The Kidnapped?

Behind That Bright Smile [Sequel to Behind the Thick-Framed Glasses]

 

✻ chapter five:
the kidnapped?
eun mi's pov

 

The last of the fangirls left and B.A.P. was free to leave. On the way back to our apartment, Yongguk eyed L.Joe from head to toe. "Why is he coming with us?"

"To make sure nothing happens to my girlfriend." L.Joe countered.

Youngjae rolled his eyes and shrugged. "Nice to know you don't trust us." (A/N: LOL I'm sorry, thinking of One-Shot and Youngjae and 'trust' right now... the irony.)

As soon as we got to our destination, Zelo ran inside and flung off his black sneakers, the same ones I had found yesterday. One of them flew and almost hit L.Joe in the head. "Ya!" He cried, watching the shoe fly past him. The maknae responded by sticking out his tongue and shutting the door in his face.

"We're gonna go in and rest, okay?" Daehyun said, unfazed. 

"Okay." I nodded. "See you later!" 

All the B.A.P. members waved goodbye before heading in to their assigned apartment rooms. L.Joe followed me into my own apartment to see Zelo, who had already changed into his regular clothes, slumped on the couch and watching his portable TV. Weekly Idol with Apink was on and they were doing the infamous random dance corner.

"Noona, I'm hungry!" He whined, his eyes not wandering off the screen.

"She's not your maid, you know!" L.Joe said crossly. "Go get something yourself."

"Fine." Zelo fished his hand in his pocket and pulled out a bunch of small candies and packaged treats. "I'll eat these then."

"Whoa, where'd you get all those?" I asked.

"The fangirl noonas gave me them." He popped a lemon candy into his mouth and threw one at L.Joe, who caught it but then dropped it onto the floor, scowling. "They said I was cute and sweet like candy."

"I'm cute too..." L.Joe said under his breath. 

I giggled and bopped him on the nose. "Of course you are."

"I am!" He protested, turning slightly pink. Then he reached out and pinched my nose for revenge.

"Ew, you guys are acting all lovey-dovey mushy-mushy." Zelo said, showing a look of disgust on his face. "Yuck."

I laughed and ruffled his hair, something L.Joe always did to me. "I'm sorry, we'll try to keep the fluffiness at a minimum next time."

Zelo got up and pointed at my neck. "Hey, what's that?"

Before I could answer, he yanked my necklace off my neck and held it up to the light. It was the necklace L.Joe gave me on our trip to Jinan. 

"Hey! Give that back!" I lunged forward but he was too quick and dodged away from my grasp.

"Why?" He said childishly, swinging the piece of jewelry in circles. "It's so shiny!"

I reached up to grab it but he stood up at his full height, towering over me and my short self. L.Joe stood up as well, but he of course wasn't tall enough either. "Zelo, give it back to her!"

"Hyung, did you give this to her?" He teased again as I jumped, trying to get it back.

"Yes, so give it back!"

"Never!"

Zelo ran into my room and I ran after him, trying to wrestle the necklace away from him. When that didn't work, I tickled him and he let go of it immediately.

"Not fair!" He pouted and dropped to the floor. "You know my weakness now!"

I grinned and raised the necklace up in the air, symbolizing victory. Without thinking I took a step back and tripped over something, falling over and onto the floor.

"Oof!" 

I rubbed my head and looked down at what I had fallen on. L.Joe had come to the rescue and positioned himself so that I wouldn't hurt myself and hit the floor hard. He had softened my landing and was now looking at me with those warm brown eyes...

"Pabo." He whispered into my ear. "You're so clumsy."

I blushed and got off of him. "S-sorry..."

We awkwardly stood up and looked over Zelo, but he wasn't paying attention to us. Instead, he was looking at a box that had fallen onto the floor from the shelf.

"Oh, Zelo! Sorry, I must have knocked that box over when I fell down..."

Zelo didn't answer so I went over to him. The box wasn't just any box, it was the one that held all of Seohyun's stuff that I had kept over all these years. In his hands was the picture of Seohyun and I at Namsan tower with Chan Doo and L.Joe.

"Is that...?" He finally said something.

"Yes, that's me." I answered. The curly-haired-blondie nodded and looked back at the picture again. 'And that's L.Joe, over there."

"Yeah, I know. I can recognize his ugly face anywhere." Zelo teased.

L.Joe looked offended. "Ya!"

I giggled. Zelo was like another Changjo, always bickering with my boyfriend. But right now he had turned quiet again, staring at my best friend in the picture. 

I crouched down next to him and pointed at her. "That's Seohyun. She was my best friend."

"What do you mean by 'was'?" Zelo questioned before pausing. "What happened to her?"

"She... she passed away." I said quietly. "This whole box contains all of her possessions she left behind for me."

