The Request

Behind That Bright Smile [Sequel to Behind the Thick-Framed Glasses]

 

 

✻ chapter eleven:
the request
eun mi's pov
 

"Jessica, can you help me with this?"

"No."

"Can you hold this for me?"

"No."

"Can you hand me the calculator?"

"No."

"Can you flip the page for me?

"No."

"Can you-"

"No."

I sighed in frustration. "Come on, you have to help me with something! I'm can't do the assignment all by myself!"

"Sure you can." She said, not looking up from the phone she was using in secret under the table. "Just... you know, do it."

Shaking my head in disbelief, I saw Himchan shoot me an apologetic look from where he sat with Taeyeon. I rolled up my sleeves, blew my bangs out of my face, and picked up my pencil.

Oh well, I wasn't going to get my first bad grade just because of her refusal of helping me. Even if it meant doing it all by myself, I'd do it.

Fifty-seven minutes and 32 seconds later, I had finished the experiment and was writing the concluclusion-essay-paper. Whenever I start working on something, my mind practically shuts out the rest of the world and I'm focused only at the task at hand, be it math equation sets or physics problems. It's been a habit of mine and that's how I get things done quick.

I was on the last paragraph, stating why and how and when and whatnot, when Jessica popped me out of my bubble of science.

"You know, Eun Mi, this is ridiculous." She said.

"You finally realized!" I said, still scribbling down my opinion about the results and why my prediction was right (I'm always right, by the way). "You could at least finish writing this for me-"

"I'm not talking about the paper, you nerd. I'm talking about you and the scandal with Zelo."

I stopped writing and looked up at her. "What?"

"Isn't tricking L.Joe into dating you enough? Why do you have to go seduce Zelo too?" She babbled, still texting away on her phone. "Are you really that desperate for attention, from both of them and from the entire student body too?"

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Jessica, the Queenka that basically lived for attention, said what about me?

"So maybe all this fame has gotten into your head, but don't you realize that scandals can cost a celebrity their career?" She talked on nonchalantly. "If L.Joe or Zelo lost their singing career, won't you-"

SNAP.

The blonde beauty stopped talking and looked at me. Listening to her talk like that made me grip my pencil tightly and I had snapped it in half.

"First off, I did not trick L.Joe into dating me." I said, gritting my teeth. "Second, I did not seduce Zelo, I consider him as a little brother. Lastly, they will not lose their singing career, scandals are nothing and will not take them down that easily."

Class ended just as I slammed my broken pencil onto the desk loudly and I grabbed my backpack angrily, marching out of the classroom and somewhat pissed.

I was so ticked off at what Jessica had said. Was it so hard to accept that L.Joe loved me for who I was? That nerds can be loved by Kingkas too? I mean, it always happens in dramas... but then again, nobody accepts it in dramas either.

Why must everyone think so stereotypically? 

I entered the locker room, since I had gym next as my last class of the day, and changed quickly into my gym uniform in the almost empty locker room and entered the gym. Sooyoung appeared right behind me and the other classmates started filing in as well.

"Hey, Eun Mi! What's up- Are you okay?" Her playful and upbeat voice dropped to a concerned and quiet tone once she saw me.

"What? Yeah, of course, I'm totally fine, no need to ask." I replied as normally as I could. Was my being-annoyed-face really showing?

The shikshin raised her eyebrow. "Erm... Okay, then... If you say so."

The coach/teacher came in and all the students lined up for warm-ups and once I saw Jessica smirk at me from her usual posse, I scoffed and turned away. She was really getting on my nerves. I've tolerated her for the past three years but now I've had enough; I wasn't going to listen to her next time.

My mind had thrown jumping jacks out the window a long time ago so I was mindlessly following the teacher's instructions, just trying to calm myself down and forget what Jessica had said. But one question remained in my mind: could a scandal make L.Joe or Zelo lose their jobs?

Once gym ended, my mind had even more questions and I was totally worn out. Glad to be in my normal clothes and finally able to head home, I spotted L.Joe over at the edge of the school yard and raced after him. 

What was I thinking? Of course not; they would never. Jessica's words were really getting to me...

"L.Joe!" I cried, giving him a side hug. "How was your day today?"

He shook me off lightly and looked away. "Uh... It was okay, I guess."

I was puzzled; what was wrong with him today? He wasn't acting his usual self and it bugged me. "L.Joe, what's wrong?"

"Eun Mi... I have something to tell you." He suddenly said.

"What? That fangirls are crazy?" I laughed lightly. "Oh, that reminds me; we should hurry and leave before any of your fangirls see us..."

"No, I'm being serious this time."

I stopped smiling once I saw the serious expression he had on his face. "What is it? What's wrong?"

He paused for a second before answering.

"I think we should break up."

 

 


▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
 
✻ author's note the dorky me
I haven't updated in ages, I give you guys the most shortest and crappiest chapter ever, and L.Joe is going to do what with Eun Mi?
Erm... Happy New Year? #gets bricked
~Ljjang창조♪