Christmas Special With Yongguk: Part 3

Behind That Bright Smile [Sequel to Behind the Thick-Framed Glasses]

 

 
✻chapter eight:
the christmas special: part 3
yongguk's pov
 
 

"Eun Mi? What are you doing in my bed?"

She grinned a mischievous grin that sent shivers down my spine. I've never seen her grin, much less with a mischievous glint in her eyes, and it creeped me out.

Like the others, she had a ninja belt around her waist. This time it was green and she had her hair tied up as well. But unlike Changjo and L.Joe, she had a strap on her back to hold what must be a ninja sword.

Whoa, Eun Mi and swords? What universe are we on now?

"My name is not Eun Mi." She said. "It is Awesome-Master-Eun-Mi-the-Epic-Ninja-of-Christmas-Future-Sensei."

"Well then, Awesome-Master-Eun-Mi-the-Epic-Ninja-of-Christmas-Future-Sensei, what are you doing in my bed?" I asked again.

"To annoy you, of course." She winked. "Also to show you what will happen in the near future if you don't give Zelo what he deserves for Christmas; yummy cherry tomatoes."

"Jinjja?!" I sighed. "I thought you were the normal one out of all of us, Eun Mi- er, I mean Awesome-Master-Eun-Mi-Ninja-of-Christmas-Future-Sensei."

"YOU FORGOT 'THE EPIC' IN FRONT OF NINJA!!" She shrieked and kicked me off the bed, causing me to land on my this time instead of my already harmed (but still beautiful) face.

"Aish, you're probably the most weirdest out of them all." I muttered under my breath.

I didn't even have time to finish my sentence before I felt something cold against my neck. Eun Mi was now standing before me with her ninja sword held out under my neck, the edge of it's sharp tip grazing against my skin. If she added a little bit more pressure, I'd surely be done for.

"I heard that." She said threateningly. "Now, be a good boy and get on Silver Star, my pet unicorn, before I really do something to you."

Suddenly, out of no where, a pretty fangirl burst into the story and knocked Eun Mi's ninja sword out of her grip and it landed with a ear-splitting clang onto the floor. This certain fangirl went by the name of Sarangheniel

"Andwae!! I'll save you, Yongguk!" She said to him and faced Eun Mi. "You evil monster, what are you doing to our Yonggukie?!?"

"Who is this?" Eun Mi smiled eagerly. "Oooh, you're pretty. And tall too! Whoa..."

"Oh, you think I'm pretty?" Sarangheniel gushed. "Really?"

"Yeah!" Eun Mi nodded. "But can we talk later? I have to go do something..."

"You're not gonna hurt Yongguk, are you?" The fangirl asked, looking back at me. Seriously, I've never met her in my entire life and I'm wondering why Author-nim is doing this...

"No, don't worry. I'd be murdered if I did anything to him." Eun Mi said. With that, she threw a bunch of glitter confetti at Sarangheniel. The fangirl disappeared, leaving behind only a few specks of glitter. She smiled and turned to me. "Now, with that over with, let's go!"

Eun Mi hopped onto a nearby unicorn that had magically appeared at the end of my bed. This pet unicorn was not black but instead silver and it's mane sparkled with.... ugh, more glitter. On it's forehead was a birthmark of some sort in a shape of a star. Or maybe it was just an add on adhesive sticker. Sighing, I followed her and sat behind her on Silver Star. 

"Alrighty, let's go!!" She gave the silver unicorn a pat on the head and it nuzzled it's nose into her palm before it began to gallop towards the wall.

"Wait, Eun Mi, we're gonna crash-"

WOOSH.

"-nevermind." I should've known; ninjas and unicorns can travel through walls too.

It was even colder now outside and dawn was coming (A/N: Before the daaaaaaaawn, before the daaaaaaaaaaaawn~). The sky was slowly turning a light gray and you could see the moon faintly among the gray clouds. I had no idea where the unicorn was taking us but after a while, we stopped in front of a-

"Where are we?" I asked Eun Mi. She didn't answer and instead told Silver Star to halt to a stop and with a POOF the unicorn disappeared from under us, causing us to fall to the ground in a heap.

"What is up with you ninjas and your love with falling gravity?" I asked, getting up.

