The Rival

Behind That Bright Smile [Sequel to Behind the Thick-Framed Glasses]

 

 

✻ chapter four:
the rival
eun mi's pov

 

"My mother is Zelo's mother's younger sister. That's how we're related." L.Joe explained. "His parents also own the company my parents work for."

After our meeting at my apartment, we had decided to get to school before each of us were given detention. Now we were sitting in class, waiting for the teacher to show up and teach... or try to teach us, anyways.

"I haven't seen Zelo in a long time and I didn't hear from him until he debuted in B.A.P." L.Joe continued. "I never really thought we'd meet each other again."

"How come you never told me B.A.P.'s maknae was your cousin?" I asked him. "Isn't that something you should tell your girlfriend?"

"Uh, maybe?"

Zelo, Yongguk, and Daehyun were sitting next to us and listening in on our conversation. The fangirls around us squealed at them, not believing their classmates were Kpop idols. Daehyun was too busy doing fanservice for them to actually pay attention to us though.

"L.Joe hyung, are you saying you're dating noona?" Zelo asked. "But she's too pretty for you!"

I blushed and L.Joe gave him a glare. "Whatever... but why are you living in the same place as Eun Mi?"

"Just because." He didn't look up from his desk, where he was tracing the word 'B.A.P.' on the wooden surface with his pencil. "But don't worry, I didn't and won't do anything to her."

"You better not." L.Joe said under his breath. I tried to imagine Zelo 'doing something' to me, but then thought of the innocent boy from yesterday, who thought sleeping together meant nothing, and laughed.

"What?" L.Joe said, puzzled.

"Nothing."

The teacher came in and the class got all quiet, which was a shocker. She put down her papers and motioned Zelo, Yongguk, and Daehyun to get up in the front of the classroom.

"Class, as you can see, we have some new students with us today." She looked over at the boys. "Please introduce yourselves."

Not like they needed to. All the girls were whispering to each other excitedly and sneaking pictures of the new idols on their cell phones.

"We are B.A.P., yes sir!" They all said, Yongguk stepping up in front. "I'm Bang Yongguk, leader and main rapper of B.A.P."

The girls in the front squealed and covered their mouths with their hands out of happiness.

"I'm Jung Daehyun, the main vocalist." He shyly winked and the girls swooned.

"And I'm Zelo!" The maknae smiled one of his signature smiles and the girls squealed again, louder than last time. "I'm the lead rapper and lead dancer of the group!"

I saw L.Joe roll his eyes and I giggled. He must be jealous of all the attention his cousin was getting, since he usually was the one who was squealed over. The boys sat down again and the teacher managed to get us all quiet and start the day's lesson.

The next few classes were the same: one or two of the B.A.P. members would introduce themselves, the class would fangirl, any unfortunate Teen Top member in the same class would get jealous, and no learning was done. It was actually a very enjoyable day.

Lunch came and I found myself standing at a lunch table, Teen Top on one side and B.A.P. on the other. C.A.P. and Yongguk were smirking at each other with crossed arms, Chunji and Youngjae were staring each other down, and Niel was making a weird funny face at Daehyun. Ricky and Himchan were sticking tongues out at each other, Changjo and Jongup quietly eyed the other, and L.Joe was glaring at a grinning Zelo.

Let's just say they weren't on good terms with each other, because the cafeteria now had a tense atmosphere because of the two groups. 

Sooyoung appeared at my side, sweatdropping anime-style. "Um... guys? What's going on?"

"Zelo, don't even think about stealing my fangirls." L.Joe said, gritting his teeth together. "This school is ours, and ours only."

The maknae kept grinning. "It's not my fault if they think I'm a much better rapper than you, hyung."

The competition between the two clearly wasn't made-up. I tugged on L.Joe arm and told him to sit down. "Oppa, let's eat. I'm hungry!" 

He sent one last glare in Zelo's direction and sat down next to me. Niel and the other Teen Top members did as well, B.A.P. slowly following suit. 

"Why are you guys sitting here? There's barely enough room for just us!" Niel said. 

"We don't know anyone here but Eun Mi and L.Joe, so we have no where to sit." Zelo answered.

Chunji snorted. "Go sit with all those fangirls over there, they'll be happy to feed you themselves."

Himchan nodded his head. "Hmm, that's not a bad idea. Let's go!"

He stood up to go but got pulled back down by Jongup, who was shaking his head in disapproval. "Are you really my hyung?"

The rest of lunch was spent in awkward silence, Teen Top and B.A.P. still glaring at each other. They were like tigers, ready to pounce on each other if the other tried to make a move. 

And in physical education, nobody would pay attention to the soccer game because they were too busy huddling around Himchan and Youngjae. The coach had given up ages ago and was sitting on a chair, reading a magazine. A scoffing Niel and Ricky stood with me on the side, watching the fangirls fangirl.

As soon as school was over, fangirls from all over the school campus ran to them, asking for selcas, autographs, and their adress (as if they would give it to them; I would be murdered if anyone found out they were living with me).

L.Joe, Teen Top, and Sooyoung stood at the school entrance with me, all jealous of B.A.P.'s popularity.

"I can't believe it! Our fans all betrayed us for them!" Ricky whined cutely.

"Some Angels they are." Chunji said under his breath.

Changjo shook his head. "Oh, come on guys. Can't we share our fans?"

"Of course we can!" L.Joe answered. "But with Zelo? Definite no."

"Why not?"

"Just because."

"Aw, my oppa is jealous." I squeezed his cheek. "You've got some competition now! But don't worry, I'm still your number one fan!"

He smiled and ruffled my hair. "I know."

Jongup and Daehyun managed to escape from the fangirls and came up to me, their hair looking a bit disleveled. "Eun Mi, you don't have to wait for us to go home. You can go on first."

"It's okay." I replied. "I can wait until all the fangirls go home. We don't want anyone following us back to my place."

"Are you sure?" Daehyun said, looking back at the others, who were busy signing fangirl's shirts, shoes, and notebooks.

"I'm sure."

Two curly-haired girls came over and shyly tapped Yongguk on the shoulder. "Oppa, can you sign this for me?"

He kindly nodded and turned away to take the pen and Daehyun was met with more fangirls as well. C.A.P.'s face was unreadable but I could tell he was jealous of the blonde-haired leader.

"Wow, Eun Mi, you're so lucky!" Sooyoung said. "You get to live with them? I would trade Changjo for them any day..."

"Hey!" Her younger brother looked offended and she replied with a wink to tell him she was just joking.

L.Joe took my hand and looped his fingers around mine. "Eun Mi, just to be careful, can I go to your place too? I want to see... how my cousin and his friends treat you at home."

"Zelo didn't do anything to me, really! We even slept in different rooms!" I protested. The others laughed.

"Still, I'll go with you, okay?" He insisted.

I sighed. "Fine."

The Teen Top members left, still mad that the fangirls had forgotten about them, and Sooyoung went home, giving me a knowing look that said 'How come you get all the guys?'

We both stood there and waited for B.A.P. to finish their fanservice so we could head to my our apartment. I hope L.Joe 'approves' of B.A.P. living with me, even though Zelo is the only one who I'm sharing a room with. But what's with all these precautions? Living with them wasn't that bad.