The maknae's eyes widended and he looked down at the picture again. "Oh... sorry for asking."

"It's okay."

 

"You were so pretty, I was so happy to have met you
But I guess you were different from me, huh?
If I have to live while forgetting you, I’d rather die-"
 
 
L.Joe's phone went off in his pocket and he took the call. "Yeoboseyo?" There was a pause as he listened to the person on the other line. "Uh, right now? Okay... got it."
 
"Who was it?" I asked, looking up at him. 
 
"It was Chunji. The others want me to go to the practice room with them." He said apologetically. 
 
"Don't worry about it!" I said. "Go to them before they get mad at you for being late."
 
"Arasseo." He gave me a smile before backing out of the room. "Don't do anything stupid! After what just happened, I'm kind of worried about you too..."
 
I stuck my tongue out at him and retreated. I heard the front door open and close shut, indicating he had already left. I looked back Zelo, who was still staring at the picture all this time. "Zelo?"
 
"Huh?" He looked up. "Sorry, I was just looking at..."
 
I smiled and turned to him. "Do you want me to tell you about her?"
 
"About Seohyun?" He said. "N-no, you don't have to, especially if you don't want to..."
 
"It's okay. I want to tell you." I took a deep breath. "Seohyun's real name is Seo Joohyun. She was my long lost twin and became my closest and only friend."
 
Zelo didn't interrupt or anything, so I continued. "Her parents owned a large company called SeoMate Company, where they made tech stuff like computers and software. You've probably heard of it."
 
He nodded silently and I went on. "Her parents wanted her to have a solid career and a good future, so they pressured her about getting high grades in school so she could take over the business when she was older. Seohyun wanted to become a singer, but she didn't object and just did as she was told."
 
"Why didn't she say anything about it if she didn't want to?" He asked me.
 
"She didn't want to disappoint her parents after all they've done for her." I explained. "But her parents decided to move to America to expand their company and work with more foreign clients. She decided it was too much, leaving me and her dreams of singing behind, and... she..."
 
I choked on the last few words and Zelo's eyes widened in realization. "Eun Mi, I'm sorry. I didn't know, I shouldn't have asked..."
 
"I-it's okay." I said, overpowering the tears that threatened to spill. "Thanks for listening, Zelo. I haven't ever talked about her with L.Joe. It feels good to finally... tell somebody, you know?"
 
He nodded in understanding. The atmosphere had gotten all gloomy because of my trip down memory lane and Zelo had called me by my name, not 'noona', which was really unusual. 
 
The maknae looked up at me as I stood up. I tried to lighten the mood and change the subject. "Do you want to eat some food, Zelo?"
 
His face lit up after glancing at Seohyun's picture again. "Yeah!"
 
"Let's go get something to eat!"
 
 
-- --
 
 
After L.Joe had left for practice yesterday, Zelo had spent the rest of the evening watching his TV show in silence while I did some homework. Our sleeping locations stayed the same but at least I got some decent sleep. I only had to wake up in the middle of the night once, but that's because Yongguk was watching a war movie next door with a scared Jongup yelping whenever a bomb went off.
 
Now it was morning and we were getting ready for school again. The water was working in the other boy's apartment, so that meant I escaped another hectic morning and didn't have to deal with Himchan hogging the bathroom again. Plus, they had left extra early, for some reason.
 
"Zelo, it's time to go!" I picked up my schoolbag from the floor where I put it and stepped outside. He quietly followed me and I made sure to lock the door. Zelo was really quiet this morning, he wasn't as hyper as yesterday. I wonder why...
 
As soon as I turned around, I felt a hand grab my wrist and pull me onto the path in front of our apartment.
 
"Zelo? What are you doing?!" I cried. 
 
The boy grinned at me and forced me to run with him, still pulling on my wrist. "Noona, let's go have some fun today!"
 
"Zelo!" I scolded him, but he continued to run to the bus stop nearby. "It's only your second day of school today, we can't skip!!"
 
He didn't answer and before I knew it, he had dragged me onto the next bus that stopped at the curb.
 
Zelo was technically kidnapping me, taking me somewhere against my will. Imagine the headlines in tomorrow's newspapers: "Maknae Rapper of B.A.P. Kidnapped a Young Girl from Namsan High..."
 
"Where are you planning on going, anyways?" I asked him as we sat down in the back of the bus, which was almost empty. "We should go back..."
 
"You'll see." He gave me a grin and looked out the bus window, leaving me to wonder about what he was thinking.
 
 
 

▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
 
 
✻ author's note the dorky me
At first, i was all depressed since I didn't update in 6 days so now I feel like crap... but then K-Food's  MV was out so I turned all happy again.

~Ljjang창조♪