Eun Mi still didn't answer and instead silently stood up and turned to stare at something behind me. I followed her gaze and looked at where she was staring at.

We had arrived at a DVD Shop that belonged to a small shopping venue. On display in the store's window were a bunch of TVs, stereos, radios, and stacks of music albums from the floor all the way to the ceiling. One of the TVs were on and were showing a ranking list of some sort.
I inched closer to the display and read what was on the screen.

Mnet Countdown 2013
First Place: Big Bang
Second Place: Girl's Generation
Third Place: 2ne1
Fourth Place: EXO
Fifth Place: Super Junior
Sixth Place: B2ST


It was the chart for the music ranking next year! I moved closer and skimmed down the list of idol groups and names.

Seventh Place: Ailee
Eighth Place: TVXQ...
Tenth Place: Infinite...
Twelfth Place: Teen Top...
Fifteenth Place: FT Island...
Seventeenth Place: Kara...
Twenty-second Place: Juniel...
Thirtieth Place: ZE:A


"Huh?" I said out loud. "Where's B.A.P.?"

Teen Top was ranked twelfth on the music chart, which was pretty good. But what about us? What about the Best Absolute Perfect group that had gained tons of fans even before officially debuting? Something was fishy.

About the word 'fishy'... Why would you describe something as fishy? Raw fish reeks and smells horrible, so that's not a good thing. And why do we use it to describe a suspicious situation? Are fish suspicious-looking? No, I don't think so, I think Himchan looks waaaaaaay more suspicious than a fish.

Hey, Yongguk? What does punishment mean? Oh, wait... It's a consequence someone has to go through after they do something bad or not supposed to so. Maybe I should give you a punishment for straying off the current topic TWICE.

"Hey, Awesome-Master-Eun-Mi-the-Epic-Ninja-of-Christmas-Future!" I quickly stood up and ignored the voice on my head. "How come I don't see- OW!!"

She had wacked me on the head with the handle of her sword (wait, when did she pick that up?) and finally said something. "You forgot 'sensei' at the end."

"Okay, sure, whatever! Just answer me; how come I don't see B.A.P. up here?!"

She lowered her sword and put it back into it's slot on her back before walking into the DVD Store. "Think about it. This is the future."

"Future..." I murmured. Wait, so we weren't doing well in the music industry? Nah, impossible! We're one of the most known groups!

I went into the shop right after her and peered at all the Kpop albums that lined up the shelves. It went from alphabetical order, so I the spine as I searched for 'B.A.P.'

100%: Bad Boy...
4Minute: Volume Up...
Ace of Angels: Get Out...
After School: Flashback...
Ailee: Invitation...
B1A4: In the Wind...
B2ST: Midnight Sun...
Big Bang: Alive...
Boyfriend: Janus...
BTOB: Press Play...


Hold on a second. B.A.P. is supposed to be right after B2ST and before Big Bang! Yet nothing was there, no B.A.P. album, no nothing.

"Wha-?" I couldn't believe it; even the store didn't sell our album! I shook Eun Mi's shoulder. "Why isn't our album here?"

"You really don't know?" She shook her head in disapproval. "Come, after me."

The ninja exited the shop and I followed out to the road again. By this time, people were starting to wake up and leave for work, so I'm guessing the time was around 6am or 7am-ish.

"See, the reason why you don't see B.A.P. products anymore is because..." She said solemnly. "You didn't get Zelo any tomatoes and he became all depressed and wouldn't perform with B.A.P. He was so depressed, he couldn't rap or dance anymore so he quit the group."

"You're lying." I scoffed.

"I'm a ninja with a unicorn and I'm showing you the future. Do you think I'm lying?" She told me crossly. "Anyways, without Zelo, B.A.P. couldn't go on because all his pedo-noonas were upset that he left and then the group was disbanded, less than a year after their debut."

"Andwae!" I exclaimed, hearing the news. "That's not true, that's ridiculous!"

"It is true!" Eun Mi stuck her tongue out at me. "And not only that, there were riots breaking out all over the place for a while. Fangirls demanded Zelo and B.A.P. back but nooooooooo, he was sent to the hospital for mental/depression treatment to deal with his tomato-obsession. Also everyone blamed you for it and you became everyone's least favorite idol."

