The Cousin

Behind That Bright Smile [Sequel to Behind the Thick-Framed Glasses]

 

 

✻ chapter three:
the cousin
eun mi's pov
 

 

I stared at the five newcomers before me, all boys with blonde hair as well. They wore similar clothes to Zelo but each had their own distinct feature that set them apart.

"Ah, hyung! You're here!" Zelo ran up to one of the boys. "Come introduce yourself to Eun Mi!"

They all nodded in sync and it creeped me out a bit. One by one the boys introduced themselves to me.

"I'm Bang Yongguk, the oldest." He grinned at me.

"I'm Himchan!!" The next one jumped forward and gave me a smile.

One of the shorter boys waved at me. "I'm Jung Daehyun."

"And I'm Youngjae!!" The blonde boy the same height as Daehyun said.

"Jongup." The last one said, giving me a shy smile.

Zelo popped up in front of me. "And you already know me, the youngest, Zelo."

I continued to stare at them during their introductions. "Wait... you guys look awfully familar..."

"We do?"

I remember seeing them on a poster somewhere, advertising for Mnet or something. "Hey, aren't you guys that new rookie group that just debuted two weeks ago?"

They all grinned back at me, waiting for me to realize who they were. I racked my brain for the right name. "Wait, I got it! You guys are B.A.P., right?!"

"Yep! You know who we are?" Youngjae asked. "How do you know us?"

Because you're one of Teen Top's rivals and since I'm the girlfriend of Teen Top's rapper, I should know who their top competitors were... wait, I don't think I should say that. "I've listened to your songs before."

"Jinjja?" Zelo's eyes lit up. "Do you like our music, noona?"

"Of course! I really liked Warrior. Your rapping was incredible, Zelo." I can't believe I standing in the same room as B.A.P. The B.A.P.

"Yay! Our roommate is our fan!" He cried happily and childishly.

"About that..." I started. "Are you guys really going to live in here?"

Yongguk laughed at the shocked expression on my face. "All six of us? Including you?"

"Are you crazy?" Daehyun said. "Of course not!"

I sighed in relief. Of course, living with Kpop idols would be awesome, but they're BOYS. End of story. "Then where are you guys going to stay?"

"Yongguk hyung and Jongup will be staying together in the apartment next to this one." Himchan explained. "Daehyun, Youngjae, and I will stay in the other one next to theirs. Apparently nobody was occupying them and they were free."

"And I'm rooming with you!" Zelo said again, stating the obvious.

"But... I... why..." I tried to find the right words and put them in my mouth. "If you guys are idols, why are you guys even here in the first place?"

"School." Jongup replied simply. "We may be idols, but we're still at the age where we need to go to school."

"We're going to Namsan High, which is supposed to be close by." Daehyun said.

No way. "That's-"

"-the same school you go to." Zelo finished for me, grinning.

"How do you know which school-"

"-you go to? I have my ways." The maknae finished my sentence again.

"We'll be over in our apartments putting our stuff away." Yongguk said. "Zelo, don't bother Eun Mi, got it?"

He nodded at his hyung. "Arasseo."

With that, the five boys filed out and carried their luggage with them, leaving only Zelo's stuff behind. I turned to the young rapper. "I have another question."

"Ask away!"

"How did you get in here before the others?"

Zelo cocked his head to the side. "Like I said, I have my ways. I'm going to go watch TV, okay?"

"Um... okay." The maknae was now officially creeping me out.

 

-- --

 

"Noona, I'm hungry."

"Noona? How do you know I'm older than you?"

"Everybody is."

I checked the clock. It was already 7:49pm and I hadn't eaten anything since lunch. "Let's see if I have anything to eat."

Zelo followed me into the kitchen and I opened up the fidge, which was empty. The cupboards were empty as well, except for a few packages of instant ramen.

"Zelo, I'm sorry but all I have is ramen. Is that okay with you?"

"Of course! Can we make some for my hyungs too?"

"Sure, go call them over."

The maknae jumped up from his spot and did as he was told as I ripped open several packages of ramen and dumped it ino a small pot of water. I got out seven  bowls (all different shapes and sizes) and as much pairs of chopsticks I could find in my almost bare drawers. As I waited for the water to boil, I heard Zelo calling his hyungs.

"Yongguk hyung, Jongup hyung! Noona's making food for us!" He paused and shouted again. "Himchan, Youngjae, Daehyun hyung!"

At the word 'food', I heard the sound of doors swinging open and what must have been an elephant stampede before the B.A.P. member's burst through my front door. 

Himchan sniffed the air. "I smell ramen!"

"Oooh, I love ramen!" Daehyun exclaimed. "Actually, I love food! All kinds of food!"

I giggled. "It's almost done, just wait a bit longer, okay?"

As soon as the ramen was done I put them into the bowls with the soup and set them on the small table I had. The boys immediately dug in and ate like... er, pigs? Let's just say they were very cute pigs, okay?

"Thanks, Eun Mi. We were starving!" Younghae said in between slurping up the noodles.

"Anytime. I can't have the young idols starving, can I?" I joked, standing up with my own bowl of delicious goodness.

The bowls were emptied in a flash and the boys retreated to their apartments. Since their first day of school was tomorrow, they had to go to sleep early, like good chodings (A/N: cough Sungyeol cough).

"Noona, where do I put all my stuff?" Zelo asked me.

"Anywhere is fine. You can set it in that closet over there, there's nothing in it. And go wash up too, before you go to bed, okay?" 

