'll see when we get there!" The fail of a ninja was right behind me, enjoying the ride. "Woohoo!!"

We slid along the dark tunnel, the cold wind blowing past us and stinging our cheeks, until the tunnel ended and we fell down with a loud 'plop' onto the ground. I landed first, on my face once again, and L.Joe right on top of me.

"Ugh, get off of me!" I said, pushing him off.

"Ya, don't get my ninja suit all dirty!" He huffed, dusting off the imaginary lint off his ninja suit.

"Pfft, like I care." I rolled my eyes. "And you're heavy too."

"No, I'm not, I weigh only about 50kg!!" He spat back.

"So what? Stupid gravity pulls you down when you fall and you're still heavy, it hurts!"

"You're making that up!"

"No, I'm not, there are scientists who say so too!"

"Who then?"

"Eun Mi noona~!"

"Oh really, I don't think- wait, what!?" L.Joe looked at me with wide eyes. "Did you just say Eun Mi?!"

"No, that wasn't me." I said, holding my hands up. "Oh right, where are we by the way?"

I looked around at the new surrounding and discovered we were in Eun Mi and Zelo's apartment. Eun Mi was laying on the floor, half-asleep while Zelo was at the foot of her blanket. He has prodding her side, trying to wake her up. 

"Eun Mi noona~" He called again.

I turned back to L.Joe. "Wait, we went through all that just to come here?! We could've just walked next door instead of going through the room of mirrors and that tunnel-slide thing!"

"That would've been no fun." He puffed his cheeks out. "Anyways, what's important now is paying attention to Zelo. So hush; he may not hear us, but if you keep yaking on and on we can't hear him."

"I do not 'yak on and on'!" I protested, but he just shushed me and I crossed my arms, fuming.

Zelo had successfully woken up Eun Mi, who was now sitting up and giving the maknae a glare that said you dare wake me up from my beauty sleep?

"It's around 2am, right now, Zelo..." She stopped when she saw his sad face. "What is it? What's wrong?" 

The rapper pouted. "I can't sleep, noona."

"Why? What's bothering you?" Eun Mi asked in a concerned voice. "Is it too cold in here? Too warm? Or are you thirsty?"

"No, it's just..." Zelo looked down at his fingers, fumbling with the blanket. "Yongguk-hyung said he won't give me a present. It's Christmas tomorrow but he said I didn't need any presents."

"Really? That's what's troubling you?" Eun Mi let out a small chuckle.

"I've been a good boy lately!" Zelo said. "I've gone to practice every day without complaining, memorized all my lines, completed my homework, and even did everyone's laundry! But Yongguk-hyung won't give me anything... Maybe I'm still not a good maknae towards the team."

Eun Mi looked down at him and ruffled his hair. "Zelo, I'm sure Yongguk didn't mean it. I bet you that he'll surprise you with a nice present tomorrow for working so hard."

He looked up at her with round eyes, which were full of hope. "Really?"

"Really." She smiled genuinely at him. "Yongguk cares about you too, you know. He just doesn't want to come off as a softie who's weakness is the maknae."

Zelo giggled and Eun Mi patted him on the head. "Go to sleep now, okay? Then you can wake up early and open that present he has for you."

"Okay." Zelo smiled brightly and gave her a hug. "Thanks noona!"

She hugged him back. "You're welcome."

I heard someone sniffle behind me and turned around, tearing myself away from the fluffy scene. "L.Joe, are you crying?!?"

"It's just- *sniffle* -so beautiful!" He cried, tears streaming down his cheeks. "How can Eun Mi be such an angel and talk with words like that? She must be a saint with a heart of gold!"

I rolled my eyes. "Oh, it up like a man. I didn't know you were one of those drama queens kings who cried their heart out during Kdramas."

L.Joe stopped bawling his eyes out to glare at me. "What did you say?! I do not!!"

"Sure you do. So, why'd you bring me here?" I asked, wanting to get to the point and not beat around the bush.

By the way, why would you even beat around a bush? I know it doesn't mean it literally and that I get the message, but why beat around the bush when you can use a leaf-blower to blow it to smithereens? 

Yongguk, what are you doing?

Anyways... As I was saying...

"I brought you here to show you how much Zelo wanted cherry tomatoes. Don't you see how sad and heart-broken he is?" L.Joe pointed at the small boy, who was now back in bed and staring at the ceiling. "He's depressed like those girls in kdramas whenever they break up with somebody. They cry, they complain, they cry, they eat, and then cry some more."

I snorted a his idiotness. "Yeah, right. It's just some stupid tomatoes, why can't he get over it?"

"Yes, it's just some stupid tomatoes. So go get some stupid tomatoes for the poor maknae and get it over with." L.Joe argued with me. "Why are you being so stubbornly immature?"

"I am not." I grunted. "Now, can I go back so I can get some actual sleep?"

"Poor Eun Mi, thinking that you're some kind of hyung who thinks about his dongsaengs..." The blonde ninja sighed before picking up a bucket of water out of nowhere. 

"What are you going to do with that bucket, L.Joe?" I asked nervously, backing away slowly.

He grinned at me. "See you later, Bang Yongguk."

With that, he took the bucket and poured the cold water over my head. I shut my eyes and covered my face. "Ya, Lee Byunghun!!"

There was no answer and I was left hanging again. I opened my eyes and turns out I had teleported back into the shower in my bathroom. The water was running and I was getting wet for real this time.

"Aish, that little..." I trailed off, shutting off the shower water and reaching to grab a towel off the nearby rack to dry myself off. "Getting me wet for nothing..."

I changed into some sleeping attire and went to bed, hoping no more ninjas would come strolling into my apartment and annoy me even more. It was time for some shut-eye.

Were cherry tomatoes that important to Zelo? They were just food, not like they were something special or anything... 

I rolled over on my bed and stared at the wall. The others were sound asleep with no care in the world and I was here, wondering if I should give Zelo those tomatoes he wanted.

I should give them to him, shouldn't I?

No, he needs to learn that he can't have all the things he wants.

"Aish..." I rolled onto my other side, irritated by all this 'thinking', and tried to keep in the gasp that came out of my mouth. Right there, laying next to me on my bed, was Eun Mi, in another ninja suit.

She smiled at me. "Hello there, Bang Yongguk."

I mentally groaned. Not again.

 


 

A/N: My dad just installed Windows 8 on the computer and I tell you, it's flipping stupid. First off, it deleted all the stuff I saved on the computer. Second, whenever I type on AFF to post my upcoming chapters IT WON'T LET ME PRESS 'ENTER' AND START A NEW PARAGRAPH. Third, for some reason I cannot copy and paste my text into this box so I have to re-type EVERYTHING. Fourth, whenever I press backspace to delete something, it returns me BACK TO THE SITE BEFORE. None of you guys know how mad I am right now T^T