"You have a really cruel imagination, Eun Mi. Seriously, that would never happen and-"

She cut me off and pointed to our right. "You don't believe me? Then fine, look over there and see for yourself."

The ninja of Christmas future was pointing to an intersection where cars were driving by. Standing at the stop sign was a blonde boy, wearing some ragged and worn up clothes, holding up a sign made of cardboard. On it was written: Please give me money. I need food.

"Who is that?" I asked.

Eun Mi sighed. "Were you really ranked first as meber with the oldest mental age in B.A.P.? Because you should know this one."

I squinted at the boy holding the sign and realized it was... none other than myself. "Whoa, what am I doing? Why am I a beggar?"

"Didn't I say that after B.A.P. disbanded, people blamed you for Zelo's depression? You became the idol that was least-liked by netizens. After losing your dream job you dropped out of school and had no where to go, since you couldn't afford to pay for your apartment expenses."

"Me? A hobo? Andwae." I repeated. "Andwae!"

I watched as my future self waved to a driver that ignored me and passed by in his shiny red car. Another car came by and stopped when the light turned red, allowing my future self to go up to their window and get their attention. The driver rolled down their y window (A/N: EYK reference) but instead of giving money, they threw a piece of trash at my future self's head. The light overhead turned green and the car sped off, the driver laughing me.

"What about the others? Himchan, and Jongup? Daehyun and Youngjae?" I asked her.

"They're beggars like you too." The female ninja told me sadly. "And it's all your fault, Bang Yongguk. Your selfishness has cost you a lot and hurt others as well. I'm so disappointed in you."

I shook my head. "No. This isn't happening. This won't happen. It won't, it can't..."

"All your fault." Eun Mi repeated again, but this time her voice sounded distant. "Your fault."

My vision was getting blurrier as I watched my future-beggar-self fade into the background of people mocking me. I clutched my head with both my hands, suddenly having a huge headache. "No, this can't happen! No! Andwae!!"

Eun Mi's voice echoed in my ears. "All... Your fault.... for Zelo.... My unicorn disappearing... All because.... Of you..."

"No! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" I cried. "I was wrong! I admit I was wrong, I'll get Zelo tomatoes! Please, just don't let this happen!"

"Your... Fault..."

"No! I'm sorry! Please, no!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hyung? Are you okay?"

"Huh?"

I opened my eyes I realized I was back in my bed in my apartment with Himchan hovering over me. He had a confused expression on his face.

"Yongguk-hyung, you were talking in your sleep. Are you okay?" He asked me.

I sat up and sighed in relief. I wasn't a hobo! "Is it morning already?"

"Uh, yeah. It's Christmas morning and the others are over in Eun Mi's apartment opening presents she got for us." Himchan told me.

"Eun Mi?" That sly ninja... "Wait, presents! I gotta go get Zelo's tomatoes!"

"What?" 

I ignored Himchan's question and rushed off to find my phone. I frantically pushed the buttons and called the Cherry Tomatoes Delivery Hotline. Yes, there was a shop that delivered cherry tomatoes right to your door.

The phone rang once, then rang again before the worker picked up. "Ya, it's Christmas today, we're not working-"

"Can you deliver two huge crates of cherry tomatoes in fifteen minutes?" I asked them.

A girl's voice replied, irritated. "I said we're not open on Christmas-"

"I'll pay you three times the amount!" I cried. "Two crates in fifteen minutes! That's all I ask of you... I'll even quadruple it if I need to!"

"W-what?" The girl exclaimed. "Q-quadruple?! Arasseo, tell us your adress and I'll be there."

Yes, I did it. I told the worker-girl Eun Mi's apartment adress and hung up. Himchan was still standing there, looking at me oddly.

"Hyung, why so much cherry tomatoes?"

"Shush, little one. Let's go over to Eun Mi's, quick!"

"Um... hyung, you're acting weird..."

"I said shush!!"

I dragged the overly-confuzzled visual into her apartment and found the B.A.P. and Teen Top members all sitting down in her room, all crowded and noisy. Ricky saw me and waved to me.

"Yongguk-hyung! You're awake!" He cried. Everyone turned my way and I waved to them awkwardly.

