Christmas Special with Yongguk: Part 1

Behind That Bright Smile [Sequel to Behind the Thick-Framed Glasses]

 

 

✻chapter eight:
the christmas special: part 1
yongguk's pov
 

 

"Yongguk-hyung, can you give me some cherry tomatoes as a Christmas present?"

"No."

"But it's Christmas! It only comes once a year!"

"No."

"Please?"

"No. Now be quiet so I can focus on my war movie."

"Pretty please?"

"Shut up, Zelo."

"Pretty pretty please?"

"No."

"Jebaaaaaaal?"

"..."

"Hyung, pretty pretty pretty ple-"

"NO!" I shouted. "I said no!"

"Why?" Zelo whimpered. His round pouting eyes made me regret yelling at him... but only for a moment. "Christmas is all about having fun and presents! And I love cherry tomatoes!"

"We have no time for 'fun and presents', Zelo." I told him, irritated with his nagging. "We need to prepare for out next performance."

"B-but..."

"But nothing. Now go practice your lines or something. Or go bother your other hyungs. Leave me alone."

The maknae left the room, his head hung down low, sulking, and his imaginary tail drooping in between his legs. He was obviously upset about the fact that he wouldn't be getting any cherry tomatoes for Christmas.

"Don't you think you're being a little to harsh on the poor boy?" Himchan said from beside me. "It's just a small present, it wouldn't hurt to give him some."

"No." I huffed, turning back to my war movie. "Look what he did! He distracted me from my movie and now I don't know if the new general will use a bomb or a unicorn attack to defeat his enemies!"

"Alright, that's your choice. I can't do anything about it." He shook his head as he exited the room. "Just don't regret it, okay? I'm going to go to bed now."

"Regret it?" I scoffed. "I don't know what you're talking about."

The pretty boy said nothing and retreated to his warm and inviting bed, leaving me to wonder what he meant.

Oh well, at least now I was left at peace and could continue watching my war movie with no more interruptions.

 

-- --

 

I must have been watching for too long because two war movies later, my head was nodding up and down, my eyelids slowly closing shut and then snapping open again. I was slowly drifting off to sleep in the middle of a unicorns-versus-aliens-versus-humans face-off.

My head rested on the back-rest of the coach and I closed my eyes shut, tuning out the sound of the TV and not bothering to turn it off. I let out a soft snore.

A few minutes later, I had almost fallen asleep when I heard a loud voice coming from the speakers.

"BANG YONGGUK!"

I immediately sat up, startled. "Huh? Who said my name?"

"BANG YONGGUK, IT IS YOU IS IT NOT?"

"What? Yeah, that's me." I groggily looked around the room but there was no one. "Wait, who's talking to me?"

"Look down here, doofus."

"Down...?" I did as I was told and shifted my gaze down, to the TV. And right there, on the screen, was the maknae of Teen Top. He was wearing a black ninja suit and a ninja mask that covered his mouth. Around his waist was a red ninja belt and he was staring at me with an irritated face. "Changjo, what the heck?"

"Who is this 'Changjo' you speak of?" He said. "I am Choi Jonghyun, the ninja of Christmas past."

"The ninja of what-a-what-what now?" I must be hearing and seeing things. Or maybe I was asleep and having a weird dream.

"Christmas past." Changjo rolled his eyes. "I'm here to show you what's wrong with not giving Zelo any cherry tomatoes for Christmas."

"Seriously?" This was it, I was hallucinating.

"Seriously. Now, get off that couch and get over here."

How dare he speak to his hyung like that, informally. "Changjo, this prank won't-"

"IT'S NINJA CHOI JONGHYUN-SENSEI TO YOU!!" He cried, the TV probably at max volume and blowing up my eardrums. "And it's not a prank. I said get over here before I kick you off the couch."

I sighed. I must be crazy, talking to a TV like this. Nevertheless, I stood up and went over to the TV. As soon as I did, Changjo lifted his arm and made a circling motion in the air, waving it around. A cloud of sparkles emitted from his arm and seeped out of the TV screen and into the room.

"What the-?" I cried, staring at the mysterious sparkles. I was swallowed by the mist and the sparkles clouded my vision. When the mist cleared, I was now standing next to Changjo in a white room. There was a window in the room, showing me the apartment I was just standing in two seconds ago.

"Don't be so surprised, Earthian." Changjo said. He snapped his fingers and then a black unicorn appeared right next to us. It had a horn that sparkled like a vampire, a silky mane as soft as a cloud, and wings of a bird, like Pegasus.

"Is that what I think it is?" I exclaimed.

He nodded and petted the unicorn's mane. "Yep, its my pet unicorn. Her name is Black Angel."

"Wait, I didn't know ninjas had pet unicorns." I said, confuzzled.

"Only us and the AFF ninjas have them." Changjo said. "Every other ninja doesn't, which makes them totally lame."

"What do you mean by 'only us'? Are there more of you?" I questioned him.

He nodded. "Of course. Now, get on. We don't want to waste anymore time."

"Get on...?"

"Onto Black Angel, duh." Changjo rolled his eyes. "I need to show you part of Christmas past and the only way to get there is by unicorn."

"Uh..." This had to be a dream. I always dreamed about weird stuff, but not this weird. "Okay."