"I already did, umma."

"Hey!"

He laughed and I couldn't help but laugh as well. His energetic personality was contagious. Plus, it was hard not to smile when he was wearing cute flannel pajamas.

Zelo walked into my room and stretched his arms up behind his head. "Let's sleep now!"

One problem. "Uh... Zelo... Where are you going to sleep?"

"With you, of course!" The young maknae said innocently.

"But you're a guy... And I'm a girl..."

"And?"

I mentally facepalmed. "You're so innocent, Zelo."

"...?"

"Just sleep on my bed. I'll sleep out here." I told him, going to my closet and taking out an extra blanket and an extra pillow-slash-weapon-for-creepers.

"But noona, the floor's hard and cold! It's not good for your back!" He pouted. "You sleep in your bed."

Oh God, that pout reminded me so much of L.Joe's pout (which was something he didn't do often). I blushed. "Kpop idols can't hurt their backs either, right? Don't worry about me, just sleep there."

He looked at me for a second before throwing himself onto the bed like a hyper seven-year-old. "Arasseo, thanks noona!"

I smiled and stretched on the laid-out blanket. I really can't believe I was sharing a room with B.A.P. But then again, I couldn't believe I was dating L.Joe. I guess impossible things happen all the time.

"Good night, noona." He called through the dark room.

"Good night, Zelo."

Maybe sharing an apartment with him wouldn't be so bad after all.

 

-- --

 

I take that back. Sharing an apartment with him and his hyungs would be as crazy as heck.

"Eun Mi noona, time to get up!" I felt a pair of hands gently shake me up. 

I groaned and rolled onto my side in my sleep. Was it already morning?

"Get up, noona!"

"Ngh... what time is it?" I said, still not opening my eyes. I could feel Zelo bouncing around next to me and I wonder how hyper could this kid be this early in the day. 

"6:59 o'clock."

I chuckled. He said o'clock when he didn't need to. I kept smiling, still half asleep.

Wait.

Did he say 6:59? School started at 7:30!

I shot up from the floor and startled him. "Zelo, why didn't you wake me up earlier?! School starts in half an hour!"

He looked up at me. "I was too busy watching TV. And you looked peaceful sleeping like that I didn't want to wake you."

Aw, he was sweet... but at he wrong time. "Aish... I'll just go get ready then."

I grabbed my uniform, still hanging from its hanger on the edge of my bed, and trudged over to the bathroom. I yanked on the doorknob but it was locked.

Huh.

"Zelo, why is the bathroom locked?"

"Oh, the hyungs say the water in their bathrooms isn't working so they're using ours." Zelo said. "Himchan is in there with all of his skin care products. But don't worry, he's the last one."

"What?!" I was wide awake now. If I remember yesterday clearly, Himchan had carried a backpack full of beauty products. Oh no, don't tell me he's going to take forever in there...

I knocked on the door. "Himchan! Hurry up in there!"

"Wait! I'm almost done with my hair!" He cried.

I sighed and leaned against the door. After what seemed like two blue moons, I knocked on the door again. "Himchan, balli! I'll be late to school if you don't hurry up!"

"Alright, alright, I'm done!" The visual of B.A.P. finally emerged from the bathroom, all pretty and clean and sparkling in the Namsan High uniform. 

I would have stood there and admire his beauty but time was running out and I needed to get ready in ten minutes, so I gently pushed him out of the way and entered the bathroom to get myself ready for the day.

The surface of the bathroom counter was barely visible under all the cleansing creams, lotion, and makeup that was scattered everywhere. It took me several minutes to actually find my toothbrush from under the giant mess. After I was finally done, I entered my kitchen where the boys were trying to put on their ties, which was required as part of the school uniform. 

"Why would somebody invent a torture device like this?" Yongguk said, fiddling with his tie before looking up and seeing me. "Ah, Eun Mi! You're awake!"

"Come here, I'll do it for you." I walked over to him and tied the piece of cloth loosely around his neck. "Wow, if only my friends could see me now, tieing the tie of Yongguk. They'd be so jealous!"

He jokingly swat my arm and I giggled. "Have you guys eaten yet?"

"No, but don't worry, we're not hungry." Daehyun said, who looked like the only one who had done his tie correctly. 

"Oh, if that's the case..." I checked the time, which said 7:23. "Let's go now! You don't want to be late on your first day of school!"

The boys nodded and I opened the front door. But just as I stepped outside, I came face to face with my first problem of the day.

"Eun Mi?"

It was L.Joe, standing there with his backpack slung over his shoulders and Changjo behind him. 

"L.Joe! Changjo! " I cried as B.A.P. huddled behind me and peered at the two people at our front door.

L.Joe's eyes grew wide as the sudden crowd of people. Changjo's eyes did as well. "Eun Mi, who are these people? Why are they in your apartment?"

"Um... er... I can explain..." Nope, I kind of couldn't.

Zelo stepped forward. "We're B.A.P.! Best, Absolute, Perfect- Hey! It's you!" He stopped and pointed at L.Joe.

"Z-zelo?" My boyfriend said with a surprised look on his face. "What are you doing here?"

"What are you doing here, sachon hyung?" 

Did Zelo just say sachon? As in cousin?

 


▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
 

✻ author's note the dorky me
Tee-hee. I've got nothing to say except for I love you all. And that sachon means cousin in Korean.
~Ljjang창조♪