Daehyun stood up. "We just had an ugly-sweater contest, you know, to see who has the ugliest sweater out of all of us."

"Guess who won?" Jongup asked me. "Changjo did!"

The Teen Top maknae stood up proudly and pointed at his red sweater, which had a sticker of Teen Top's blonde rapper's face on it. "I have L.Joe's face on my sweater! I automatically win!"

L.Joe stood up and wacked him on the head. "Ya, I am not ugly! Not as ugly as you, anyways."

Eun Mi giggled. "Guys, stop it! You're making such a big deal out of nothing. We already know L.Joe's ugly. We established that a loooooooong time ago."

"What?" He cried, turning red. "Eun Mi!!"

Everyone started laughing, knowing she was just joking. I sat down next to the silent C.A.P. and asked him if they had opened presents yet. 

"Yeah, most of us already did." He said. "Just small gifts, nothing big or anything you need to know about."

Chunji tapped me on the shoulder. "Guess what? I got a leafblower!! Woo-hoo!"

My eyes grew wide. "Why would someone give you a leafblower...?"

"I dunno, but I love it! I'm going to use it on innocent kids outside now!!" The main vocalist cackled evilly. 

Poor innocent kids...

There was a knock on the front door and everyone's heads swivled in the same direction. Eun Mi talked first. "Who is that? I didn't invite anyone else..."

"I got it!" I immediately stood up and opened the door to find the cherry tomato delivery girl with the two crates behind her. How she brought them here, I did not know but I didn't care at the moment. 

I got a glimpse of the girl's name tag, which said Sarangheniel before she handed me the bill. "Here are the two crates you requested-"

I was shocked at the name. Wasn't that the fangirl from before....? Anyways, I stuffed a bunch of money in her hands and went outside to carry the crates in. "Arasseo, I got it. Thanks!"

Sarangheniel wanted my autograph as soon as I was about to close the door so I balanced both crates with one hand (don't ask how) and quickly signed her shoe with a random sharpie she had before going back in.

"Who was at the door?" Sooyoung asked curiously before eyeing the two crates. "Whoa, what are you holding?"

Not answering, I put the two crates next to Zelo, who had been quiet throughout the whole time I was here. "Here you go, Choi Joon Hong."

"Wha-?" He exclaimed, surprised. "They're for me...?"

I nodded. "I'm sorry about what I said yesterday. I did get you some cherry tomatoes, alright? Merry Christmas."

"H-hyung did what?" His eyes widened and he opened the first crate quickly, revealing the huge box of tomatoes. "No way! I can't believe it!"

Zelo started jumping up and down with delight, just like the boy I saw on my trip to Christmas past, and the others did as well (for what reason, I did not know). 

"Thank you so much, hyung!" He ran up to me and gave me a tight hug. "This is the best Christmas ever!"

He went around and shared his prized tomatoes with the others and I smiled at his childish-ness. L.Joe was right; he was absolutely happy with just this much. 

All I did was stand in the back and sigh in relief. I only did this so he wouldn't get depressed and B.A.P. wouldn't disband. That's the only reason I got him those tomatoes.

Himchan came over to me while eating a cherry tomato. "Hyung, why the sudden change of heart?"

I waved him off. "I just felt like it, okay?"

He shrugged. "You're so weird hyung... but okay."

I spotted Changjo, L.Joe, and Eun Mi sitting together and enjoying the small fruits. I wonder if they were behind this... but then realized they couldn't because:

1. Ninjas weren't real

2. They were acting normal

3. Dreams are just dreams, not real

4. Unicorns aren't real either

"That was the most craziest dream I've ever had." I murmered to myself, throwing my body back onto the chair next to C.A.P., who was still silently eating by himself.

Ricky came by and tapped C.A.P. on the shoulder. "Hyung, can I have a bunny for Christmas?"

"No." The leader said bluntly.

"Why not?" Ricky whined with round and pleading eyes.

"Because you don't need one." C.A.P. replied.

Oh no, this was exactly like how Zelo begged for the tomatoes...

I leaned forward and whispered into C.A.P.'s ear. "Just give him the bunnies or else he'll become depressed and then Teen Top will have to disband and you'll become a homeless rapper."

He turned around and stared at me weirdly. "What?!"

"Just give him a bunny."