Hesitantly, I went over to the unicorn and brought my leg up to sit on her back. Changjo got on after me and then there was a flash of light. I shut my eyes abruptly, not wanting to become blind, and when I opened them we were flying high up in the night sky. The weird thing was I couldn't feel any wind or anything.

"Whoa, this is so cool!" I looked down.

Underneath us, the city of what must be Namsan glittered in the dark night. Very few cars drove on the deserted road, but that was because it was Christmas Eve. There were Christmas lights every where and a light snow was falling, gently blanketing the city.

The ninja of Christmas Past grinned. "I know right?"

He leaned down to whisper in Black Angel's ear and the unicorn nodded, suddenly diving downward at a speed of what must have been 183 miles per hour.

"AAAAAHHHHH!!!" I screamed, hanging for dear life.

Changjo chuckled behind me. "What a manly scream you got there."

"Shut up." I screamed back at him.

The Black Angel unicorn landed on the ground and Changjo pushed me off onto the ground. I landed on my face and scowled at him. "What the flip? What was that for?!"

"For nothing." He shrugged. "Now, follow me. I only have five minutes to show you what I need to show you."

Changjo snapped his fingers and Black Angel vanished into a bunch of sparkles. What was up with ninjas and sparkles these days?

Looking around, we had landed in front of a house, covered in snow and decorated for Christmas. There were Christmas lights on the trees and on the roof and a snowman standing in the yard, only it's head had fallen off and rolled to the edge of the sidewalk.

The ninja of Christmas Past had already reached the front door when I finished scanning the background and I ran to catch up to him. We slipped into the house and was hit with warm air, smelling nice with a hint of cinnamon.

"Changjo, what is this place?" I asked him. 

He didn't answer so I followed close behind him as we entered a room with a Christmas tree and presents littered everywhere. Wrapping paper was thrown in our faces and a childish scream was heard.

"OH MY FLIPPING BUNNIES, YOU GOT ME CHERRY TOMATOES?!?!" A little boy before me was holding a small box in his hands, half-unwrapped, and jumping up and down in delight. The boy had curly blonde hair and couldn't be more than 7 or 8 years old.

A woman and a man, most likely the boy's parents, stood behind the boy looked at each with smiles on their faces. "You've been a good boy lately and we wanted to give you a reward."

The blonde boy ran up to the couple and tackled them into a hug. "Thank you so much, umma and appa! Thank you!!"

The father chuckled. "It is Christmas after all."

I turned away from the family scene and towards Changjo. "Um, why are we here?"

He looked at me in annoyance. "Don't you know who that little boy is?"

"No." I replied. "Is he someone I should know?"

"Yes." The ninja said. "Dude, who else do you know that would want cherry tomatoes for Christmas?"

"Wait, that's Zelo?" I looked back at the little kid who had ripped open the package of cherry tomatoes and began eating them in happiness. 

"Yes, genius." Changjo retorted. "This is Zelo and his parents celebrating Christmas eight years ago. Don't you see how happy he is because of the cherry tomatoes?"

I had to agree that he did look like he was really happy. The smile on the younger Zelo couldn't possibly get any bigger. His eyes twinkled in joy as he ate another cherry tomato and his mother ruffled his hair. "I guess... but why are you showing me this?"

"I'm showing you this to say that giving Zelo something as a present wouldn't kill you." Changjo told me sternly. "Maknaes are still kids, you know."

I snorted. "He's not a kid anymore. He has to grow up and understand that presents aren't everything."

"You're so stubborn." Changjo sighed in frustration. "Anyways, my 5 minutes up and you have to go back so the next ninja can have his appointment with you."

"Next ninja?" My attention snapped back to him. "Oh no, you can't just-"

Changjo ignored me and snapped his fingers one more time. The sound of Zelo's happy squeals disappeared and were replaced by silence. My vision and then suddenly I flipped backwards and landed on my side.

"Ugh..." I groaned, slowly sitting up and trying to ignore the pain in my back. "Changjo, why'd you do that?!"

There was no answer.

I opened my eyes and realized I was back in my apartment, on the couch in front of the TV, which was now off. Confuzzled, I stood up and looked around me again, but Changjo was no where in sight. 

"Aish..." This rascal couldn't be messing with me like this. Maybe watching war movies every night wasn't a good idea, because I now doubted my sanity.

I trudged into the bathroom and the water to wash my face, careful not to make a racket and wake the others up. I looked into the mirror and saw myself with bags under my bloodshot eyes. Cupping more water into my hands, I washed my face again and dried myself off.

"Man, Zelo and his obsession with cherry tomatoes is unbelievable..." I muttered to myself and looked into the mirror for the last time. But what I saw wasn't the reflection of the blonde leader of B.A.P., it was the blonde rapper of Teen Top.

L.Joe sneered at me from inside the bathroom mirror.

"Bang Yongguk, I've been waiting for you." 

 

 


▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
 

✻ author's note the dorky me
Hope you guys like the start of the special chapters ^^ Merry Christmas to you all~ Or Happy Holidays if you don't celebrate Christmas... must be awkward for you guys, sorry. Hope you got what you wanted! And no, I didn't (L.Joe wasn't under my tree).
~Ljjang창조♪